Husqvarna Lawnmower Problems - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
icurnmedic
Thomas Church
1994 Red D90

Husqvarna Lawnmower Problems

I know its off topic but I have a husqvarna riding mower 48 inch cut, approx 3 years old. I mowed two weeks ago and never had any previous problems. The hrs were around 25 when I finished. Monday I went to mow again and the mower would not start. I noticed that the hrs said something like 64 , so I guess I must have left it on in some facet although it obviously was not running. Anyway I changed the battery , put the terminals on wrong in the dark, blew the fuse, replaced the fuse, and attached terminals correctly. It started fine.Then I went to mow today, and engaged the blades. The 20 amp fuse blew again. I replaced with higher fuses up to 30 and it continues to blow. Any ideas? What are some things I should check out, replace? Also I noticed that there is one connector under the hood that is not connected and I cannot find anywhere it should connect. I was told that this could be a diagnostic wire but again, dont really know. Any help or thoughts are appreciated. BTW , lowes passed the buck to the manufacturer, and I cant seem to get anyone who knows anything about these to advise. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2009, 01:39 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Check or replace the seat safety switch.. I'm not sure if that model has one but my Zero Turn Craftsman has had that problem a few times
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
icurnmedic
Thomas Church
1994 Red D90

The safety switch had gone bad along with the PTO engage lever. Cost $100 , but I am tickled with that low of a price. Thanks for your input, Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I just had mine serviced and it needed the carb rebuilt + Stuck valve, cost $80.00

You made out very well indeed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
problems