Halo 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 9th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Halo 2

Just out of curiousity how many of you waited in line at midnight to either buy a copy of Halo 2 for your own enjoyment or waited in line with someone under 17 to buy a copy.

As I waited in line with my 14 year Brother-in-Law I couldn't believe my eyes when over 300 people showed up at the game store to buy a video gamea t MIDNIGHT. Nothing like a bunch of amped up 18-22 years drinking cases of Mountain Dew and eating In-n-Out hamburgers at midnight talking about how killer the new weapons will be to make you realize that you are all grown up now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

MY brother waited (he's 22 I'm 25), then when he got home at 12:45 we played until 3 am when he said he needs to go to bed to get up at 9 am, I said yeah I nned to be up at 6:30, I really thought about pulling an all nighter and just not sleeping.

If you haven't played either Halo 1 or 2 then you are missing out, the best part is playing multi player against you friends. I have friends in their 40s that love it! And if you are like us we get 4 TVs 4 Xboxes and a Hub and 16 of us play all at once for 5 or 6 hours. Even if you suck at video games it is a BLAST! Almost as good as wheeling the 90!
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:23 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
My room mate did the same thing. Said there were like 200 or more people waiting for it. Almost as bad as it was to go see the new star wars movies at midnight when they were first showed. I was always a fan of Golden Eye on N64. guess i never upgraded.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2004, 01:28 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I didn't wait outside, but I just got mine at 10am...

Can't wait until I get out of here today.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

A few highlights, the warthog has a handbrake so you can power slide, dual machine guns, you can now pick up the sword that the super powerful elite guy carries, but he is very tuff. Elite pull you out of the wart hog, but you can pull them out of the ghosts. The warthog gets busted up looking and catches fire but it just keeps going (I relate it to a Rover). Your shield is stronger and comes back faster. You can jump higher. All this and we only got into the second level!
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:14 PM
nickt
Nick Taylor
1998 Ex-Camel Trophy 110

Registry
I just got an email from Amazon (.co.uk) saying the UK release is now the 11th. Sucks.

Nick.
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:28 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Just got back from a couple hours of play... Absolutely incredible, I think my Halo1 skills will carry on (which were immense) haha...

Mike, If I'm ever at my Uncle's place on Mascoma Lake in NH, we'll have to get together so I can 'spank' you at H2.

(I had to... ) ............................j/k

Really though, the game rules. We're already taunting eachother at work.

Truly revolutionary game, for those who aren't into 'video games'... Sadly, it's the 'last' XBOX game worth a damn.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

LOL Nicholas, I don't need you to have my azz kicked, one of my friends can kill me 20 times before I kill him once. The only sucky part is when you look up at the clock after playing for a while and realize 3 hours have past!
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
What the Heck are you guys talking about?
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:55 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
i think its a new video game that recently came out.
Old November 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Mike,

All in good fun ... with practice you'll be killing them !

I hear what you're saying about the time lapse... just last week we were playing multiplayer Halo1 and I looked at my clock and 3 YEARS had passed. Seriously. That's how much we played that game.

For those who don't know, just go to Google and type in 'Halo 2'. Or try Xbox.com but that's getting wailed on right about now, i could barely pull anything up.

Cheers,

Nicholas

Old November 9th, 2004, 06:10 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

what about the XBOX Live integration? I don't have Halo2 yet, but isn't it 'Live' enabled now... We could have a D-90 source worldwide azz kicking event! We don't have to be system linked for that, right? I haven't played my XBOX in months, and I wasn't that good on Halo anyway, but I'd enjoy being target practice for you younger wipper snappers

oh, and for kevin, this is what we're talking about:
http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/halo-2/564301p1.html
Old November 9th, 2004, 06:18 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Dave,

You're right, XBOX live is cool, and would be a great time with fellow D90-Sourcerers, and No, you don't need to be linked for that, you just need a subscription to XBOX live.
I think online play is cool, but I don't do it much... I like to play through the Campaign (the single player) and when I play multiplayer I like to see the look on my friend's faces when I punk them out...lol... There's something about not knowing 'who' my opponent is that keeps me offline most of the time... just my opinion though.

And who you calling young ? I'm probably older than you... haha.... I never stopped playing though, from way back...

Cheers,

Nicholas

Old November 9th, 2004, 06:21 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Ha, you are older than me!
Old November 9th, 2004, 06:22 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Yes, My Son.

<in my Darth Vader Voice>

Nicholas
33 Years Old and STILL GAMING!

Old November 9th, 2004, 06:38 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

ha.. 39 here. Young punks... wait until I grab my copy tonight, redo my LIVE account info and I will sniper and teabag the whole lot of you girls.

Follow-up Post:

haha.. i can just see making this a sticky post for the D-90 Source Halo Ring. lol

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Yeah we have played online, it kinda sucks though. Like I said I'm OK at the game, but my friends are very very good, when we play online we play a few teams then no one wants to play us. So we resign on with a name like 4 chicks looking for fun, then we can't turn them away. After playing for 30 seconds they are dumbfouned that they are getting there azzes handed to them by chicks and they quit out.

Oh no amount of practis is going to make me better then someone who plays games for 4+ hours everday.

The D-90 live thing sounds cool, I don't have live but my friend does.
Oh and Chris, I have my way with dealing with snipers. Most of the time it involves melee them from behind.
Old November 13th, 2004, 01:35 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Well, I just finished Halo 2. Looks like they are already in position for a few more in the series. Lets hope we dont have to wait 3 year inbetween each one though. Anyone playing on LIVE yet? I have to update my account before I can get on.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Played at my friends house, I got hosed! I don't know any of the levels, and they are all a lot better then me. Have you tried playing on Legendary? One word, Insane!
Old November 13th, 2004, 10:11 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Well looks like i'm funaly going to break down and get X-Box this week and of course get Halo nad Halo2. Who knew there were other things besides the rover
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat