Head turning D90 stories. - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 28th, 2004, 11:10 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Phil,
This was a professor that pointed out a new greyish silver one...Don't know if it was his after the way he was talking about rovers....

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2004, 12:09 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Well mike, at least you will always have the memories of that night pulling out the jeep...lol

Old December 30th, 2004, 09:05 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
hmm.. is it the westminister with the homo tri spoked wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2004, 08:53 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Phil,
I don't think it was a westminster.....I don't know, i really don't think it was his anyways.....lol

Old January 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM
yellowrover
Mike Holland
'97 AA Yellow D-90 ST

silly mcdonalds people

I was going through the drive-thru at Mcdonalds today and when i pulled up to the window i had to slide my window open. After doing that the girl working there goes "Wow, i've never seen a jeep with real windows." I knew there wasn't even a point to tell her it wasn't a jeep b/c one, she was ugly, and two, if you think d-90 windows are more "real" then jeep windows, then what the hell is your idea of a window? i guess thats why she was working at Mcdonalds
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:05 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Lmao
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Thats funny as hell

Old January 20th, 2005, 06:04 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

I was out wheeling at our property on the st. mary's river on the florida georgia border. Got her covered in mud on the way home some guys coming out of a muddin' competition gave me a honk and a thumbs up. I was honered because they were driving jacked up versions of three of my other favorite vehicles an international scout, a cj7, and a 70's bronco
Old January 20th, 2005, 06:36 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Thats awesome...its always good to get respect from the jeepers....i too like the scouts and the older broncos

Old January 20th, 2005, 10:07 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I just get the deer in headlights look when people see the D.
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:20 PM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Here are my ego-boosters:

In my topless, RHD '66 Series on the 101 freeway, doing 50MPH on the slow lane. I heard honks coming from behind, I looked there was guy in a Ford Ranger slowing from 80 down to 50 on the fast lane. As he reaches me, he starts waving and giving me the thumbs up. My wife thought he was just crazy when I told her.

In my '94 Disco at a local Ralphs, another Disco I pulls up and parks in front of me. They start looking at my truck as I'm putting the groceries away. His wife asked, "Is this the bigger version of the Discovery?" His immediate response was, "No, it's just lifted and has much taller tires." They were nice, wanted to doing mods on theirs.

In my ST '94 Defender on the very busy 405 fwy, a lady in a Disco II drove around me from either side, from behind for about all of 5-10 minutes. I felt like I was driving a UFO. Another nice looking blond at an Al n Ed's commented what a cool truck I had, I was with my kids so I could't say anything but "Thanks!"

I my gas guzzling, ego tripping trucks

javier
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:51 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
I just get the deer in headlights look when people see the D.
Or maybe they've never seen such an ugly little-pre-pubscent-geologist?
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

This is a good story, and happened last weekend. I was on a 4+ trail having a blast as second vehicle. Well, the trail leader in front of me blew out his d44 u-joint and a couple shafts. He asked me if I could get around and pull him out of the rocks. The only way was up a boulder over 3 feet and then a funky off pitch portion that put me on a thin ledge that threw the rear end all funky. I look at it, say, "I got this, but I am going to roll over on top of your Jeep." The guy thinks I am joking and also says there is no way to get over the ledge, but if I am willing to try, he doesn't care. Well, I get over the rock and jam on it and make it up to the top of the ledge, of course. I proceed about 4 feet and a rock on the front right of the car lifts up the front end and the rear tires slide over and BAMMM, I am on my side laying on top of the Jeep! My wife has a camera, but she is so frieked out, she never snapped a pic!! The guy starts frieking out pretty good, but I just sat there because I thought it was too damn cool to rush it. About now a random panty hit my front windshield, it was pink. Well, the guy called over 6 guys and with all of them pushing, I got off the truck and down in front. Needless to say, the jeeps hardtop was fuuuked. To be fair, my rollcage did have a scuff in the paint

It was a totally fun trip. In total, I layed it on its side 1.5 times, tore up both rear fenders, tore up the front right fender, and gave my skid plate some serious love. But, no drivetrain brake! Thank you beef!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Now DJ,
Don't bash Phil b/c hes a young geologist.......

hell i don't even know what im taling about...its 5 in the morning and i have been drinking for like 9 hours straight...lol..................Gotta love= the college life......it will end soon enough...

Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
haha I have a keg suckers.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Talking

I was out in the snow in charlotte the other day and i pulled up to the stoplight. Had 2 of the hellas on to bring more attention...hehehe....a guy in a brand new rubicon was pointing to my D90 showing it to his wife. He was looking as hard as he could and i could see him turning around in his seat after we passed each other at the stoplight.

Something made me turn my head in the snow....This dumbass in Charlotte was in his expedition and he was driving beside me on a snow covered road. I just happened to glace over and he was reading a book while driving in the snow and ice and trying to drink something....I def. turned my head on that one...Maybe that should go under a new section-something like "dumbasses on the road who will damn near kill you if you don't watch out"

Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:02 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I'm afraid that would overload the server.

I met this chick with a Rubicon in my parking lot and I asked if she ever took her truck out (A little joke I like to do with Jeep owners - But sometimes you find a good wheelin' partner). She said, "No, it's just my city truck, my boyfriend and I take his H1 out when we want to go wheeling." My response, "Cool, here's our number (My fiance` is right there too) let us know when you take that out if you want company." Her response, "It's a slant back H1." Me, "Great." Her, "An H1, not an H2." Me, "Great, glad to hear you take it out. Hopefully I'll see you on the trail." Her, "Oh, well yeah, if you can make it." Her friend next to her (My neighbor), "Ummm, that Defender is his." Her, "Oh."
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

LOL Jesse! If they only new.

And Jason, We could start a dumb driver thread! I almost ran into one and rolled the truck this morning trying to avoid hitting one!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Thumbs up

Yeah i think if we had a dumb driver section they would require serious IT upgrades....

Old February 11th, 2005, 11:02 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

I have a south african friend that moved hear to the states a couple years ago b/c of the instability down thheir. He told me they took safari's off road all the time to avoid landmines on some of the main roads. They always drove in large convoys for safety in which their were jeeps, fj40's, fj60's, jeeps, raiders, troopers and pajeros but he said at one time or another they would all break down or get stuck all except for one. You guessed it a Defender a d-110 to be exact. He said it was the one every one relied on to pull them out. Never broke, got stuck or broke down. He said he would never be caught on safari in anything else. This story was really true, no exagerations, no lies. Why doesn't land rover get ahold of stories like this? Made me feel good about owning a landy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90