Old August 1st, 2014, 07:55 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
typical shitty reporting right there....no mention by reporter of how this affected so many, what went on etc...asked some basic questions of Ms Brinkley, got basic yes no answers...piss poor reporting job IMO
WTF do you expect from FOX???
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
WTF do you expect from FOX???
Fair and balanced.
Old August 1st, 2014, 08:03 AM
SurfWagon
Matthew
None

I just looked through most of the 79 pages on the Defenders being taken. Still at a loss why the EPA needs Home Land Defense and a SWAT team.

What was the common connection between them? Just that dude in North Carolina?

If you buy one that didn’t go through this guy are you ok?

Has EPA/HLD released any statements?

If you were buying a Defender/110/90 how do you make sure that you are not going to get it taken because it was illegally imported several owners ago?

Where do you find all the VINs to make sure?

Would you buy a Defender that is on a new frame/engine for example…. If a 110 is restored with a 300 tdi and a galvanized frame is it now worthless even though it was legally imported?

Does the EPA/HLD go after every antique car that gets restored with a new engine, frame ect?

I was shopping for a vehicle. I think I will wait until all of this settles.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2014, 08:18 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Pirated and posted Fox and Friends news report on my youtube page for those who missed it.

http://youtu.be/7ubNSFi9Bag
Old August 1st, 2014, 08:22 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
Pirated and posted Fox and Friends news report on my youtube page for those who missed it. http://youtu.be/7ubNSFi9Bag
What an idiot; I hate fox... 'Clean air act' has a small piece of this regulation as it applies to the emissions of classic imports but he makes it sound like the guberment seized this defender because of the emissions. Schmuck
Old August 1st, 2014, 08:39 AM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Like that helped...what a f'in joke and 100% predictable...
Old August 1st, 2014, 08:52 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Fox news is completely and totally worthless. Thanks for recording and posting the video
Old August 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

A glorified tractor..... Love it.
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Even the dog is in the picture, I love it!! Congratulations Danny!!! I'm so glad I could make this happen for you!!!! And, these pictures are more valuable to me than any other form of compensation will ever be!!!

I'm not doing this for money folks. This picture encapsulates the reason I undertook this task. One word......FAMILY!!!!!

WOLVERINES!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
typical shitty reporting right there....no mention by reporter of how this affected so many, what went on etc...asked some basic questions of Ms Brinkley, got basic yes no answers...piss poor reporting job IMO
Wish we'd had someone better prepared for the first real public interview, to help steer it to the important facts and aspects of this case, like the loads of money spent on an investigation and seizure of many vehicles based on misinformation, and really driving home the point of how many resources were used for this and the degree of force used. You'd think that since they were driving the EPA point home so much that they could have spoken a little bit more about the irony of how these 25 year old vehicles aren't even inspected for emissions in most states, but I digress.
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:12 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Wish we'd had someone better prepared for the first real public interview, to help steer it to the important facts and aspects of this case, like the loads of money spent on an investigation and seizure of many vehicles based on misinformation, and really driving home the point of how many resources were used for this and the degree of force used. You'd think that since they were driving the EPA point home so much that they could have spoken a little bit more about the irony of how these 25 year old vehicles aren't even inspected for emissions in most states, but I digress.
Typical news tactic, have some idiot to interview who doesn't know what is going on them self and just wants their 15 minutes while you sit screaming about scandal and why we should all be mad. SENSATIONALISM, its a thing
Old August 1st, 2014, 11:58 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
What an idiot; I hate fox... 'Clean air act' has a small piece of this regulation as it applies to the emissions of classic imports but he makes it sound like the guberment seized this defender because of the emissions. Schmuck
Great way to draw some more unwanted attention towards these trucks from another government agency and the Global Warming Zombie protesters.
Alex Jones could have done a better job.
Thanks for the post.
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Gentleman,

I'm truly disappointed by some of the recent comments you've shared concerning my client, Mrs. Brinkley's, television interview. She is just as much a Land Rover enthusiast as any one of you are.

She was given very strict parameters by me concerning what she could talk about, as this is an ongoing case involving numerous parties. I think that she did very well given the level of questions she was asked and the tempo at which the interview took place. And, regardless of what you all think, ultimately, she has furthered our cause.

Now, I can easily see you all giving one of our fellow Defender Source members a hard time, it's almost customary. But, I think that it is less than honorable for you all to pick on a woman, who's only trying to call attention to this matter and the manner in which these seizures took place. I actually find myself more than a little bit embarrassed of you all right now. You should strive to be gentleman....not children.

And, let me remind you all, that people other than yourselves and federal agents read your posts on this website. What you type on your keyboard is a reflection of our community. And, the reflection I'm seeing right now is not one that I am proud of......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:14 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I didn't actually type anything.
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:24 PM
LNBright
Leslie Bright
1972 88" SIII

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
A glorified tractor..... Love it.
I caught that right at the end! No idea how many times I've used that phrase myself....

Will, you're right: this isn't a lady who' putting up w/ her husband's vehicular hobby, she makes it clear that this was *her* Rover that was taken.

It doesn't matter if it was really over the EPA or not; as she pointed out, when it was taken, it was still sealed; but the fact is, here was a lady w/ her loved Rover sitting in the carport, and the Feds roll up and leave with it.

Hope she gets it back.
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Pretty lame thread on Expo too. http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-confiscations

-Jeff
Jeff, thanks for the heads up. I've addressed the issue there now as well.

Quote:
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:06 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
I'm truly disappointed by some of the recent comments you've shared concerning my client, Mrs. Brinkley's, television interview. She is just as much a Land Rover enthusiast as any one of you are.
And we are disappointed with Fox's 15 second blurb that we deem to be factually deficient, my critique was less about your client and more about the manner in which this was covered.

Sorry if you took our responses as personal attacks against your client but I wouldn't take it personally as we are all well aware that she wasn't given a soap box or a lead in this interview and her Q and A was orchestrated by the producers to make this about 'big government' and not cover the ongoing legal litigation that you are graciously leading.
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:22 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Too many news channels and forced to survive on the Entertainment value of the product.
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
And we are disappointed with Fox's 15 second blurb that we deem to be factually deficient, my critique was less about your client and more about the manner in which this was covered. Sorry if you took our responses as personal attacks against your client but I wouldn't take it personally as we are all well aware that she wasn't given a soap box or a lead in this interview and her Q and A was orchestrated by the producers to make this about 'big government' and not cover the ongoing legal litigation that you are graciously leading.
I can certainly appreciate your position much better now.

Unfortunately, you did not articulate it quite so well before, and consequently, that is not the way it came across. I would caution all of you to be cognizant of how your posts might be considered or interpreted before you hit the "submit" button. Choosing your words carefully does matter.

Moving on....

I had the pleasure of attending and witnessing another homecoming today. This is Darren and his Defender (and that is the chain of custody receipt in his hands). He lives just down the road from me and he is the individual who first asked me for help him when this whole event came about. He is the individual who instigated me to take this case on. I was honored to be present at his home for the return of his 110. And, if I may I encouraged him to go see about a new personalized tag.... it just hit me while we were standing there, and some how "BORNFREE" seemed appropriate.

Congratulations Darren & welcome home "BORNFREE"!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2566235868.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	99914  

Quote:
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yeah Will not sure I saw much about your client here either. We were all hoping for more from the interview as part of the first real televized segment on the ongoing ordeal. I don't know about anyone else, but I got a little excited at the break before the commercials leading up to the interview as there was a picture of a Defender and a caption that said something about an excessive raid or something and one of the guys made a comment that got me excited. Then when they came back that guy wasn't the interviewer and the questions had not much to do with what I thought they'd be about based on their previous lead-in. Nothing on your client, as the interviewer steers the ship. It's nice when the news is on our side, I just wish we'd had a show better prepared - but I'm not sure any of us could expect much more from a show that runs 3 hours and covers a plethora of topics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu