Hilton Head - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 25th, 2003, 07:54 PM
dante18
Dante
None

Hilton Head

Sorry I missed you all @ Paragon (again). I have one of those great jobs that dictate my life. When the phone rings I gotta go. Anyway I am headed down to Hilton Head SC this week. I see some people are from the Carolina's on the board and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on cool stuff to do on the island? Does not necessarily have to do with wheeling just cool places (bars,restaurants,sights,etc). Thanks in advance. Then again if anyone is in the area and knows some good off roading I might be up (if the D survives the 800+ miles, Ha Ha).

Dante
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Hey Dante,

I work for Land Rover Hilton Head, but I live in Savannah, GA. There is plenty of stuff to do on the Island, and there is more stuff to do in Savannah (It's only 45 min. from the Island). What are you looking for? Restaurants? Activities? Drop me an email, I can fill you in, whedrick@landroverhiltonhead.com . If you make it early in the weekend, you also might be able to catch a glimpse of #300/300, the last Defender, ( I just sold it to a customer and it's being shipped out this weekend). Look forward to hearing from you!

Will H.

'97 D-90 #1008
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Hi Will,
I thought it was you guys who had #300, then I saw it on these shady characters' website and wondered what was going on:
SleezyUsedRoverDealers

Looks like they posted the photos from your dealership:

Did you know you were selling to them, or did they give you the sad, hardluck BS story they give to everyone they buy from?

Only 80K? Maybe I need another one
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Hey Art,

That's him. We are currently expanding our Land Rover Centres (Greenville, Asheville, Columbia, and Hilton Head), so the decision was made to move #300/300 (in addition to our Owner's Lotus Elite, 1 of 12 in the US). Mr. Coutta was the highest bidder. Our Highest bid on ebay, when it ran, was $55K. Let's just say that he offered a good bit more than that. To be quite honest, I am sad to see the truck go. It's a beautifull vehicle.

Will H.

'97 D-90 #1008
Old November 25th, 2003, 11:20 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
how much you get for that thing? i remember seeing at the Rover "Centre" in Lfectcher it was a jewel to say the least? where is it going?
Old November 26th, 2003, 12:29 AM
dante18
Dante
None

Will, are you at work tomorrow?
Old November 26th, 2003, 09:59 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey Will - you guys inspected a yellow 95 D90 for me this summer - I used your inspection and negotiated a great deal with the seller and bought that truck. Since then I've been in buying parts from your man Peter up in Columbia.

For everyone else - The LR dealer that Will works for has a lot of good people and they are a great company to do business with.

I notice that landroversforsale now has #300 on their website for almost 80k. Thats so weak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 26th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Dante,

I am working today (Wed.). We are closed Thursday and will be back open Friday and Saturday. Closed Sunday. Give me a buzz. (843) 705-74WD.

Phillip,

Yeah, it is a shame to see it go. At least I have the pleasure of being the sales guide that sold it. I will try and take some pictures to give here to Chris for the website.

Jim,

Absolutely no problem man. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the 90! Pete is a great parts guy and absolutely one of the quickest at getting anything you need. We'll have to get together sometime in the future to do a little off-highway traveling here in South Carolina

Will H.

'97 D-90 #1008

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat