Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
July 15, 2014.....a day that will live in infamy.
You are so correct ,

if you fly an Old Glory outside your home... look at her.. admire her

if you read about those guys sweating their butts on a warm July in 1776, don't ever forget it

if you read that awesome book written in 1789, please don't forget it

Because all those values, efforts, sacrifices are slowly sliding away from us, and do not blame anyone else but us, because we are doing nothing to stop it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	United_States_Declaration_of_Independence.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	98827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Constitution_of_the_United_States,_page_1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	98828  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:13 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post

You are so correct ,

if you read about those guys sweating their butts on a warm July in 1776, don't ever forget it

Because all those values, efforts, sacrifices are slowly sliding away from us, and do not blame anyone else but us, because we are doing nothing to stop it
Soooo true!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Landie
Harry
1978 88"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Mighty big of you mate. SOD OFF
Right I'm done.

I came on here to help because I saw a problem ok. What a way to talk to someone who came on to help. Fucking jumped up little cunt.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Doug..."guy"? I was assuming that 'Rover110' was just someone's pissed off wife that created an account on here. That's where my money is.
Steve is working very hard @ ostracizing himself.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:15 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Mission. Accomplished.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Rusty009
Mike Miller
Defender 110 '85

All of these negative posts are why I stopped reading this blog a year ago. (sadly, hindsight, if I'd been reading and keeping up, I'd have seen this coming.)

Point is, some of us simply bought trucks we thought were legit. No one was fooling anyone, let alone gambling with the idea of there was wrong doing here and the vehicle would be forfeit as a result.

Simply a fan. Duped.
dolomiti
Scott
1987 One Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
You are so correct ,

Any indication that Land Rover North America was behind this? After all, it was Mercedes Benz North America who got these stupid rules in place. It'd be just another example of a corporation using the government to create an unfair business advantage.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Rover110
Steve
1993 Defender 110 NAS #472

Going to spen the money do your due diligence.
No ignorance, just removing the emotion from it. They should have chased back and not dove in pocketbook first.

Quote:
Actually that's a perfect example of an ignorant post, you have made several. They didn't gamble, they bought trucks that were here and titled in the US from a licensed and bonded dealership because they were risk adverse. The suspected crime was perpetrated by the importer and was totally unknown to these buyers.

You just showed what kind of guy you are.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Rover110

Stop being a DICK and just go away.

No reason to add insult to what people have already lost.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landie View Post
Right I'm done.

I came on here to help because I saw a problem ok. What a way to talk to someone who came on to help. Fucking jumped up little cunt.
Your arrogance is overwhelming. You offered no help and several called you on your arrogance long before I.

I'm one of the largest males of any race you might encounter on this planet and would love to help you with an attitude adjustment.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Rover110
Steve

Posted my opinion and got this as a private message. That seem reasonable?

You are the biggest cunt. Why don't you shut the fuck up, or else we'll have to have a rendezvous and I'll knock your teeth so far down your throat that you'll have to drop your pants to chew your food.

Quote:
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:21 PM
REDrum
Niall Johnson
1970 Series IIA 88 - Sandstone

Registry
I have to chuckle at all the "OMG how could this happen" and "doesn't homeland security have better things to do". No one saw this coming?.....right...

Homeland Security is doing their job, like it or not. They are confiscating vehicles that have not been proven compliant to US safety standards. (albeit they may net in a few that are qualified to be in the US)

I spent a quarter of 1999 trying to scheme how I could bring D130 crew cab into the US from Costa Rica, and came to the conclusion any "work-a-round" to the system was not worth the hassle and legal risk. Over the past 10 years its gotten pretty nuts with all Defenders being smuggled in and the community accepting it. Kind reminds me of all the cocaine use in the early 80s; it was illegal yet everyone was doing it.

Statistically people can get away with crime. But statistics has a way of catching up with you too; particularly when its in the form of a felony.

Caveat Emptor

'99 UZJ 100 - for glamping and grocery getting
'94 FZJ80 - our Costa Rican coffee mule
'96 FZJ80 - 3XL, racked, shaved and dipped in Raptor coat
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - a Costa Rican expat in US on HB-1 visa
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - for Costa Rican surf & jungle exploration
'56 Petrol S1 86 - a whole new kind of land rover hell...
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Landie
Harry
1978 88"

Quote:
Your arrogance is overwhelming. You offered no help and several called you on your arrogance long before I.

I'm one of the largest males of any race you might encounter on this planet and would love to help you with an attitude adjustment.
I don't understand where the hell you got that. My self esteem is rock bottom. I saw this thread and actually wasted my evening compiling a reply to help others get unstuck. I've seen it happen from people all over the globe including here. So I thought id supply you with some info that I know

I did not have to do that. I sat down and actually felt sorry for the people who have got themselves into trouble and thought Id shed some
Light. I'm far from arrogant I'm one of the least confident people I know but always try to offer help and do not appreciate being criticised for it.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Rover110
Steve

Holy crap, you are in trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDrum View Post
I have to chuckle at all the "OMG how could this happen" and "doesn't homeland security have better things to do". No one saw this coming?.....right...

Homeland Security is doing their job, like it or not. They are confiscating vehicles that have not been proven compliant to US safety standards. (albeit they may net in a few that are qualified to be in the US)

I spent a quarter of 1999 trying to scheme how I could bring D130 crew cab into the US from Costa Rica, and came to the conclusion any "work-a-round" to the system was not worth the hassle and legal risk. Over the past 10 years its gotten pretty nuts with all Defenders being smuggled in and the community accepting it. Kind reminds me of all the cocaine use in the early 80s; it was illegal yet everyone was doing it.

Statistically people can get away with crime. But statistics has a way of catching up with you too; particularly when its in the form of a felony.

Caveat Emptor
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Landie
Harry
1978 88"

I have so little confidence in myself at the best of times and came on here to
Simply help others. I'd say you were arrogant myself.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomiti View Post
Any indication that Land Rover North America was behind this? After all, it was Mercedes Benz North America who got these stupid rules in place. It'd be just another example of a corporation using the government to create an unfair business advantage.
I don't know nor I care, can't trust a politician, they are licensed bonded liars on the take ( not all, but those in powerful positions to make a difference ) , but I can tell you with certainty that I have a real hard time when I hear the following paragraph sang

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty009 View Post
All of these negative posts are why I stopped reading this blog a year ago. (sadly, hindsight, if I'd been reading and keeping up, I'd have seen this coming.)

Point is, some of us simply bought trucks we thought were legit. No one was fooling anyone, let alone gambling with the idea of there was wrong doing here and the vehicle would be forfeit as a result.

Simply a fan. Duped.
Mike I feel for you and hope this sorts itself out and you are able to get your truck back, the fellow in Mass was given a form to fill out and file with customs to start the appeal process. In speaking to a couple of the other seizure guys today they were not given that form, get one and file it asap. Customs moves very slowly once they have your vehicle.

Dividing Creek Imports

ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
So... Advice from the group requested.

I have a legally imported 'older than 25 years' -- first US owner. Doug helped me import.

Based on today's events, should I be concerned and take preventative/mitigating measures?

Is this the start of bigger change WRT regulatory enforcement or something tied solely to one dealership?

Old July 15th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Maximal
Max
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDrum View Post

Caveat Emptor
Doing their job would mean stopping them at the port. Letting them pass through, and driven on the road for 2 to 3 years is not doing their job.

I feel like this has hurt more people than it has helped in terms of the general public.
Old July 15th, 2014, 09:27 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landie View Post
I don't understand where the hell you got that. My self esteem is rock bottom. I saw this thread and actually wasted my evening compiling a reply to help others get unstuck. I've seen it happen from people all over the globe including here. So I thought id supply you with some info that I know

I did not have to do that. I sat down and actually felt sorry for the people who have got themselves into trouble and thought Id shed some
Light. I'm far from arrogant I'm one of the least confident people I know but always try to offer help and do not appreciate being criticised for it.
reminds me of the guy yelling

I AM VERY GOOD AT HUMILITY, NOBODY, I MEAN NOBODY IS BETTER AT BEING HUMBLE!
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu