Hanjin Shipping pulls out of Portland - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 19th, 2013, 11:32 PM
NAS 97 D90 SW

Don't know what kind of effect this has on Portland or perhaps some of you all, but it's effects are sure to be felt even in Idaho as our family's farm products route through Portland on its way to Asia. I thought this topic might be of interest as many of you all are intimately familiar with transcontinental shipping, it involves higher pricing for shipping and thus for goods, and a lot of you love to argue politics.

On a somewhat related note, I had to order my Soldiers to completely button up and drive via instrumentation to avoid rocks and other projectiles hurled at us while we drove our Stryker vehicles from the Port of Olympia to Fort Lewis in 2007. The hippies got what they wanted; Fort Lewis uses the Port of Tacoma now.

Some folks aways want something for nothing and to "protect" the environment, but in the end they get nothing. From hippies to environmentalists to unions.... Ironic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat