Help! 110 Rear End Swaying. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 26th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Steve,

I'm calling Keith tomorrow and I'll find out the spring #'s. I'm going to bitch and moan about those N46 shocks and I'll see what he says. Usually he plays hard ball when I say he's wrong but this time I'm gonna press on him. How do I fix the binding on those bushings? Do I just tighten them more?

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Steve,

I'm calling Keith tomorrow and I'll find out the spring #'s. I'm going to bitch and moan about those N46 shocks and I'll see what he says. Usually he plays hard ball when I say he's wrong but this time I'm gonna press on him. How do I fix the binding on those bushings? Do I just tighten them more?

Neil
Neil, you need to get offset arms, tightening will only destroy the bushings. Here's a pic of my offset trailing arms on my Disco (just to give you an idea). Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailing arm (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6878  
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC
Neil, you need to get offset arms, tightening will only destroy the bushings. Here's a pic of my offset trailing arms on my Disco (just to give you an idea). Hope this helps.
Those are nice. BP sure as hell dosn't sell scorpion racing stuff. Where can I order that? From their website or is there a better distributor down here? I called Bp this morning, they said it was "I" who ordered those shocks (yeah right). I didn't even know what I was buying, I just said I need new springs / shocks. Anyway I ordered N44's, they are out of stock right now but they'll send it to me when they come in. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try the shocks first, if that don't work, than I'll try those kick ass trailing arms.

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Those are nice. BP sure as hell dosn't sell scorpion racing stuff. Where can I order that? From their website or is there a better distributor down here? I called Bp this morning, they said it was "I" who ordered those shocks (yeah right). I didn't even know what I was buying, I just said I need new springs / shocks. Anyway I ordered N44's, they are out of stock right now but they'll send it to me when they come in. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try the shocks first, if that don't work, than I'll try those kick ass trailing arms.
Neil
Neil, I have them in stock if you need a set.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I just wanted to finish this thread, and report back that N44's solved the sway problem. No more sway, even if I tried to make it sway, amazing. I didn't even change the trailing arm bushings. Thanks you were right Steve! Thats why this board rocks.

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, rear end