heading to colorado - any reccomendations? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Huey
Huey Murray

heading to colorado - any reccomendations?

Hi, some of you might remember me, I posted about 2 months ago saying I was bringing my 110 over from the UK to have a look see around the USA etc .. .well, we've been here 6 odd weeks now and are having a great time! currently in Kansas, heading to Colorado. I see on th eSolihull Society site that there is a rally at the start of Sept. It would be nice to meet up with some other landy owners (I have only seen one 90 on the road and that was in Maine! - tried to give chase but the 110 wasn't up to it!).
Is there an informal meet up alongside the rally? any others in the region coming up? any tips on where to visit in Colorado? and - any mechanics anyone would particularly reccomnend for a few odd jobs?
many thanks!

Huey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:57 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Huey, you need to post more so we know where you are! I'm not in Colorado but in NH, and I may know the guy with the 90 you saw on the highway in Maine. If I knew you were around we could have done some wheeling or at least head out to a bar with some of the other local Rover owners, I know 2 guys who are originally from England who live over here now so you wouldn't be the only one drinking Guinness.

As far as the National Rally, I say go for it, the problem you may find now is most of the shops are busy getting Rovers ready for the Rally but after the rally you should be all set. I think Art V had a # for a good Rover Mechanic in Colorado.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Huey, try Jeff at 303-918-3876. He did a lot work on all sorts of LR’s and I have yet to hear someone had a problem with him.

I honestly will NEVER go to that guy "Dave European". This guy failed to call me back for some work that I wanted done, he also did a few jobs that were never done right. If you don't mind leaving your truck there for a long time and don't mind paying to much money then he is your guy.

Try to make the rallye, you'd like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
tbmcneill

Huey-
Welcome to the US. Give Ron Pedersen a call at Autoteknica in Nederland, CO. Its up in the mountains just outside of Boulder (which is NW of Denver). Good guy and fair prices. His number is 303-258-0500.

He's right off the Peak-to-Peak highway, so you could at least get a pretty drive in while you're up there.
Troy
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:32 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Huey, try Jeff at 303-918-3876. He did a lot work on all sorts of LRs and I have yet to hear someone had a problem with him.

I honestly will NEVER go to that guy "Dave European". This guy failed to call me back for some work that I wanted done, he also did a few jobs that were never done right. If you don't mind leaving your truck there for a long time and don't mind paying to much money then he is your guy.
I'll second what Yousef said about Jeff, which is why I'll be a customer of his very soon.

As for Dave's European:
I'm sorry to hear of your experience Yousef. What kind of jobs were not done right?
I've only had excellent service from that shop for the past five years that I've been using it. It's not much cheaper than using the dealerships, but the owner is honest and stands behind all his shops work. I've had Dave's work on all three Rovers I've owned and never felt that I was taken advantage of or didn't get what I paid for. Usually just the opposite.
I cannot say the same of my 4 year experience with the local Land Rover dealer.
My $.02
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old September 3rd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Huey
Huey Murray

thanks for your advice guys. my internet access is very limited so didn't actually get a chance to read your replys before getting to colorado Springs. I now have a recomendation for you though - John at Pikes Peak Rovers is a top guy, spent a couple of hours going over the 110 with me and didn't charge me a penny!
Been in Colorado a week now, some great drives up into the mountains and some cold nights camping at nearly 10,000 feet. Heading north tomorrow. Maybe see some of you on the road . . . .if you see a green right hand drive Hardtop 110 trundle by (or crawl if its uphill) then give me a wave.

cheers

Huey

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado