Head turning D90 stories. - Page 8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

My buddy was looking at my pics of my Defender 90 on my webshots and his girlfriend came up and was talking about how much she loved D90's. Shes about the first girl that i have come across that knows what they are. All the girls around campus (and most of the guys) think its a big jeep.....

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2005, 05:53 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

A guy here on campus came up to me and said is that your Land Rover Jeep today....I didn't even begin to try to explain to him about it.....

Old April 13th, 2005, 06:51 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCURoverD90
A guy here on campus came up to me and said is that your Land Rover Jeep today....I didn't even begin to try to explain to him about it.....
Good for you buddy! Its nice to see people like you snubbing others so that you can pack your 500-lbs of pride into a 5-lb bag! Don't be such an elitist. Youíre in college for Christís sake! If anything you should be grateful your daddy bought you a D90!

If you're going to tell a storie about you're D90 make it interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Well this is the stories section and that was a story....As for my dad buying it...Yeah he paid for the whole thing....As for "snubbing" thats hardly the case since i have to explain to people what it is probably 4 or 5 times a day. As for you reading the story. No one forced you to read it........

Old April 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Hell, atleast he knew it was made by Land Rover. Most people don't even know that. My favorite thing when I had my 97 LE, was to pull up to Bojangles drivethru, and hear all the guys in the back saying "oh shit yo, oh shit, hummer yo, hummer". I then had to explain to them it wasn't a hummer, it was a land rover defender. From then on, everyone of those guys remembered Land Rover Defender.

Chris
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
My neighbor asked me just this weekend if my trucks are the Japanese made "Land Rovers" or the british made "Range Rovers". He said he doesn't understand why Toyota stopped making the "Land Rovers" as they were/are cool trucks. And Range Rovers are just for snobs...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:48 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cox
My favorite thing when I had my 97 LE, was to pull up to Bojangles drivethru, and hear all the guys in the back saying "oh shit yo, oh shit, hummer yo, hummer". I then had to explain to them it wasn't a hummer, it was a land rover defender. From then on, everyone of those guys remembered Land Rover Defender.

Chris

Thats awesome....

Old April 14th, 2005, 11:16 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

I have a staff member that always asks "how's that Hummer of yours running" . Grrrrrr that gets me every time.
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

The guys at work call it a Jeep just to try to get a rise out of me. One of them calls me a 4x4 snob because I drive a rover. One day he and I are out in town driving back from a meeting and get caught by the train as it comes through town. He wants to get back to the office ASAP and starts making comments as such. I look at him, tell him to check his seatbelt, and proceed to drive over one curb, up an embankment to a parking lot (decent incline I must say, I thought I might scrape at the top), over about 5 parking block railroad tie things, and back out to the road around the train.

He looks at me when we get back and says, "Okay, so that things pretty cool." Haven't heard anything negative out of him since.
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Cool Jesse, thats why my non wheeling friends call my 90 curb hopper, for all the little short cuts I take around town that are only open to ME!

We were in one parking lot and there is a 60* 4 foot bank going into the next lot, traffic was backed up on the street, so I start over toward it like I am going to go up it (I wasn't going to as there are allot of cops in the area, was just fooling around). Well there were a bunch of kids ridding their bikes down the little hill and they laughed at me and said that I would never make it up it, a few seconds later they were all owing and awing over the 90 asking what it was and how did I do that.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Me and a buddy were driving into town this morning and a NC State Trooper turned around and followed me for a few miles. I get to the outskirts of town and he pulls me over. I took out my license and he came up and said i hope I didn't scare the shit out of you but i had to stop you and check out your D90. Turns out he has a D90 like mine. He sat and talked to me for a while and then went on about his business.

Old April 24th, 2005, 04:47 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
fucker, I would be pisssed. What D-90 does he have?
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:39 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Phil, hes got that white soft top in town that everyone thought was me a few weeks ago.

Why pissed? Its nice to know people who can help you out legally....lol

Old May 27th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I had a kid come up to me at a gas station and say my jeep was cool. He asked me how fast it was? He looked inside at the speedo and said wow it will go 120mph. I laugh and told him it goes about 150-160mph.
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:57 PM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
You mean yours doesnt do 120mph - better get Bellagio to look at it.....
Old June 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Discovery
Matt Milbrandt
1995 Discovery

My favorite red neck comment came when some guy in Kentucky on a quad called me a "high class fag." Almost as good was yesterday when I was in my friends D90 at the grocery store and an old couple was walking in, straining to look at the 90, as I was walking out. The women said, "What is it?" Her husband said, "I don't know, but it is the ugliest car I have ever seen."

Some dude in a stock Wrangler saw my Discovery with a "Friends of the Rubicon" sticker on the window. He asked me if I had really done the Rubicon. I said yes, and he asked me if I had trailered it myself or if I had it hauled out. I told him I drove it out and he said, "Wow, you drove a car that old across country?" I, not thinking a car from 1995 is that old, asked him hold old he thought it was. He responded, "I don't know... '75...'80." I knew it looked dated with steel wheels, but damn.

Matt
Old June 5th, 2005, 02:21 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Picking up a keg yesterday (Use number 1002 of a Defender 90) to head camping and the guy from the store says "Oh man that's awesome (I'd just been wheelin' and it still had a ton of mud on it)!"
I'd told him yeah it's fun to take it out and play. He says, "That a CJ?" Me, "No, it's a Land Rover." Him, "Oh, a Toyota, even better."

My buddy and I looked at him, nodded, grabbed the keg, said thanks and laughed our way out. The irony is my buddy has an FJ-40 in his driveway, we just took mine instead.
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:25 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

i was in auto zone yesterday asking for a wheel bearing
Make
land rover
is that toyota land rover
no just land rover
who makes that
land rover
are you sure it's not toyota
no it's land rover
up it pops on the computer
oh land rover do make it
Old June 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
haha, i had a similar experience in advanced auto the other day.

I am currently working at a summer camp in the NC mountains. Yesterday two staff members and I were working on a Series III 109 that the camp owns when a bunch of other camp staff came running over to us. It turns out that they saw smoke (the exhaust from the rover) coming over the hill and thought there was a forest fire. We had a good laugh...
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Mike where are you in the mountains this summer....Ill be around Boone with the D90 some and around WCU the other part of the time....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90