How I Hate The USPS, Let Me Count The Ways - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM
javelinadave
-
-

How I Hate The USPS, Let Me Count The Ways

I ordered a stainless steel screw set from Stig Fasteners in the UK. They promptly shipped them via registered mail. The package made it as far as my local post office where it promptly disappeared. Lost or pilfered, who knows but I am pissed.
I filed a complaint but that is kind of like Eric Holder investigating Eric Holder, nothing will happen. It will be another month before this gets sorted out and I can rehang my doors. At least they get Monday off and I don't. Did I mention that I hate the USPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
I ordered a stainless steel screw set from Stig Fasteners in the UK. They promptly shipped them via registered mail. The package made it as far as my local post office where it promptly disappeared. Lost or pilfered, who knows but I am pissed.
I filed a complaint but that is kind of like Eric Holder investigating Eric Holder, nothing will happen. It will be another month before this gets sorted out and I can rehang my doors. At least they get Monday off and I don't. Did I mention that I hate the USPS.
I ordered a few fuse panels from the UK. The packaging busted open at some point and I lost nearly half of my terminals. The USPS just taped the thing back together and slapped a sticker on it that said we're sorry that your package got damaged. I doubt they even tried to pick up the pieces off the floor and put them back in the package. I cannot really be sure if the rough handling was USPS or Royal Mail, but the sticker came from this side of the Atlantic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3837684655.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	73106
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:13 PM
redway77
Beatrix

Not cool I'm still waiting on a few chive.com stickers. I don't have much faith in the us postal service. But I will add, 95 degrees here and my mail man is stuck in my apartment complex sorting room for 4 hours so far and no AC. He gets my respect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 11:58 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I sent a check and it never showed up. I should have fedexed cash like I usually do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat