Hannibal the Cannibal... - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
'95 D90 SW Arles Blue

Whoa...! Now THAT'S a trailer! Got to ask- about what $ are we talkin' as built? My wife and I were thinking of doing a AT tear-drop trailer but I like the looks of this!

Old November 30th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Trevor Tarr
Trevor Tarr
1997 D-90 4.6 NAS ST
I actually started with the idea of an offroad teardrop too. I was mostly looking at the Camp-Inn (http://www.tinycamper.com/), with a ruggedized offroad option I don't think they still offer. I loved the idea that I could pull over any time, walk from my truck back to the trailer, get in, and go to sleep. Or just pop up the rear hatch and have an instant kitchen. The two deal-breakers for me were:
  1. I wasn't convinced that even the "offroad" models were truly rugged enough to withstand the abuse I'd give them, especially extended high speeds on washboard.
  2. There was never really enough storage space, without filling up the trailer's interior, which would eliminate the always-ready-bed plus.
Pricing for my CampaATT hasn't been finalized. but it should land somewhere in the low- to mid-teens.

Old July 8th, 2007, 06:22 PM
1991 110
Hi guys - I found this thread whilst searching and a few of you wanted pictures of the various tents. Perhaps have a look at www.africa-overland.net as many people have good setup pictures of their overland vehicles there.

I have used a Eezi Awn tent for the last 6 years, over 2 extended trips in Africa. Eezi Awn, Hannibal and Holwing Moon are all about the same. It takes me about 12 minutes to fully put it up and about 10 mins to fully put in down. I mostly sleep inside my 110 when it's not too hot or buggy as that takes 10 seconds to setup ;-)

Anyway, happy to help with any questions where I can...

Kind regards,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat