How many owners. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90
Who has my white 97 D90 SW (saldv324xva121682) in tha Arlinton VA area? I shouldn't of sold it

Anyway, Im the 2nd owner of my current 97 D90 ST.

Old December 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green
I was the second owner of '97 LE #106 (bought it at 12K miles). Orignal owner was in Atlanta
I'm the third owner on my '95 ST (bought it at 85K miles). Original owner was in Boston, second in Greensboro, NC

Old December 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Jim C.
Original owner here.. 13 years and counting.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158
I am with you Cirbo. I am the original owner of #158 for 13 years. She's not going anywhere!
"I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss." - Arthur
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor
Original owner here!
Rob Dassler
SWR Automotive
505-872-7818 (shop)
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Never thought about it but I am the 4th owner of RedSq., my 1960 109 ex-SW. It was a 5 door, owned and driven by the original owner until he was too old to drive it anymore. Then it sat oin a farm where it got abused by the kids and left fro broke in a field in PA. Jeff Meyer's parents spotted it there and told him about it. They went to go try to buy it and it was hooked to the tow truck of a guy who had just bought it for the tires only. I think Jeff gave him $150 and let him keep the tires. Then he stripped all the good parts off and sold it to me for $500.

I rebuilt it into a 3 door. So I guess if you include the guy with the tow truck that makes me 5th. Damn. Well, I'm only the third one to drive it. So there. It still had the SI style rear brakes on it when I got it.

Old December 7th, 2007, 05:45 PM
1994 #1695 Not stock.
3rd Owner.

1st owner was a hollywood studio that used it in a pilot, Robert Conrad was in it, thereis a twin rover somewhere that was used in the pilot also.

Purchased off the lot by a nice lady who trained dogs.

I have had it since 1996.
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue
I am the first owner of my Arles Blue SW. I bought it off the lot at Land Rover North Point. Drove it home off the lot and took a sharp left hand turn into the driveway. That's when the wiring harness to the newly installed Hella 1000's became twisted in the steering linkage which caused the truck to have a melt down right there in the driveway. the tow truck came that night. So, I guess it was the day after I took delivery that I really took delivery of that one. Who would have thought that the dealership would have forgot to zip tie all the wires?

I am the 3rd owner of my Monza Red ST. I bought it from a guy who was "just keeping it for a while", while his brother-in-law settled his divorce. After signing the papers over to me he told me how he sold it out from under him without him knowing. I felt bad for the guy, but not that bad. The guy only had it for 3 weeks, so I am really the 2nd owner. There is a lesson there: Don't let your stupid ass brother-in-law have the keys to your Defender. Ever.
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

97 D90 SW
Old December 8th, 2007, 08:13 AM
94 ST
I'm the third owner of my AA Yellow ST. I have the original bill of sales showing what he paid the dealership, along with the maintenance records.

I believe I'm owner #4 for the LE, somewhat of a sad story. The owner before me bought it from Land Rovers For Sale in AL. While the truck was being shipped up to MI, he became ill and ended up in the hospital...he never got to see the truck, passed away from a brain tumor a few weeks later. Fast forward 2 years later, his widow was doing some down-sizing...puts the house up for sale in addition to selling off the 67 vette and a few other sweet rides they had in the pole barn behind their very beautiful home. The LE, which sat for 2 years, was the last vehicle if you don't count the tractor that needed to go.

"It insists upon itself" Family Guy
"Your Defender insists upon itself" Dave Parker

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat