what a dumb ass....

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2004, 10:01 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

I've got know comments except for my friends and the occasional glance in traffic but nothin special guess i have to give it more time but my friends were very impressed especially since i have been educating them about defenders for the past 5 years!
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

LOL how did I miss that one Glenn! You have to love the guys who think they know what they are talking about, I love it when I am told, NO man thats a Land Cruiser it's made by Jeep! And I am like no it is a Land ROVER made by LAND ROVER! I think I know about the car I drive. And they say no its a Jeep or whatever! WHY! Some people! I really don't mind explaining it, but when they argue with me is when I can't understand them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2004, 07:47 PM
scubadanster
daniel park
1997 defender 90

someone today thought it was a NEW hummer-h3. omg. lol.

i just smiled....told him it was a jeep.

-dan
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:50 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
bad call man.
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:26 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

I thought it was funny....I took the rover back to school for the last few weeks and a guy that went to high school with me that graduated a few years before me has a wrangler with about 4 or 5 inches and 35's...The funny thing is i parked beside it the other day and it took all that lift and tires to sit just a tad bit higher than my D90.......

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Got a buddy with a set up TJ, we've had the measuring tape out in the parking lot before to measure who had more clearance at the diffs. He had 3 inches of suspension, still got 'em.
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Damn Right...I love hearing how much better a Land Rover is than a jeep.....

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:38 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

can have 10in of suspension diffs stay the same
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
you need the big mud grips or you could grind away some of the housing

http://www.d-90.com/forum/attachment...achmentid=1418
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:43 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
I got a call this week from some friends of mine from the lacrosse team a few years ago in high school. They had one of their new Jeep Rubicons stuck and couldn't get it out with the other YJ there. They buried the Rubicon and now I have a few pictures of the Jeep Eater pulling out a fully locked rubicon. A few of the local good 'ol boys came out to watch as they hadn't seen a defender before.....it was a good ego trip the rover and myself.
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:26 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

post pics?
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:28 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Thumbs up

Mike,
I saw that in your profile...If you remember we have spoke before on AIM..my screename is JasonH88...Hit me up with some pics of that awesome adventure...my boss is a huge jeep guy, im sure he would love them....

Old December 13th, 2004, 08:18 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

This isn't a defender story but it is about a ramgie. When my dad first got his rr back in 97 they were doing some serious construction on our street, tore it to bits. There was a huge rain shower and the road became thick mud. A cement mixer truck got stuck pretty deep so they sent for a big rig tow truck, you know the ones with six wheels and a semi can anyway, he got stuck too, about up to his axles. My dad and I went out to see what all the noise was at 11 at night and the big rig semi guy was about to call up his boss to send another truck. My dad asked him if he minded if we took a shot at pulling him out. He said sure in a sort of mocking way. My dad pulled up his range rover and the guy who was probably was expecting a huge f-350 dualie looked dissapointed. All three of us wedged some bricks we had in our back yard under his wheels, hooked up the tow strap and sure enough out he came. He then proceeded to tow out the cement mixer. He thanked us over and over going on about how much grief from his boss we had saved him from and that he should pay us. My fad smiled and said no problem and we went home. The next day we pulled out almost every car on the block out of there driveways. the range rover was the only machine on the street that had enough traction in the mud.
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Porsche

A guy in a 1994 911 asked me If I wanted to trade straight up. VERY Tempting but no thanks.
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:57 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I pulled into the Porsche place here and this lady came running out of the showroom before I even parked. She was asking all types of questions and wanted to look inside.
We were halfway inside the showroom before I figured out she was a sales lady. I then thought she was buttering me up before a sale, but she passed us to another guy as she went back to a couple she was dealing with when we pulled in.
By the end of it I found out she had been looking for one for a while but couldn't find what she wanted. I pointed her here since everyone seems to be selling their trucks.
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:44 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

I have another interesting story from a professor at school...
I am parking to go to work on campus and as im sitting there locking my console and so forth i notice this guy walking around my D90 and checking it out...Well i get out of the car and start walking to the office. (its not that uncommon at WCU for people to start walking around it and what not)...As i start to walk away the guy calls me back and starts asking me questions. He tells me he has the new disco thats a few spots down. Just the normal questions what size tires are those, how much lift do you have and all the normal questions.Then he took the cake-He asked me why the D90's cost so much when all it really is, is just a really big jeep. He then started to kind of put it down with jeep comments and everything and then i went on about my business...I dont' really even think that was his Disco he was pointing me out to....Probably just another jealous Jeep owner...

Old December 27th, 2004, 01:47 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
That's pretty funny jason. I can't recall a time where anyone was that negative about the rover. You need to come down to UNC sometime. I have run into a couple of professors who are into series rovers. I remember seeing one professor last winter when we were both wheeling in the snow. He was out in his series without a top in the snow. It was great to be in Chapel Hill and talk rover with someone.

BTW, I do remember your sn, and the pictures from my story (above) didn't really turn out. The guy with the camera was one of the kids with a Jeep. He got plenty of pics of the stuck jeep in the daylight, but he didn't have enough battery left to take pictures of the rover pulling out the jeep in the dark.
Old December 27th, 2004, 05:29 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
WHich disco was it? WHat color? I know a Jeeper at school that has a disco I think its epsom green with tinted windows, its an older model
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I passed a prof. on the interstate one day with the top off and the next time I saw him his response was, "Dude, your truck is awesome. What is it?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90