Name:	Picture_0697.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	103335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_0695.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	103336  

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old September 21st, 2014, 09:55 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Oh my goodness! I remember that.. the great blizzard of 04. Thanks! Great pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange

Usually pretty Accurate..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranewman View Post
Either way it goes, I want to be able to play with my 3 pt snow blower more this year.
It probably would not hurt to pick up a new snow shovel in the next month or so. The old plastic shovel has seen better days. I've been promising myself a snow blower when I reach 70, but for now shoveling snow is an important part of my winter exercise programme.

Right now the veggie garden is going great guns and I have recently planted chrysanthemums for late summer & early fall colour. But I do have a deciduous plant in the coldest North facing corner of the house that is in its fall colours and starting to shed leaves.

I figure it will be at least 3 or 4 weeks before I consider shutting the bedroom window for the night and wearing long pants. Actually right now is one of the best times to be in Flagstaff with highs in the low 70's and lows in the low 50's.

I'd just as soon see snow about a month late (I don't ski) then just enough to keep the water table up and the lakes up. But snow is a requirement for the local winter tourist traffic.

Let it snow, but for my back try and keep the depth below 2 feet. And wait another month so I can enjoy my flowering chrysanthemums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old September 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

come now

O shayne don't embelish it can get friking cold down there when the orange grove sirens or strawberry fields need to be warmed up....
Now san diego, there you might half to put on some long sleeves.

Wait since your in FL. you've already made all of your jeans into cut-offs and long sleeves it to sleeveless shirts or don't you hang with the locals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Fill or polish...(for the boost club members..)..
And yes, I have heard predictions that this will be a particularly nasty weathered winter..,except here in south Florida where we may have to break out a pair of jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt..might even have to put some socks on with our flip flops..
Old January 20th, 2015, 08:20 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Winter has been good to us in the Northeast. I was out on Sunday in this and it was not pretty. I had to go get salt for the walkways.
Old January 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

FawK! that is horrible. I hope whoever took that video said a prayer of thanks!

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 20th, 2015, 08:39 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
FawK! that is horrible. I hope whoever took that video said a prayer of thanks!

He probably did that after he changed his pants.
Old January 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Saw that on the big screen yesterday. My statement was I bet the truck driver had to change his drawers.
Couldn't drive a toothpick up his arse with a sledgehammer.
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Winter has been good to us in the Northeast. I was out on Sunday in this and it was not pretty. I had to go get salt for the walkways.
I saw that last night. Insane. This was crazy as well on Saturday - the Jeep slid downhill for many many blocks (note the brake lights i.e. locked up) until finally hitting another car. He must have been flying! You can see the dude on the sidewalk as well, frozen in place, because the sidewalk is pure ice...then his friend wipes out and nearly takes him out as well. When I woke up on Saturday they'd said there were over 200 accidents reported in the area and it was only 9am...

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...t-385979459672
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:07 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
Saw that on the big screen yesterday. My statement was I bet the truck driver had to change his drawers.
Couldn't drive a toothpick up his arse with a sledgehammer.
The roads get like this once or twice a year. I think the last time I saw it, I turned around and went home after seeing about 20 cars in the ditch in less than a mile.
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:13 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

last Sunday at 8:45am outside of Philly I needed to run an errand. I wish this board had a camera-feed on what I saw. Yes it was an ice storm, but the reaction was the weather equivalent of Armageddon. People were ditching cars because they were sliding while driving up a hill (legitimately ditching their cars, leaving them in the middle of the road with flashers on and walking away). I was behind a mazda 3 hatch driving at a speed below what my speedo would register for over a mile. Honestly... if you're that scared to be driving and not versed in the conditions, why are you trying? Back to the AWD idiots... I saw a few of those too. A Lexus 3 cars in front of me was invincible, driving WAY above what conditions would allow until his rearend kicked out on black ice, he hit a telephone pole shattered his rear windshield and broke his rear right wheel OFF his car (everybody was ok). A few min later a 325xi wagon was riding his brake during a long downhill descent and slid into a curb then got out and started kicking the wheels (true story, she was really mad). Last one; AWD RAV4 in front of me going up a long hill (the way back of that downhill behind the bimmer before) kept stopping due to "road fear" then couldn't get moving again due to the level of ice/snow but each time blocked BOTH lanes until he was able get regain composure. The summary of my errand during an ice storm, get the bolts you needed later when AWD heros are either in a ditch or have given up.

Yes, I probably shouldn't have gone out at all (preemptively anticipating that comment)
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:56 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I saw that last night. Insane. This was crazy as well on Saturday - the Jeep slid downhill for many many blocks (note the brake lights i.e. locked up) until finally hitting another car. He must have been flying! You can see the dude on the sidewalk as well, frozen in place, because the sidewalk is pure ice...then his friend wipes out and nearly takes him out as well. When I woke up on Saturday they'd said there were over 200 accidents reported in the area and it was only 9am... http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...t-385979459672
Crazy video. I bet the ABS was going bananas on that Jeep.
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:57 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
We get ice storms down here about every five years or so. I remember a few years back in my 98 Disco. I went out to Walmart for something. It was fine when I went out.

Started back home and the road conditions had changed and caught everybody off guard. I remember cars everywhere and a city bus lost it in front of me on the black ice.

I had the center diff locked. Still open on axles. I swear, if here was a Heisman Trophy for driving, I would have earned it. As I was slowly making my way around the bus and other cars, there were still others aiming for me. I escaped unscathed and got home as quick as I could. Touchdown.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:13 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
In high school I was driving in the snow on a 4 lane road all the way in the right lane and was keeping the speed and the rpms low in 3rd gear in a little sports car and just taking my time. I was following my buddy's Cherokee (although he was way ahead of me) which was thankfully the only other car on that road at that moment. I started to slide around a turn, took my foot off of the gas, didn't hit the brakes, but didn't engage the clutch either and the rpms dropped to 0 immediately and all wheels locked up as it stalled, sending me into multiple spins across all 4 lanes. I stopped just short of the curb on the far side, with my front facing the middle of the road. No damage somehow.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:17 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2471134026.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	539.0 KB
ID:	111638

Got to put fresh turns on some of this yesterday.

Zack were you there?

After 2 hours on mtn we drove 8 hours home. Roads on 89 were still a little sketchy but clear from White River Jct down. Saw a tractor/trailer flipped in the middle of 91 in southern VT.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Attachment 111638

Got to put fresh turns on some of this yesterday.

Zack were you there?

After 2 hours on mtn we drove 8 hours home. Roads on 89 were still a little sketchy but clear from White River Jct down. Saw a tractor/trailer flipped in the middle of 91 in southern VT.

Negative...I've gotta get up there soon.
Old January 20th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I only saw rain in Williamsburg.
Old January 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I ALMOST had to turn off the a/c...

Lower Navigation