Halo 2 - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 17th, 2005, 09:35 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I kind of understand the theory of how they are doing that. A buddy of mine can do it a slightly differant way but has only been able to cross boards and not really fly to higher positions.

Anyone still playing on LIVE from here?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 18th, 2005, 08:50 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros
Also, one thing that I don't like about the game compared to Halo1 is that the multiplayer maps are generally for online play, or serious multiplayer... say 4+... When you're just hanging out with a friend a shooting 'em up, it kind of gets boring because the maps are so huge... THAT is how they TRAP you into paying for XBOX LIVE. Like I said earlier in this post, I like to see the whites of their eyes when I smack them down...lol...

oh yeah... I think my handle is 'lrnasd90'.... if I remember correctly.
Nick, I agree a lot of them are geared for larger number of people but as popular are Halo 1 was through Gamespy, I think that was part of the idea. We'll see what new boards come out in Halo 2.5 later this year. Going to be the next part with new levels and more LIVE boards as well as the end of the story line of the campain play. Halo 3 is slated for next Xmas to take a bite out of Playstation3's release.

I will add you to my list, my handle is "chris von c". (Note the spaces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 19th, 2005, 10:19 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Hey Chris.

I totally agree. I'm sorry to say that I haven't been on LIVE yet, I was playing Half-Life 2 for a while but then we went to Greece, then I started tiling my bathrooms, now I'm putting wood floors in, along with looking at an engagement ring for my other half, and now the D90 is in the shop. FIRST TIME I might add...lol. It was nothing big, just a coil wire that broke off, so I'm having them do a couple of other 'tings that I just don't have any freaking time to do. (speedo/e-brake tightening).

I will try to get on at some point... God knows I miss it.

Ni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2005, 10:24 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

no problem... btw your "lrnasd90" handle came up as invalid when i tried to add you.

Quote:
[/size]
Old January 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Probably because I've never logged onto to HALO2 XBOX LIVE.

Oh well. Have fun !

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:21 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Xbox 360

XBOX 360 ??!!

Wow... Supposedly out by NOVEMBER...

A friend of mine that I work with put 3 video's of some games on his website:

http://www.mikemchargue.com

for pics & info...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/612/612066p1.html

Insanity...

Nicholas
P.S. Chris... The funny thing is.. is that I didn't even get to finish HALO2... Been so damn busy...

Old November 14th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

The new release date for Halo 3 is November 1, 2007.

Of course, it will probably be pushed way back. Bungie.net has more info, if anyone's interested.
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Another year??? WTF? I guess I'll just have to pick up 'Gears of War' for now.

I believe this Friday is when the new PS3 is being released.
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

I've been playing Gears of War. Holy shit. I'm so die hard Halo that it's hard for me to get into other shooters, but man this game rocks so far. I've never seen something that looks so good, and I'm not even seeing in High Def. Ridiculous.

I definitely feel safe recommending Gears of War, just for the campaign. I haven't fooled around with the multiplayer stuff yet. Though, I have done the online multiplayer campaign with a buddy of mine -- that's a great new feature.
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:21 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Man I was about to sell my 360 since I haven't even hooked it up since buying it. Now I think I have to check this game out, and I have the hi-def tv.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
On that note, I'm going to pickup Gears of War after work!
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I just remembered I left a pre-pay deposit for that! Guess I'll pick it up this weekend.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Lucasd2002
David Lucas
[VACANT]

ps3?
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:42 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd2002
ps3?
I believe Chris is talking about Gears of War...so far the games is pretty sweet!

When I went to Best Buy lastnight to pick up Gears of War, there were 7 tents lined up along the front side next to the entrance. The weather has been crappy and the PS3 isn't even available until Friday. That's some die-hard commitment for a $600 gaming console. Makes me wonder what those people (not sure if there were kids or what) do for a living, that they could take off 3 days from work, to sit in some miserable weather waiting for a gaming unit that already has issues and a video card that's no longer the latest and greatest.

Right now, the only thing/person I'd do that for is Jessica Alba. Who am I kidding, I'd do just about anything for her!
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:46 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
Makes me wonder what those people (not sure if there were kids or what) do for a living, that they could take off 3 days from work, to sit in some miserable weather waiting

Right now, the only thing/person I'd do that for is Jessica Alba. Who am I kidding, I'd do just about anything for her!
A bunch of idiots if you ask me....

And yes i am with you on Jessica Alba.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

I played some more Gears of War last night (til about 4:00 a.m., lol). It's a great game -- it keeps getting more and more interesting, and they do a good job of switching things up so that play doesn't get monotonous.

I messed around with the online multiplayer. For someone who is used to Halo, this is definitely different. Shorter games, not as easy to hook up with a buddy and find some games. But it's interesting nonetheless.

I read an article yesterday talking about how the PS3 is going to suffer from waiting to use the Blueray (or whatever) technology for the HD-DVD. It caused significant delays, and they won't have many units to ship before this christmas. So, 360 will have a two holiday headstart on them. 360 will soon be offering a HD-DVD drive as well -- should be interesting how the market share battle between these two turn out.

For me the decision was easy -- Halo 3 and 360.

Chris, don't sell it now! The games are just starting to take advantage of the new system.
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:59 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
With the Nintendo Wii hot on the PS3 tail and at an affordable price, the PS3 is going to suffer...another mini-disk fiasco!?!?!...maybe. They might be the king of consoles, but the arragonce of price and the issues they are having with these new systems already may set them back initially.

I guess time will tell...
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

I used to think the PS2 was overpriced but damn, thats rediculous for a f-ing video game system.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old November 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

I think the prices are so high on these new consoles because the manufacturers are trying to place them in the market not only as gaming consoles, but also home entertainment items. Xbox 360 can do all sorts of cool wireless shit with your home network, if you have the right operating system. You can wirelessly connect to any home computer and listen to music through your home entertainment system, or watch movies and video, look at pictures, etc.

I just don't know if that will ever catch on, at least enough to justify the higher prices.

I'm a gaming junkie, though, so while the price stings a little bit, I have no choice. Small price to pay for stress relief...
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

halo 3 and medal of honor 4: modern warfare are going to be dope...especially on xbox live...too bad i dont play that shit anymore...just got too into it and had to completely eliminate it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat