Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 16th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
The FOX NEWS interview has been posted to the web! Please see the link below!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4299543677001/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
The FOX NEWS interview has been posted to the web! Please see the link below! http://video.foxnews.com/v/4299543677001/
If that truck's in Greenville SC, I'm going to be on the look out for it next time I'm with the Inlaws.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
OK - So now what? How about we rub it in their noses.....Seizure Rally in DC

Here is a thought - would get a lot of Journalism and news press, I can actually help make sure that happens - lets all drive down Constitution Ave! Like a real display of solidarity - everyone (as many as possible) who owns a Defender would be there, we could have signs on the ones that are seized, saying seized, and the ones not seized say legal! No one would be able to tell the difference - and it would be sensational press for us all.

Just a thought - Seizure Rally in DC

Oh and don't forget a drive by of NHTSA and Customs....tooting horns
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:03 PM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Nice job Jonesy, you just made the watch list!

-Jeff
And the "no fly" list.

Bo

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:40 PM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:

North Carolina woman has Land Rover seized by Federal agents| Latest News Videos | Fox News
Very cool!
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:42 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Really! They've already been made to eat crow. (Not Sheryl Crowe)
We shouldn't make it worse by rubbing the crow's egg in their face. Lest you are ready for some other type of revenge from the government.
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:03 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Yea, if anything, this whole experience has made me want to take my truck and go live off the grid as far away from D.C. as possible.... Oz is pretty nice, isn't it Jonesy?

-Kent
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:29 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Yea, if anything, this whole experience has made me want to take my truck and go live off the grid as far away from D.C. as possible.... Oz is pretty nice, isn't it Jonesy?

-Kent
No place is perfect. Most of the world you either live in corruption, lawlessness, pay a stupid amount of taxes and/or surrender your rights and/or your guns. At least here justice occasionally gets served and you can change things in a court or at the ballot box.
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:31 PM
JenB

1985 Defender 110

A Big Thank You to EVERYONE on Defender Source

Hello to all of you. I want to add my thanks to Will and Christina for the amazing work that they have done for the past 11 months but also I would like to thank all of you on this forum who have supported Will with your fundraising (I love my ROW t-shirt and stickers) and encouragement. I had only really had my 110 for 3 weeks because it spent a lot of time being renovated by Tony Merk at Vintage Restoration prior to the seizure so I am really looking forward to finally being able to enjoy it (once Tony goes through it again). When all of you are ready to take them to Washington, let me know because I will be there! Thanks again Will. You taught me that if there is something that I can do to help someone, I should always try my best to help. We would not have our trucks if it wasn't for you. And.... I have a new friend for life!
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:42 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
OK - So now what? How about we rub it in their noses.....Seizure Rally in DC

Here is a thought - would get a lot of Journalism and news press, I can actually help make sure that happens - lets all drive down Constitution Ave! Like a real display of solidarity - everyone (as many as possible) who owns a Defender would be there, we could have signs on the ones that are seized, saying seized, and the ones not seized say legal! No one would be able to tell the difference - and it would be sensational press for us all.

Just a thought - Seizure Rally in DC

Oh and don't forget a drive by of NHTSA and Customs....tooting horns
I love this idea
Old June 16th, 2015, 02:48 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Yeah. We need to antagonize the hornets nest in DC. Remember. The legislature reserves the right to change the laws as they seem fit.

Next thing you know, they will be coming after anything and everything over 25 years old.

I read in the Hot Rod and Classic Car articles that the government has already tried to implement a law like that. ------ Follow up post added June 16th, 2015 01:51 PM ------ Already have laws like that in Singapore. Only thing is after the cars turn 10 years old, you must surrender then to the government. They in turn sell the cars in Malaysia and make money off of them.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:

-Kent
Did we hear or not? Are you getting your truck back?

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old June 16th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Did the owners have to go and retrieve the vehicles? It doesn't look like they were returned but rather released. I think Danny's was actually delivered.

-Jeff
Jeff,

No, all of the owners were given the option to retrieve their Defenders themselves. Most have opted for the government to return them, thereby letting the government pick up the tab for shipping. The Rovers that were redelivered this past week were only to the owners who didn't want to wait and therefore elected to pick up their Defenders themselves. Per the settlement agreement, the remaining Land Rovers are required to be re-delivered by the government to their respective owners before July 1st.

--

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old June 16th, 2015, 05:36 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
1998 Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
Really! They've already been made to eat crow. (Not Sheryl Crowe)
We shouldn't make it worse by rubbing the crow's egg in their face. Lest you are ready for some other type of revenge from the government.
Quote:
Yeah. We need to antagonize the hornets nest in DC. Remember. The legislature reserves the right to change the laws as they seem fit.

Next thing you know, they will be coming after anything and everything over 25 years old.

I read in the Hot Rod and Classic Car articles that the government has already tried to implement a law like that. ------ Follow up post added June 16th, 2015 01:51 PM ------ Already have laws like that in Singapore. Only thing is after the cars turn 10 years old, you must surrender then to the government. They in turn sell the cars in Malaysia and make money off of them.
No offense, but you're coming across like a major vagina. Living your life in fear of what the government may or may not do is no way to go through life.
Old June 16th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Tarheeld
Bill
1985 110

Great place, great women, great landscape, GREAT BEER, not so great 48% tax rate BUT you can have all the Defender's you want with all the bells & whistles.....

Quote:

-Kent
Old June 16th, 2015, 06:22 PM
xjahx
JAH
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU

Registry
Last I checked, many of us are in the 35-39.6% federal tax brackets plus 7ish % state with zero of the social programs or benefits that the 48% in OZ affords. Conservatively, even the 25-28% brackets plus state get you within 10% or so of "socialized" nations and for what? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheeld View Post
Great place, great women, great landscape, GREAT BEER, not so great 48% tax rate BUT you can have all the Defender's you want with all the bells & whistles.....
Old June 16th, 2015, 06:50 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post

Did we hear or not? Are you getting your truck back?
"Jury" is still out.....
Old June 16th, 2015, 06:55 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
No offense, but you're coming across like a major vagina. Living your life in fear of what the government may or may not do is no way to go through life.
I'm not in fear of the government yet. I guess I'd prefer to be a little more humble than gloating and chest pounding.
If I had a Defender that had been snatched and given back, I would just be grateful. But that's how I am.
Old June 16th, 2015, 07:03 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:

North Carolina woman has Land Rover seized by Federal agents| Latest News Videos | Fox News
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB View Post
Hello to all of you. I want to add my thanks to Will and Christina for the amazing work that they have done for the past 11 months but also I would like to thank all of you on this forum who have supported Will with your fundraising (I love my ROW t-shirt and stickers) and encouragement. I had only really had my 110 for 3 weeks because it spent a lot of time being renovated by Tony Merk at Vintage Restoration prior to the seizure so I am really looking forward to finally being able to enjoy it (once Tony goes through it again). When all of you are ready to take them to Washington, let me know because I will be there! Thanks again Will.You taught me that if there is something that I can do to help someone, I should always try my best to help. We would not have our trucks if it wasn't for you. And.... I have a new friend for life!
Great interview. I am so happy! Compassion and love are still transferable. Thank goodness.. I'm so very proud of you Will. You are a hero. You may not think so but you are. Good job!
Old June 16th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
Quote:
I'm not in fear of the government yet. I guess I'd prefer to be a little more humble than gloating and chest pounding. If I had a Defender that had been snatched and given back, I would just be grateful. But that's how I am.
As someone who had their Rover taken, I concur with the above statement
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ecu