Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:08 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
I have no idea what the reasons for why Aaron has not commented. I don't know him and have never had any contact with him. For this reason I'm not making assumptions about him or his actions. I'm not judging his business, his employees or any goods he may have traded in as I have no first hand knowledge. Perhaps you could consider doing the same?
Agreed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:17 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas_Donkey View Post
This is the post that worries me the most.At one point it could have all been tied to the NY thing. Then this car pops up that is obviously so original that this whole thing starts to lose any sense.
This post is hearsay. Short of an individual coming forth and saying "My truck was seized" any post by some random individual on the internet saying "I had a buddy who got his truck seized" is nothing to get worked up about.

------ Follow up post added July 16th, 2014 09:20 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSchram View Post
But, as this is likely a civil action
I find it unlikely that a Federal agency would go on a multi-state seizure for a civil action. A civil suit where the burden of proof is shifted to a Federal Agency is highly unlikely.

Another of the many worrisome things about all this is that is most likely a criminal case - namely that the affected individuals are not plaintiffs in the suit, therefore renumeration is also unlikely.

The other alternative is this is the vehicular equivalent of the NYC Pinball raids of the 70's where the government went around smashing illegal pinball machines with sledgehammers wherever they were. If that's the case, then this is not a suit, this is just plain federal action.
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Um, how about No.
You seem really fast to be dumping shit on other people. I just happened to log on yesterday so that I could contact the guy that bought some used seats from us. If I had not done that I would have no knowledge of any of this. Sometimes people with busy companies don't log on this site every day.
The thread was only live for half a day and you were already throwing ECR under the bus? Sometimes I don't check this site for months. Now you are tossing other companies under the same bus because they have not logged on and defended themselves for something that they may have no part in?
Are you just into conspiracy or what?

I have no dog in this fight and maybe people did some serious wrong, but the fact that a person/company (and maybe someone who is dealing with some serious crap right now (crap more important than a forum)) hasn't logged on to satisfy your curiosity fast enough does not automatically mean they are guilty.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MA2NDf9LdDE
Check your ego at the door.. You are making ass-umptions.. My reference may well have been this.... With you being one of the biggest dealers/players in the defender community if it was more widespread than Aaron's trucks then they may have visited you.. My comment there may have been that you may have some insight or visits from people who knew what was going on... Don't make me believe everything I have heard about you,,,
Second... It was reported that Aaron was signed on to the board at approx 4 pm yesterday afternoon, if that was the case.. A simple comment that he can't say anything as he has been told not to would have been non-incriminating and at least let people know his reasons for silence... I never said that he had to bear his soul and pour out a complete confession or denial... Saying Something is better than saying nothing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:31 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Um, how about No. You seem really fast to be dumping shit on other people. I just happened to log on yesterday so that I could contact the guy that bought some used seats from us. If I had not done that I would have no knowledge of any of this. Sometimes people with busy companies don't log on this site every day. The thread was only live for half a day and you were already throwing ECR under the bus? Sometimes I don't check this site for months. Now you are tossing other companies under the same bus because they have not logged on and defended themselves for something that they may have no part in? Are you just into conspiracy or what? I have no dog in this fight and maybe people did some serious wrong, but the fact that a person/company (and maybe someone who is dealing with some serious crap right now (crap more important than a forum)) hasn't logged on to satisfy your curiosity fast enough does not automatically mean they are guilty. http://www.youtube.com/embed/MA2NDf9LdDE

I actually agree with this sentiment. Not sure why we are summarily throwing people's company names into this thread. There is only 1 single individual that seems tied to this and even that isn't confirmed by anything other the widely held belief of board members and the community.

I think this is heartbreaking enough without people name dropping shops and individuals who might have had one of these trucks pass through their business. The focus at this point should be the recourse for these poor citizens who have had their property seized by a government agency
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I actually agree with this sentiment. Not sure why we are summarily throwing people's company names into this thread. There is only 1 single individual that seems tied to this and even that isn't confirmed by anything other the widely held belief of board members and the community. I think this is heartbreaking enough without people name dropping shops and individuals who might have had one of these trucks pass through their business. The focus at this point should be the recourse for these poor citizens who have had their property seized by a government agency
I second the ECR posting. Everyone should be real careful about throwing anyone under the bus. These comments never go away, and are never deleted. That type of speculation at someone else's expense (without any facts to substantiate) truly is Internet behavior at its worst. Lastly, this thread has become a total disaster - albeit quite entertaining.
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Radortho
Mehdy rad

any seizures today?
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:40 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Don't make me believe everything I have heard about you,,,
I've never even heard of you, and you are already are making an "impression".

Go ahead and wind-bag it up. I don't appear to be the only one who thinks you are out of line, so I'll take solace in that and get back to work.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:44 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi19 View Post
I second the ECR posting. Everyone should be real careful about throwing anyone under the bus. These comments never go away, and are never deleted. That type of speculation at someone else's expense (without any facts to substantiate) truly is Internet behavior at its worst. Lastly, this thread has become a total disaster - albeit quite entertaining.
X3 - why, again, is ECR even being discussed?
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:48 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post
I don't think they are being discussed but I was commenting on their name and the other shops and individuals names that seem to be popping up in reference to this event. I just don't think it's constructive or respectful given the gravity of the situation at hand
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Man I am ready to pull the trigger on buying an imported one...now I am getting cold feet. I know the vehicle is not associated on anyway to The NC importer as I know the original importer.

What concerns me is the post mentioning the two Swiss trucks seized without any association with the targeted NC importer

BUGGER!!!!!!
Until things cool down I would be wary of buying anything but NAS...
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Gas_Donkey
Julian
D110 Series 3 & Santana 2500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Again as long as the vehicle is legit then it follows US law there should be nothing to worry about. There is far more to this than meets the eye. My car from Spain has been released from Customs with no problem within the time frame of all this happening.

Search Gas Donkey Land Rover on Facebook
Old July 16th, 2014, 08:59 AM
atlcruiser
david
many

No dog in the fight and my message is too short

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old July 16th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post
X4...
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
This is dead on. Interpol is involved as well as UK law enforcement.
Do you have a source for this?
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
x2. There are great and trustworthy importers on this forum but the dark clouds that will likely continue to hover over RoW trucks make it a risk I'd never take again. It'll be a Series or Disco down the road for me
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Warrant page 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	98834  

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Old July 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
For your reading pleasure
Where's page 1?
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:13 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas_Donkey View Post
Again as long as the vehicle is legit then it follows US law there should be nothing to worry about. There is far more to this than meets the eye. My car from Spain has been released from Customs with no problem within the time frame of all this happening.
Prolly cz it's not a Land Rover

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Page 1 site was giving me a hard time posting both pages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	98835  

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Old July 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Why should they be at the border..?? There is just illegal immigrants, drug smugglers, fugitives, rapists and murderers there.. Those dangerous land rovers are more of a concern to the public safety and well being... Besides, those Mexicans and fugitives are bloody hard to catch... Have you seen some of those little suckers run..???
Now you know how to bring a new Land Rover into the US. Import it to Mexico and drive it across the Southern border. The homeland security people are obviously busy elsewhere and congress is too busy bickering to close the border.

On a more serious note, my condolences to those of you who have had your trucks seized. I sincely hope that that after examination they are found to be legal and you will be able to get them back. It sucks that you are a victim twice. Once from the exporter/importer and second from government seizure.

For those who are thinking of hiding vehicles I suggest checking with a lawyer to see if this action creates legal penalties. And there is the question of what happens when you try to renew the vehicle registration?

And lastly, Geezzzz boys why are you fighting and picking on each other??? It is hardly supportive to those who have lost their vehicles. Please tone down the testosterone and some of you should immediately go into the bathroom and wash your mouth out with soap. Such foul language. You boys should be ashamed of yourselves!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu