Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 9th, 2016, 03:10 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
Help with Italian D110 History

Hi there. I am trying to find out some more detailed history on the truck I recently purchased in the UK. You can see photos and details in my profile. I know it came from Sardinia Italy but that is about all I know. At least one member mentioned that they have seen this truck before when it was for sale. Any tips on researching Italian registered autos? Anything like a MOT? Any known history on this specific truck? Thanks!

VIN – Salldhmf8ha904718

1991 LHD D110 with a 200tdi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisblo View Post
Hi there. I am trying to find out some more detailed history on the truck I recently purchased in the UK. You can see photos and details in my profile. I know it came from Sardinia Italy but that is about all I know. At least one member mentioned that they have seen this truck before when it was for sale. Any tips on researching Italian registered autos? Anything like a MOT? Any known history on this specific truck? Thanks!

VIN – Salldhmf8ha904718

Italian Plate No: CA686195
VIN: SALLDHMF8HA904718
Registered Territory: Cagliari
Registration type: Mixed Auto Transport
Model: Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon
Date of First Registration 12/5/91

Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old June 9th, 2016, 03:58 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:

VIN – Salldhmf8ha904718

My truck is from Italy too. Apparently their record keeping is shoddy at best. Best bet would be to maybe track down the PO and ask questions. Have you called the British Motor Heritage museum yet? They have some details on the trucks, but probably nothing since the point of first sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2016, 05:20 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Italian Plate No: CA686195
VIN: SALLDHMF8HA904718
Registered Territory: Cagliari
Registration type: Mixed Auto Transport
Model: Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon
Date of First Registration 12/5/91

Hope this helps.

Thanks! yes, definitely helpful. May I ask what your resource was? Anyone else see the truck when it was for sale?
Old June 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
What would you need to know?
With the original reg plate, you can find out if there's only one previous owner, or two, three, "MoT" inspections (revisioni) and maybe a few things more.

The VIN gives all the info as per any other standard LR.

Quote:

VIN – Salldhmf8ha904718

+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old June 10th, 2016, 01:49 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube II View Post
What would you need to know? With the original reg plate, you can find out if there's only one previous owner, or two, three, "MoT" inspections (revisioni) and maybe a few things more. The VIN gives all the info as per any other standard LR.
MoT style inspection reports is really what I'm after. I was able to get a report showing first date of registration and date of sale (only one previous owner). But it doesn't give any history of repairs, maintenance, etc similar to what a MOT report does. Perhaps this is just not available in Italy.
Old June 14th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
The mandatory inspections (MoT style) are registered/printed on the Italian logbook,
on the backside there are either stickers or stamped dates/results.
I guess you didn't get any scan of the original logbook, although it would be possible to get the whole story of the truck via MTC (Motorizzazione Civile, "MoT", call it as you want).

History of repairs and maintenance was used to be registered if done through an official LR dealer/workshop, which rarely happens, so it's usually courtesy of the PO to share a list of repairs/bills to prove what has been done and what not...

At least, it's what I do for mine, keeping a file with all services and a big book of bills/invoices...

Quote:
MoT style inspection reports is really what I'm after. (...)But it doesn't give any history of repairs, maintenance, etc similar to what a MOT report does. Perhaps this is just not available in Italy.
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old June 14th, 2016, 03:29 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube II View Post
The mandatory inspections (MoT style) are registered/printed on the Italian logbook,
on the backside there are either stickers or stamped dates/results.
I guess you didn't get any scan of the original logbook, although it would be possible to get the whole story of the truck via MTC (Motorizzazione Civile, "MoT", call it as you want).

History of repairs and maintenance was used to be registered if done through an official LR dealer/workshop, which rarely happens, so it's usually courtesy of the PO to share a list of repairs/bills to prove what has been done and what not...

At least, it's what I do for mine, keeping a file with all services and a big book of bills/invoices...
Great feedback. Thank you. I have been on a bit of a goose chase through the Italian Government (who has been surprisingly responsive via email). Using just email addresses (since i don't know the technical names of each department) I emailed

- visurenet@aci.it who then referred me to
- URPROMA@ACI.IT who then referred me to
- urp@mit.gov.it who then referred me to
- motorca@tiscali.it - waiting to hear from them

Google Translate is an amazing tool
Old June 17th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
I guess you had your little taste of Italian burocracy...

"Visura" is the check for previous owners and reg plates mainly, it shows the history of the vehicle since it was first registered in Italy, and also the technical data (engine cc, hp, etc).

Quote:
- [email]........................ who then referred me to
- [email]............who then referred me to
- [email]............ who then referred me to
etc
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old June 17th, 2016, 02:43 PM
roverguy2
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"

Registry
I don't want to hijack your search but I just bought by D110 from Bill at Valencia and was trying to figure out how to get the same information from Spain. So I'm kinda hijacking your thread
Based on posted pictures from Spain mine had the following plate number "M 0198 MD" VIN SALLDHAF8HA902572. Anyone know of resources for Spain to get what Kurt is looking for mine?

Thanks for starting this discussion Kurt it's been informational for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat