Homeland Security took my 110 - Page 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:09 AM
Hitch
scott
86/ 110

Just got a call from CBP. Mine will be delivered Monday. Thanks again Will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:03 PM
C391HAT
Zach
86 110

Today was the first time I saw my Land Rover in almost a year. While not returned yet I was at least able to inspect it. Without Will we would not be where we are today. He truly is a hero and I am forever in debt to him. The amount of work he put into this was immense and the speed at which he was able to resolve this is amazing. (Iím beginning to think that he doesnít sleep and just works on this case 24/7)

I'd also like to thank everyone that helped to make this possible, donated to Will, got a shirt, bought a badge, or even just offered words of support. I am grateful to be part of such an amazing community.

Now to figure out how Iím going to fix everything that they broke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Congratulations guys! Hopefully the jackboots didn't do too much damage.
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:15 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by C391HAT View Post

Now to figure out how I’m going to fix everything that they broke.
Wait a minute, they broke stuff?? If that's true, I can't imagine how messed up mine might be after almost two and a half years of confinement.

-Kent
Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:33 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
6.0 LS 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I just confirmed delivery of a seized 90 to the shop later this week...I'll report back what, if any, damage has occurred to the vehicle once it arrives. Hopefully that's not a commonality among these trucks.

As others have echoed, I have to give a massive thank you to Will for his diligence in handling this case. He's exactly what makes being a part of this community such a great experience.

-Ash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

352-572-3236

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Are the feds on the hook for any damage incurred during the time it was in their hands?

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:05 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Or was it held in a third party location?
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:30 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
My congratulations to Officer Tony Perez on the return of his Defender this afternoon!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4025802849.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	690.5 KB
ID:	123469  

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:49 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by C391HAT View Post
Today was the first time I saw my Land Rover in almost a year. While not returned yet I was at least able to inspect it. Without Will we would not be where we are today. He truly is a hero and I am forever in debt to him. The amount of work he put into this was immense and the speed at which he was able to resolve this is amazing. (I’m beginning to think that he doesn’t sleep and just works on this case 24/7)

I'd also like to thank everyone that helped to make this possible, donated to Will, got a shirt, bought a badge, or even just offered words of support. I am grateful to be part of such an amazing community.

Now to figure out how I’m going to fix everything that they broke.
Zach,

No worries sir, it has been an honor and my pleasure!

I don't know how many of you know Zach, but he is the owner that kicked off this whole thread (see post #1). He had his Rover almost completely disassembled as he was in the process of being rebuilding it when it was taken.

I have to say that I've been most impressed with the the way the community came together to support Kent when his 110 was taken. That got me thinking that it would be awesome if we could pull together with the local Land Rover community in Zach's area and pitch in to help get his 110 back on the road! With that said, is there anyone on here that is local to Zach that would like to volunteer to head up this effort? Time, expertise, tools, muscle, parts, etc., it really doesn't matter! There are many different ways in which people can help! Let me know if you're interested and I can put you all in touch!

My thanks to any and all of you volunteers in advance!

--

Quote:
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:50 PM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
My congratulations to Officer Tony Perez on the return of his Defender this afternoon!!
Outstanding! You've got to have some balls to take a Statie's car.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Old June 24th, 2015, 11:00 AM
dcope78
Damon Copeland
1986 Defender 90

I'm guessing that's mine?

------ Follow up post added June 24th, 2015 11:01 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I just confirmed delivery of a seized 90 to the shop later this week...I'll report back what, if any, damage has occurred to the vehicle once it arrives. Hopefully that's not a commonality among these trucks.

As others have echoed, I have to give a massive thank you to Will for his diligence in handling this case. He's exactly what makes being a part of this community such a great experience.

-Ash
I'm guessing that's mine?
Old June 24th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
My Congratulations goes out to Chris & Carolyn Benway on the return of their Land Rover "GRACEE"! Welcome Home!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2841921498.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	663.7 KB
ID:	123613   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1522684270.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	660.4 KB
ID:	123614  

Quote:
Old June 24th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Today, I also personally received custody of the Defender belonging to my client, Mr. Alonzo! Mr. Alonzo's Land Rover will be a guest in my home as he was recently relocated with his job across country to the West Coast. Plans for delivery are currently in development, but right now I'm thinking I may make a cross-country road trip to deliver the ol' girl myself....

Any members interested in meeting up along the way if/when I hit the road headed west?

Nonetheless, my congratulations to Mr. Alonzo on her return!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2510773254.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	123617   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3998890696.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	559.6 KB
ID:	123618  

Quote:
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:47 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
East-west travel doesn't usually include Austin as no coast to coast highways go through. Only I-35 north-south.
But if you did swing by, there are a bunch of us that would like to shake your hand.
Your westerly route would no doubt take you through San Antonio or Dallas/Fort Worth or even more northerly through OKC and Amarillo.
Old June 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
....Plans for delivery are currently in development, but right now I'm thinking I may make a cross-country road trip to deliver the ol' girl myself....

Any members interested in meeting up along the way if/when I hit the road headed west?
How did I miss this?? That's a big YES. I would love to meet with you if you come thru Texas! It's a big state, but I'll drive...
Old June 27th, 2015, 09:37 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Today, I also personally received custody of the Defender belonging to my client, Mr. Alonzo! Mr. Alonzo's Land Rover will be a guest in my home as he was recently relocated with his job across country to the West Coast. Plans for delivery are currently in development, but right now I'm thinking I may make a cross-country road trip to deliver the ol' girl myself....

Nonetheless, my congratulations to Mr. Alonzo on her return!
Lunch/Dinner in Phoenix is on me if you come thru here Will.
Old June 27th, 2015, 10:27 PM
JASEcrest
Jason
'88 Defender 110

Will: Looks like you have a large Texas contingent that would host a Defender gathering if you were to include a route that crosses southern states.

Keep us informed. Other than fuel, most of your meals and lodging would be picked up as you crossed the country. I would be honored to host you through Dallas.

Thank you.
Old June 28th, 2015, 06:16 AM
cjbenway
Chris Benway
1984 LR 90 ( Hedrick Rover )

Registry
Kent, my truck came back to me ok.
No problems except the brakes feel uneven.
Been on the road, Internet not so good.
I'll post more soon.
Old June 28th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Wait a minute, they broke stuff?? If that's true, I can't imagine how messed up mine might be after almost two and a half years of confinement. -Kent
Kent

If your truck remained at the Norfolk facility where it was when I saw it August 2013, those guys treated the trucks like they owned it, starting them every week, etc

Keep the spirit up man 😀

------ Follow up post added June 28th, 2015 08:45 AM ------

I think this incredible act from Will deserves a DC run with all the returned vehicles doing a parade in front of the CBPbuilding

I will provide Will with a suite at my hotel

Thoughts?
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Just had to share this! One of our fellow forum member's spouse is a professor at Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, NC. She had been following our case and asked if I would be interested in sharing my experience with this case with her summer Administrative Law class. How I could I say no!?

So on Friday this past week, I went and gave a two and a half our lecture to a group of aspiring attorneys! It was an awesome moment for me! I never expected to be asked to do something like this, truly another defining moment in my legal career! And, the students really seemed to enjoy it! She's actually already asked to come back and give my presentation again in the fall!

My thanks goes out to our fellow member and his spouse for giving me this opportunity! I had an awesome time!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2095974531.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	614.7 KB
ID:	123814  

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu