How hard is it to knock down a national historic registry building?? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
The zoning for the township it is in has historic districts (this house is not in one) and specifically incorporates anything on the national (or state) historic registry into the historic zoning ordinances (including the hearing board process) so the house is covered by the historic zoning board process.
This is good news. Along with the fines you mentioned, this developer isn't just going to knock it down and get away with it. I would contact your City/County/Township Planning/Zoning Department for some more information on the specifics of the ordinance(s) that apply to this property. I'm a city planner by trade so if you have any questions about language in the ordinance send me a PM and hopefully I can help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat