Registry
Good job to Will and Robert Davis
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2015, 07:32 PM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
Glad to hear Kent! Another job well done by Will!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2015, 07:34 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Nice job boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2015, 08:02 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

Huzzah for Will!
Old December 21st, 2015, 04:16 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
THANK YOU! And, you know who you are! This is AWESOME!

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2836641689.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	606.6 KB
ID:	137640  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old July 15th, 2016, 03:43 AM
cjbenway
Chris Benway
1984 LR 90 ( Hedrick Rover )

Registry
Two years ago this morning.
Thanks for stepping up Will!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	153857  
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
https://www.facebook.com/will.hedric...68594736112977

Two years ago today, a group of people were stirred from their beds and homes by teams of armed men clad in Kevlar with badges identifying them to be with the Dept. of Homeland Security. This group of people weren't close, as they were scattered all around the country, from Washington State to Florida. And, while their names all shared the same piece paper in common, a federal seizure warrant, none of them actually knew each other.....and not a single one of them knew me.

Two years ago today, one of the members of this group of people approached me and asked for my help. The word "no" never even crossed my mind. And, not only would I come to help this member of the group, but in the weeks and months ahead, I would come to help them all. Approximately, seven months following this date, I would make the decision to leave my job in state government and designate helping this group of people as my full-time priority. 10-months following today's date, I would see this group of peoples' rights vindicated before a federal magistrate judge, in Wilmington, NC. And, 11-months following this date, I would oversee the return of those precious things which had been wrongfully stripped away from them.

Why did I do all of this for a group of people that, on this date 2-years ago, I did not know? Was it because I was crazy? Answer: Maybe! The jury is still out on that question...... Was it because I was seeking fame or fortune? Answer: No, I never expected to receive any attention in exchange for my help and I didn't charge anyone a dime for my time. So, why did I do it? Answer: Once a Land Rover owner, always a Land Rover owner, and Land Rover owners don't leave fellow owners behind.

During my years of Land Rover ownership, I learned many invaluable lessons....life lessons. I too have been the recipient of other Land Rover owner's generosity in times of need. And, it doesn't matter whether you are here in the US or in the middle of Africa, because the tenets of Land Rover ownership are universally recognized regardless of gender, race, religion, language, creed, or even political belief. While it's true that these vehicles may try one's patience at times, they also have the extraordinary ability of being able to bring people together, an attribute that is becoming increasingly rare in this day and age.

So, should you decide to do something in honor of this day, July 15th, allow me to suggest simply donating your time to help someone else in need. Little did I know I know 2-years ago that one selfless act would lead me to where I am today. But, by the same token, if I had never owned a Land Rover, I likely wouldn't be able to look back and appreciate the significance of this moment in time..... Always remember to look at the big picture and never forget how one act on your own part can effect the lives of so many others around you, including the lives of those who you may never have meet before.

Two years ago today, an event took place. We can choose to remember it for the events of that day or we can choose to remember it for the result of working together to overcome adversities in the face of overwhelming odds. I, for one, choose to do the latter......

Never forget.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7190 copy.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	153868  

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old July 15th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Yorkie
Mark Whitehouse
1989 D90

Registry
Will that is extremely touching. Well done on your selfless act, I will continue to look for opportunities to help others.

Best regards
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu