How did you come across the D-90 Source? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:51 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Last I spoke to him, sounded like he was doing good. He had a girl he was dating and real busy with work and other things in his life.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:57 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Last I spoke to him, sounded like he was doing good. He had a girl he was dating and real busy with work and other things in his life.

New Girl in the Picture means his old friend D-90 is done for a while... Till he gets board of her...
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
If it was the girl (teacher) in Chicargo that was over ages ago. He's doing a lot with his local church and has been helping a friend refurbish a house just round the corner from me. emailed him a few days ago, no reply yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
As soon as I got the first pc with Internet connection...2001 I think...search>Land Rover>d90.com...forum wasn't there yet,but lot of stuff to dream/drool over...

+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:53 PM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
First came upon this site thru the Yahoo site ,and I still monitor that site, after I purchased my first D-90 in 99 and I check the site almost daily .This site has made for great times, good friends , and a very useful Rover knowledge base . Thanks Chris and Mike H .
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

I am the original owner of my D-90 - but I sold it to one of my best friends for 4 years. I had no idea that this page existed then.

When I bought the same truck back from my friend 2 years ago, he told me about it. I have been hooked ever since.

Wish I knew about you before - you guys could have talked me out of selling! But all is well........I have the D-90 back to stay!

So there are 6k +/- NAS Defenders in the country, Right? About 3k SW and 3k ST? How many of those members are on this board? And idea?

Flagg
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:30 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

PO of my first Defender turned me onto the site. Three Defenders later and I am still hooked. Drives the wife crazy. Mike
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
So there are 6k +/- NAS Defenders in the country, Right? About 3k SW and 3k ST? How many of those members are on this board? And idea?
I guess I could try and pull those numbers from the members profiles somehow but I would have to see how to best get accurate results since people are not consistent with how they enter the info kind of like the locations.

Since I took over, the site has gone from a forum with 20 registered users to now over 3000. I would say that 1/2 of those are/were Defender owners. Doesn't seem like a huge number compare to other forums, but unlike other forums, I actively delete about 25 - 50 accounts a week that are bogus/spamming accounts so the growth in the membership is lower. Also, unlike other forums, I dont require people to register for an account if they just want to surf the forum and look at attachments.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

I was researching to buy my D90 in '03(?) and found this through a web search. A great place to exchange info and to make some pretty good friends. I've given several D90 drivers a bumper sticker and telling them how great the site is and how good the community is. Most find it hard to believe there is actually an online group of guys who are constructive and supportive. DiscoWeb is much more the norm for the internet, whereas D90 guys are pretty good at self-discipline. CVC does an awesome job with the site, too.

I've been out of touch with Mike. What happened to his truck...this time?
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:47 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Nov 06 ripped out front diff,
http://salmons-leap.com/rovering/v/M...03233.JPG.html
He thought while fixing that he would fix everything else that needed doing. He was over a few mths ago,still no go.

Old November 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Aah, Mike in the water. Gives me a feeling of calm that all is right in the world still

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, ac, d-90