Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Help please, Land Rover Greenville

Okay so Ive moved to Greenville SC and naturally the rover starts being a bitch. some wierd noise sqeeking at low speeds thats getting worse. Anyways LRGreenville seems to be the only place close by I can get it to. Have any of you folks ever delt with these folks I know they sell a number of Defenders so I imagine they are knowledgeable. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2007, 06:33 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

um, where is the noise coming from? help out a little bit. Have someone drive it and listen next to them or something. If I could get a general idea of your problem, myself or the others here who maintain their own vehichles may be able to help you fix it without the cost of the dealer.
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:33 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
see tech section i poseted there as well.
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Thumbs up

sorry, I posted in the tech section but I missed the point of your question. Not familiar with the dealership as I don't live there and have an allergy to all that will charge me to work on my car. If that doesn't work out for you, please let me or the others here with far more experience in rover repair (I'm a newbie with general automotive experience) help you fix it yourself. good luck. we are the lucky ones with the cool rides
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thats one of Doc Frasers dealerships, and for the most part, they are some of the better LR dealers. Obviously there are some bozo's in the organization, but the good dudes Hedrick, and I think Tillery used to work there so they can probably provide specific points of contact. By and large, the Defender customers are treated very well and the mechs seem to be pretty much on the ball.
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Thats one of Doc Frasers dealerships, and for the most part, they are some of the better LR dealers. Obviously there are some bozo's in the organization, but the good dudes Hedrick, and I think Tillery used to work there so they can probably provide specific points of contact. By and large, the Defender customers are treated very well and the mechs seem to be pretty much on the ball.
Jim,

What's up man? How's things out west? I moved back to NC last January, so unfortunately I'm not with Land Rover Carolinas Group anymore. They've asked me to come back a few times, but I'm pretty happy here in Raleigh, and so is my family. Overall it's a good organization. Dr. Frasher is definetely more enthusiast minded than the majority of LR Dealer Principals. He's also a Defender nut, by far our biggest dealer advocate for bringing the Defender back. (I still can't believe he let me sell #300, aka THE LAST DEFENDER IN THE US).

Hey Philip,

I'm not sure what tech is working on Defenders in G'ville now. Do this, call and ask for Greg Babetz, he is the Centre Manager. Tell him that you are friend of mine and ask him who you need to talk to down in Service. He'll point you in the right direction. When you go in, be sure to go upstairs and tell the folks I said "Hi" . They'll take care of you. Call me if you have any problems.

Will Hedrick
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:47 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey Will - Almost done out here in CA, I'll be in GA until June and starting in July I'll be in Russia for a year. I want to buy an 83 or 84 to trash in RU then bring back and restore.

I wish you could see #2004, which you inspected for me down in Hilton Head. She's a little different now...
Old February 19th, 2007, 10:02 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

I have talked to Doc a few times and he seems to run a really good organization. I had some bull shit happen at another one of their dealerships and he fixed everything right up for me. I think his staff is very knowledgeable but of course there are the typical bozos as well.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat