Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillo90
I wonder how a full ARB would have fared. At those speeds, probably not much better.
I think it would do OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawayama
I can tell you that I saw with my own eyes a D90 hit a full grown mule deer (doe) at 65mph and it didn't damage the front end of the D90 at all.

That's when I decided that ARB bumpers were honest front end protection. They became a client much after that.
From this thread

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...54&postcount=3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnrover
Mazen,

Sorry to hear about your truck. Question - do you know where you/your guys will get the left front outer panel from? I've been wanting to replace mine for a while - mine has the side light installed in the wrong location (located for a 94 as opposed to a 97 when they replaced it) . Thanks!
I got mine from RDS after my accident. They aren't drilled at all. You need to do the hole for the light and the roll cage cutout yourself. I still haven't gotten around to doing the outer lights. I like the clean look of the outer wing I've got right now as you can see here.
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:52 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

I can't believe I didnít see this tread when Mike posted it, but I believe he's making reference to local D90 owner here in Portland that hit a deer with his ARB head on. While I too didn't witness the actual collision I have seen the bumper after the fact (with fur still attached) and its solid. In fact the most damage, if I recall correctly, was on the passenger side door and wing from the animal rolling across it.

DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2004, 04:09 PM
vnrover
Paul Huynh
1997 D90 ST #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillo90
I got mine from RDS after my accident. They aren't drilled at all. You need to do the hole for the light and the roll cage cutout yourself. I still haven't gotten around to doing the outer lights. I like the clean look of the outer wing I've got right now as you can see here.

Tony, I see that you got matching matted fender flares too. Are those genuine LR or aftermarket? I'm assuming aftermarket, cuz I can only find glossy genuine ones.
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnrover
Tony, I see that you got matching matted fender flares too. Are those genuine LR or aftermarket? I'm assuming aftermarket, cuz I can only find glossy genuine ones.
I can find the Matt ones

http://www.northeastbritishparts.com...RCH%20KIT-MATT
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
vnrover
Paul Huynh
1997 D90 ST #1302

yeah, those are aftermarket. i called them and they told me such. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, it's just they're not genuine LR.
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
That's the only place I could find them. I had also ordered a 5-bar for the bonnet and wings from them but they never shipped it. Calls were useless. They'd say it'll be shipped next week but they never were. I gave up.Thankfully I got the more desperately desired matte flares. I'd still like the bonnet 5-bar but they were the only ones that claimed to stock it.
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

hmm well I ordered some parts from them that should be in today, if not I'll drive up to the place to find out what is wrong as they are only 30 min up the road.
Old November 25th, 2004, 11:25 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

:eek that sucks dude. Time to get some HD brush bar like RW or ARB. However, I doubt any HD brush bar would have prevented the damage but it could've minimized it.
Old November 25th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Well the parts came in just as they said. I don't knbow what to say Tony.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat