Porsche 356a

95' D90 - daily driver..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2014, 09:44 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I was going to say that but I thought the window looked to high and the nose not slanted enough..
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:19 AM
sloanfiske
Anthony Nelson
97 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Is that an old saab 9-6

Looks like a 356. And the PCA sticker is a give away.

I had one of those old 9-6. It was rad. v4 engine with 4 on the tree.

I also had a 912. The 911 with the leftover 356 4 cyl. I sold that one way too soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Deffa has been ‘licked’? I showed his picture to my son because he’s been asking me to get a buddy for Tiger (aka ninja). Here’s Tiger looking like he needs someone to hang with pool side. I’ve never had a cat that likes water and getting wet. When we got him he was too young to be weened as well, so I had to bottle feed and then spoon feed when it was time for solids. Raising an animal this way makes for a very sweet pet.

I’ve rescued a few animals over the years...birds, horses, cats and dogs but my favorite rescue story is Dude’s. On my way to work one morning and driving I35 S, I spotted a pet carrier up against the center concrete barricade, about an inch from being in the lane itself. I could not continue without seeing if anyone was in it so I exited and did the loop around. As I got close I put my flashers on, slowed and pulled up beside it...I hopped out and quick as I could picked up the carrier and looked inside. Looking back at me was a black and white tuxedo cat. I’ll never forget the look on his face. I must have looked like the cat version of an angel. I searched for his owners for a few weeks, talking to local shelters and vets but no one came forward so we kept him. That was in 2005 and he is still going strong.

Congratulations on the new family member Anthony...and Happy Birthday to your son.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0985.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	103795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0978.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	103796  

Old September 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Deffa has been ‘licked’? I showed his picture to my son because he’s been asking me to get a buddy for Tiger (aka ninja). Here’s Tiger looking like he needs someone to hang with pool side. I’ve never had a cat that likes water and getting wet. When we got him he was too young to be weened as well, so I had to bottle feed and then spoon feed when it was time for solids. Raising an animal this way makes for a very sweet pet. I’ve rescued a few animals over the years...birds, horses, cats and dogs but my favorite rescue story is Dude’s. On my way to work one morning and driving I35 S, I spotted a pet carrier up against the center concrete barricade, about an inch from being in the lane itself. I could not continue without seeing if anyone was in it so I exited and did the loop around. As I got close I put my flashers on, slowed and pulled up beside it...I hopped out and quick as I could picked up the carrier and looked inside. Looking back at me was a black and white tuxedo cat. I’ll never forget the look on his face. I must have looked like the cat version of an angel. I searched for his owners for a few weeks, talking to local shelters and vets but no one came forward so we kept him. That was in 2005 and he is still going strong. Congratulations on the new family member Anthony...and Happy Birthday to your son.
I guarantee you that cat was put on I35 as an act of cruelty.

Some people seem to get their kicks out of releasing animals on the upper deck.
Old September 28th, 2014, 04:21 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I don’t think so Luis. He looked well taken care of...was wearing a collar (no tag) shiny coat, clean teeth and a healthy weight. If he had looked neglected I wouldn’t have bothered looking for his owners. He looked like someone’s pet. The carrier was in good shape other than being crushed on one corner, which I assumed was from the initial impact of hitting the pavement. I figured it was someone who was moving/traveling. They let him out to eat or stretch his legs, put him in the carrier, set him on the bed or hood and forgot him. I also assumed that’s why I couldn’t find his family. He is one lucky cat. Must have burned up a handful of his lives that day. I played with the idea of calling him Freeway…but he looked like a Dude.
Old September 28th, 2014, 05:29 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

The other rescue cat I mentioned was CATanooga.. My wife and I were on a motorcycle vacation (had decided I wanted to try the BMW GS coolaid so I bought one in Omaha Nebraska to fly in and ride back home on) we had done the Great Lakes are and we coming down into Chattanooga doing about 80-90 down a big sweeper and out of the corner of my eye I spot a little critter in the middle of the highway.. So on come the brakes real hard and my wife is yelling what's happening etc and I didn't want to tell her in case it was smooshed..I did a u turn and rode against traffic on the shoulder and pulled up just as I watched a car go right over the top of the cat (between the wheels) with such force that the cat rolled about a meter or so , my wife still couldn't see what was happening.. As I got off the bike the cat had made it to the centre Armco barriers.i ran across traffic and picked up this little grey kitten that was so young his pads were blistered from the hot Tarmac.. We took him into town and with a straw my wife fed him some milk... We took a motel room that night (we were tent camping all the way down) and we gave the cat a wash.. He was the cutest little white/grey furrball and he rode all the way back on the bike in my wife's jacket..and peed on her a couple of times..lol..that cat got the railroad version all the way to Vermont for a VERY happy little girls birthday present..I think he had used up 8 1/2 of his lives that day...
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:24 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
I was driving back home to Louisiana a few years back and and at the Chevron truck stop just east of Beaumont on I-10, someone through a German Shepherd out of a moving pickup. She made her way off the highway and we cornered her at the truck stop and brought her home.

She was obviously abused because she was always scared.

I know mean people are always trying to conjure up new ways to hurt and kill animals.
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

My eldest brother loves German Shepherds. His dog is named Thor. Super smart, sweet and he beat me playing soccer. Humbling experience...
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:51 AM
sloanfiske
Anthony Nelson
97 D90 SW

Registry
Well...it looks like the PURR to New York isn't going to work. Thanks to everyone who reached out. Shayne, it sounds like Robert can give him a super home and will be at expo as well.
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:36 AM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

He's settling in nicely
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1944311599.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	439.9 KB
ID:	104602  

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Awesome
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:21 AM
UnfrozenCaveman
Keith Armstrong
Various

That's great to see
Old October 9th, 2014, 01:07 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Trying to re-establish the dog-cat harmony. Cat-cat has been a bit more integration than just dog-cat was.
Martin's a hunter (our other poly) and when Jacque moves fast he's on it

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:41 AM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

all is well in Cat/Cat/Dog world
(just to follow up) He is now chasing martin (the older poly) around the house
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1263.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	105527  

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:36 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Thanks for that...is that deefa..??... He looks so big..!!
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Yep he's licking Hurley, Martin our other poly is the one on top of the couch cushion.

95' D90 - daily driver..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac