Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 26th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Rosproline157
Matt Oaks
1992 Defender 90

Registry
Honda Car Dealership

Anyone on the east coast have a solid lead for a honest Honda Car Dealership.
I am looking buy a new pilot.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Troys
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW

Resproline

Duncan Honda in Christiansburg, VA.

Rick Woodson Honda in Roanoke, VA. My mom has boght her last 4 Hondas from Rick Woodson and been happy.

I can get you the sales guy my folks deal with. My fathers mode of opertion is he finds the best deal online and makes the local dealership match it or he leaves. Woodson has always matched his price.

I know the GM for the Duncan Audi here in town and he could get me a good sales guy in Christiansburg for you.

It would be no probelm to take a look at something for you too as I drive by both those dealerships weekely.

Troy
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Ourisman Honda, one of the biggest Honda Dealers with impeccable reputation

( Bethesda MD )

O'Donell Honda very close second

Criswell Honda ( a bunch of pricks )
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

If price is the true measure since the product is the same, put it out there on the internet and see who bites. We bought our last two cars that way and it works well. Build the car you want and see if it is out there already. The last time we had three dealerships within 100 miles bidding for our business. This is the perfect time to do so at the end of the month after the holidays. I truly believe the deal we got on our last car was because the dealer needed the unit for their total for the year. These dealerships compete for product from the manufacture and if they reach a certain number they get priority for the better products.

I have a rule that the deal is done before I step foot on the lot, I am there only to sign paperwork and take delivery. If they get you on the lot before the deal is done that is where the monkey business takes place. It really is a nice way to do it because they need you at that point more than you need them. I think 100 radius is a good distance for a significant savings. I would put it out there so you can close the deal by Saturday.

From WVa Charlotte is not too bad a distance but you should not have an issue finding what you are looking for closer to home.

Good Luck.
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Rosproline157
Matt Oaks
1992 Defender 90

Registry
Talking

Worked the deal over the phone!

Although the local guy was trying putting the screws to my family, so he thought, we were fortunate enough to stumble across GLOCKNER HONDA. And it went great!

Glockner Honda was $6000.00 cheaper on the exact same car and trade (trade-in car was already paid off)! We had to travel 70 miles further to get the car from a dealership that I didn't even know existed. We found them on Honda's Website. We didn't have to haggle and there was no running back inforth from them. Check out Glockner Honda in Portsmith, Ohio. Ask for Mrs. Stephine Flake.

MC36, You are exactly right when it comes to purchasing a car, over the phone is the best way to go. My wife and I also own a Nissan Murano. Which we purchased over the phone from Nissan of Hickory, NC. 230 miles +/- from the house. It was completely worth the trip. We took a cashiers check and was in and out in less then 45 minutes. and saved $4500.00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC36 View Post
If price is the true measure since the product is the same, put it out there on the internet and see who bites. We bought our last two cars that way and it works well. Build the car you want and see if it is out there already. The last time we had three dealerships within 100 miles bidding for our business. This is the perfect time to do so at the end of the month after the holidays. I truly believe the deal we got on our last car was because the dealer needed the unit for their total for the year. These dealerships compete for product from the manufacture and if they reach a certain number they get priority for the better products.

I have a rule that the deal is done before I step foot on the lot, I am there only to sign paperwork and take delivery. If they get you on the lot before the deal is done that is where the monkey business takes place. It really is a nice way to do it because they need you at that point more than you need them. I think 100 radius is a good distance for a significant savings. I would put it out there so you can close the deal by Saturday.

From WVa Charlotte is not too bad a distance but you should not have an issue finding what you are looking for closer to home.

Good Luck.
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:02 AM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

Glad it worked out in your favor! The days of haggling back and forth all day are over for me. Time is too precious and I like having the upper hand. I like walking in with a check, signing a few papers and I'm gone. If you are face to face with them before the deal is done you are toast
Great job.
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Ourisman Honda, one of the biggest Honda Dealers with impeccable reputation

( Bethesda MD )

O'Donell Honda very close second

Criswell Honda ( a bunch of pricks )
My mother has purchased several hondas from ourisman, I have purchased 3 from them..sales manager German Vidal has allways been down to the point no bs..
maryland has one of the best lemon laws around.
I purchased one acura from radley, would not purchase anything from them again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat