Old July 16th, 2014, 03:50 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
OK Gentleman,

I hope I don't regret doing this, but, I've undertaken the task or representing a fellow member (and neighbor) who's 110 was seized yesterday. I am doing so pro bono (i.e., at no charge). I am willing to extend the same courtesy to the other members who have also been effected.

In full disclosure, I am not currently in private practice, but I am a licensed North Carolina attorney employed with the State of North Carolina and a member of the United States District Court of the Eastern District of North Carolina. I have today, been in contact with the Customs and Border Patrol Agent in charge of the seizures and with the US Attorney who is handling the case. Per those conversations, I have assured them both that I will not be sharing their contact information, so please do not ask.

I am willing to speak with you individually about your vehicles. If you would like to speak with me, I request that you email me your particulars first and then allow me to return your calls. Otherwise, this will all get disorderly very quickly.

My email is: will@williamhedricklaw.com

Let it also be clear that I want to see that the right thing is done. If you had a TD5 110 VIN'd as a 1984, I will not be able to help you. I'm doing this because, I've always felt that if positions were switched, I would appreciate someone doing the same for me.

*This offer is only extended to those 40 individuals who were effected by yesterday's seizures and who's warrant indicates a case in the Eastern District of North Carolina.

And with that said.......let the fun begin!

Will H has now assumed the role of "The Preacher" from High Plains Drifter--- giving hope to the helpless masses. Job well done Sir, you are a good man for stepping into the breach.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2014, 03:54 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Will you are a great guy.

Can't wait to read the Car and Drive story that details how far off the mark CBP was with their decision to raid certain personal residences on an early Tuesday morning.

Clay
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hitch
scott
86/ 110

Quote:
OK Gentleman,

I hope I don't regret doing this, but, I've undertaken the task or representing a fellow member (and neighbor) who's 110 was seized yesterday. I am doing so pro bono (i.e., at no charge). I am willing to extend the same courtesy to the other members who have also been effected.

In full disclosure, I am not currently in private practice, but I am a licensed North Carolina attorney employed with the State of North Carolina and a member of the United States District Court of the Eastern District of North Carolina. I have today, been in contact with the Customs and Border Patrol Agent in charge of the seizures and with the US Attorney who is handling the case. Per those conversations, I have assured them both that I will not be sharing their contact information, so please do not ask.

I am willing to speak with you individually about your vehicles. If you would like to speak with me, I request that you email me your particulars first and then allow me to return your calls. Otherwise, this will all get disorderly very quickly.

Let it also be clear that I want to see that the right thing is done. If you had a TD5 110 VIN'd as a 1984, I will not be able to help you. I'm doing this because, I've always felt that if positions were switched, I would appreciate someone doing the same for me.

*This offer is only extended to those 40 individuals who were effected by yesterday's seizures and who's warrant indicates a case in the Eastern District of North Carolina.

Email sent.
Awesome. Thank you, Thank you.
I almost cried when I read that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2014, 04:03 PM
jasonmorris1809
Jason Morris
2008 / Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
No names, just Vins.
Could you post the list of VINs? That'd be helpful to those of us out here that are a bit concerned... Thanks!
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
Thank you Will. I will email you shortly.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Now were talking! Awesome Will.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Will
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:19 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
OK Gentleman,

This is why I am involved on the board. It's people like Will that make this a great community. My hat's off to you Sir. Will I would like to buy you a beer sometime.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:20 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
OK Gentleman,

Compassion is a beautiful thing. Thank you for doing this Will.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Awsome Will!
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Bravo Will!
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:28 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

As a bonded importer, I'm glad I don't do vehicles.

I just spoke with a colleague of mine in the UK who is a Snap-On dealer.

He told me that he has seen no reference to anything having taken place in the UK and he services Turner Engineering and I'm certain that if they were aware of anything over there, those guys would know.

Good luck with the recovery of your trucks.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Rover110
Steve
1993 Defender 110 NAS #472

Fantastic! Good Luck!

Quote:
OK Gentleman,

Old July 16th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Sergeant_V
Abel Villesca
1995 D-90 ST

Seriously first class!

Quote:
OK Gentleman,

Old July 16th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
Just when this thread was going down the toilet with name calling and people threatening to beat each other up, you get a guy like Will that stands up and does something commendable. Good job Will, I believe that if you give, you get much more back.
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:15 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
OK Gentleman,

I hope I don't regret doing this, ......!
Outstanding! A true gentleman.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:18 PM
cv4n
Van
None

Great. I live in Germany, am the second owner of a 1987 110 V8 purchased in Switzerland, all OEM parts minus a Fairey PTO winch. I planned to take it back to the U.S. when our assignment ends here in a couple years. Was going to replace the ribbed roof with a flat one and give it a paint job this month. Now I'm wondering if I should leave it looking as original and old...
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:48 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
1994 Defender 90 #916

Will (Willh) is one good man. Someone should set up a donation for his services and fellow 40 members of our small community.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Will: not convinced you should do this pro bono as it's potentially long term.
Crowd funding your time here would be far better use of community effort.
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:57 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

I'm sorry to those of you that have had your vehicles seized. I have no idea what it must feel like, but my heart goes out to you. For those of you that had your vehicles taken and they are truly legitimate imports, I hope you get them back in a fairly timely and uncostly (is that a word?) manner.

I have a question though. What if they came to seize a vehicle and it was in the current condition that mine is in with axles removed and in many pieces? Would they just drag it up a flatbed and throw all the parts in the back and go on their way?

One more thing. Sir William. I already knew this, but you are a very fine man!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	98866  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu