Homeland Security took my 110 - Page 84 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 4th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC

WTF did I Miss?? Serves me right for working for once! Face palm!!
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
http://www.lro.com/news-reviews/2014...zed-defenders/

A good friend recently sent me the link above via FB. I had no idea it was being written and I'm honestly very flattered. Thanks for the kind words Danny!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Andy R
Andy R
Site Team

Great job Will! It's refreshing to hear about a lawyer helping in this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Squaretyre
Landan
94 d90

Registry
Wow, great news. Cudos again to Will
Old September 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Calling Jay. We need a run of "defender of Defenders" shirt!!!
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Glad to see the article came out! I coordinated with Steve Hoare of LRO to get some info/pics in his hands and put him in touch with Danny. Glad to see the positive publicity.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 6th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Glad to see the article came out! I coordinated with Steve Hoare of LRO to get some info/pics in his hands and put him in touch with Danny. Glad to see the positive publicity.
Thanks Jason!

Quote:
Old September 6th, 2014, 01:19 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Now if you can just parlay that into some paid work...
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Quick Update:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I filed a Motion to Dismiss this past Monday as well as the Answer to the Complaint for all 19 of the parties that I am representing. The government has until Monday Sept. 8 to respond to the motion.

I'll be sure to update what I can, when I can, from here going forward. In the mean time, my thanks go out again to everybody for their support!
So what's the verdict? All the ones you were representing get dismissed/returned? Any ideas of info on the other ones?
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
So what's the verdict? All the ones you were representing get dismissed/returned? Any ideas of info on the other ones?
It will take much longer than a week for the court to rule.

The Govt has a fixed time by which they have to answer. Or request an extension of time to answer which the Court may or may not grant.
Depending on the Govt answer, the court may dismiss some or all vehicles as Willh has requested or schedule a hearing, or reject the motion.

Just like the path less traveled, this road will get bumpier the longer its traveled.
Old September 24th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Gentleman,

I have a quick update:

This past Monday, the government filed its response to my motion to dismiss along with a cross-motion for summary judgment. All told, it is 153 pages long, including supporting documents. The government is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at these seizures.

I'm still evaluating the documents and I intend to file a response to the government's cross-motion. Of the original 40+ vehicles listed on the warrant, only 25 are still involved in the case. The remainder have been dismissed.

I'll update again when I can. And, thanks again for everyone's support!!

Quote:
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
You da man!
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Cheers to you!!
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:30 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Bummer.. I was hoping they would just throw their hands up and say,---- sorry guys, we made a bit of a mistake but we clearly made a point that we won't stand for any illegal imports, so let's move on from here-----.
sorry to hear they wanna keep doing this Will..isn't the government concerned about their lawyers just racking up lots of hours...must be costing them some money...lol....
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
Looks like Will's wife is going to need to hire someone to mow the lawn and do the fall clean up around the house while he wades thru the latest pile of crap from the feds. Please take a minute to support the guy who is supporting the community.

Make a donation or buy an overthrow shirt, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Hello everyone
As many of you know, Will has undertaken representation of many Defender owners in an effort to recover the seized Defenders, as well as potentially affecting the way in which many of these laws governing imports and modifications are interpreted. He has elected to do so without compensation, and is consequently investing a tremendous amount of his time. Also, he is not setup to accept any donations that would go a long way toward offsetting this time away from his family.
So, after many discussions, we have determined it best to make donations to my wife's PP account, which will then be forwarded to Will's financial manager, aka his wife.
Please do not feel obligated to donate, but at the same time please realize what it would cost individually to defend such a case- much less at the level of urgency he has accomplished.

All that said, please make any and all donations to: rgknepp@gmail.com
Also, if you would like to make donations but do not use Paypal, feel free to PM or e-mail for other options.

Thanks to all!!
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:29 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Fish Taco 90, 109 Coiler S/T 5-door

Well put Kraig!!
I don't think most can imagine the amount of time he has invested. He is off Wed afternoons, and has conference calls lined up each and every week. Not to mention nights and w/e's- he spent 36 straight hours getting the last motion ready which doesn't sound like a fun w/e at all.

Shayne, I don't recall the exact numbers, but something like 80% of these cases don't even get replies from the private sector. Then like 80% of the ones that are initiated drop it due to government beurocracy and being tied up for so long- imagine paying by the hour for Will's efforts and tenacity?!

Not to mention, 40% of the vehicles have already been released from the action!

Old September 24th, 2014, 08:18 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yeah, my comment was more tongue in cheek as to the lawyers on the government side probably are getting a pretty good wage and have everything to gain by continuing on the fight.. After all, they are getting paid by the "people" to represent the "people" to defend them against the unsafe vehicles being brought in... After all.. It's not like they have anything else to be concerned about..
I would think that as mentioned..they've made their point and everyone now knows that they are going to be more strict on their loose interpretations of the laws..I am sure the amount of non-compliant vehicles being even attempted to be shipped into this country has dropped dramatically as a direct result of this particular witch hunt..
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:23 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Sorry to hear that Will. Was hoping for the opposite. Ugh, 153 pages of eye straining bleep. The supportive documents must be interesting. I wish you the best.

I have attorneys in my family who were or are now involved with city and state government, one of whom is now thinking of taking a position in DC. It is comforting for me to know that I have that kind of support should I ever need it and I never take for granted how blessed I am to have them in my life.

It is a luxury to have this kind of team at your back and is one of the many reasons that I applaud you for stepping in. You are amazing to take this on for your extended family of Rover owners. I do not have to imagine the hours you are putting in and I know the midnight oil you will be burning. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Cheers to your wife and family. I am without doubt that they will be missing some of your attention but they also must be exceedingly proud.

Please take the time to contribute to Will and his efforts if you can. Even if it is only a small contribution, you can consider it buying this man a meal!
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
This afternoon, in light of the government's most recent court filing, it has become abundantly clear to me as to just where the marque stands on this issue.........

......the word "proactive" comes to mind.

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:28 PM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
Wat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat