Gun Range Thread - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:46 AM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
I carry a Keltec PMR 30. It's a little big but light. It's a fun fun to shoot.

.22LR are great carry pieces


This one with an inverted holster in the lower back is invaluable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	130377  
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
.22LR are great carry pieces This one with an inverted holster in the lower back is invaluable
Looks a bit suppressed ;-) Although a Ruger and not a Walther, it's very Bond-like! Although in the Connery era, he did initially carry a Baretta.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:45 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Looks a bit suppressed ;-) Although a Ruger and not a Walther, it's very Bond-like! Although in the Connery era, he did initially carry a Baretta.

You do not to attract attention or disturb the neighbors ha ha

Now this is a nice quiet Beretta



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3020242735.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	130381
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:47 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Also I believe Bond carry this one in 7.65 ( 32 AUTO )



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-172883840.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	523.4 KB
ID:	130382
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
LuisC's Avatar
LuisC
Status: Offline
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin,Texas USA
Posts: 1,900
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Also I believe Bond carry this one in 7.65 ( 32 AUTO )
Had one like that. I'm kind of sorry I sold it.

But I still have my HK P7. Love the squeeze cock.
__________________
Black Rhino Lives Matter
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 01:00 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
Had one like that. I'm kind of sorry I sold it.

But I still have my HK P7. Love the squeeze cock.
This will send this to the mud pit


Actually my PP is Nazi era without any markings or import marks

got 3 of them in a package deal :

1 with the Gestapo issued grips - I keep that for historical value )

2 like the one picture... actually one of them is for sale on the Mud Pit
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 02:00 PM
solarguy's Avatar
solarguy
Status: Offline
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales Fl. USA
Posts: 2,030
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
.22LR are great carry pieces This one with an inverted holster in the lower back is invaluable
The PMR 30 is a .22 mag with a 30 round mag. Not a 22lr.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
The PMR 30 is a .22 mag with a 30 round mag. Not a 22lr.

Abe ,

I know is .22 mag, but is not that it makes a tremendous difference, does it?

If we want to nitpick.. they can both be found in the same bullet grain

the only difference ( asides for a little more punch on the mag is

.22lr OD .224
.22Magnum OD .236

__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:39 PM
boswalt's Avatar
boswalt
Status: Offline
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 270
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Glock 42, the ultimate reliability in a pocket rocket!
Don't leave home without it!
I've been really impressed with the new 43. Several guys coming through range running them as backups. Accuracy, decent power and awesome concealibility. My only concern is mag capacity but for what it is, it's good to go.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:41 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
You do not to attract attention or disturb the neighbors ha ha
Haha! Wink wink ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Also I believe Bond carry this one in 7.65 ( 32 AUTO )
Nice cache! You know your Bond too! Good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 03:47 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswalt View Post
I've been really impressed with the new 43. Several guys coming through range running them as backups. Accuracy, decent power and awesome concealibility. My only concern is mag capacity but for what it is, it's good to go.
Statistically speaking (FBI statistics) if you are involved in a shooting in the US it will be at night (low or no light) from a distance less than 9 feet and if you are shot it will be with a .22lr. Translation, if you trade rounds even a 9mm kurtz (.380) is bigger and better than the bad guys most common weapon of choice. 9mm Luger is obviously better and a .45 wins that competition hands down (ask a Moro tribesmen if you can find one).
If I can CC a 1911 or an XD 45 I do but if going small a G42 or G43 are the way to go. 6+1 isn't really an issue to me unless there are more than 3 baddies.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Haha! Wink wink ;-)


Nice cache! You know your Bond too! Good stuff.
Clean you PM Box *LOL*

------ Follow up post added September 22nd, 2015 04:13 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Statistically speaking (FBI statistics) if you are involved in a shooting in the US it will be at night (low or no light) from a distance less than 9 feet and if you are shot it will be with a .22lr. Translation, if you trade rounds even a 9mm kurtz (.380) is bigger and better than the bad guys most common weapon of choice. 9mm Luger is obviously better and a .45 wins that competition hands down (ask a Moro tribesmen if you can find one).
If I can CC a 1911 or an XD 45 I do but if going small a G42 or G43 are the way to go. 6+1 isn't really an issue to me unless there are more than 3 baddies.
But ... but ...

besides being shot within 10ft, the damage is completely different ( unless shot on the head or heart )

.22 will probably make more long term damage as the little sucker will travel inside

9mm Luger or Kurz ( 380 for you gringos ) will do enough to reach for that follow up Head/Heart )

.45ACP while more powerful, is as well more difficult to control the collateral as the bullet will exit and lodge somewhere else
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
LuisC's Avatar
LuisC
Status: Offline
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin,Texas USA
Posts: 1,900
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Statistically speaking (FBI statistics) if you are involved in a shooting in the US it will be at night (low or no light) from a distance less than 9 feet and if you are shot it will be with a .22lr. Translation, if you trade rounds even a 9mm kurtz (.380) is bigger and better than the bad guys most common weapon of choice. 9mm Luger is obviously better and a .45 wins that competition hands down (ask a Moro tribesmen if you can find one). If I can CC a 1911 or an XD 45 I do but if going small a G42 or G43 are the way to go. 6+1 isn't really an issue to me unless there are more than 3 baddies.
I was all about high capacity until a revolver toting deputy told me if you can't hit your target in 6, you might as well throw it at them.

Hence, why I opted for the P7M8 instead of the M13.
__________________
Black Rhino Lives Matter
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
solarguy's Avatar
solarguy
Status: Offline
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales Fl. USA
Posts: 2,030
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Abe , I know is .22 mag, but is not that it makes a tremendous difference, does it? If we want to nitpick.. they can both be found in the same bullet grain the only difference ( asides for a little more punch on the mag is .22lr OD .224 .22Magnum OD .236
I wasn't trying to nitpick, I just didn't know if you knew. I should have known better by the caliber of guns you have put up for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:21 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
I wasn't trying to nitpick, I just didn't know if you knew. I should have known better by the caliber of guns you have put up for sale.
Abe,

I was being ( or trying to be ) funny

------ Follow up post added September 22nd, 2015 04:25 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
I was all about high capacity until a revolver toting deputy told me if you can't hit your target in 6, you might as well throw it at them.

Hence, why I opted for the P7M8 instead of the M13.
Funny, I tell that to those who want to have multiple 100rnd drums for their AR

" If you can't fix it with 1 drum, better run and fast "


I have couple of wheel guns ( with additional spare wheels ) placed in areas that I do not need to visit often or maintain, and once a year I go fire them, lube , put them back where it belong

Taurus 45/.410... perfect for their intended task
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Abe, I was being ( or trying to be ) funny
Oh, it WAS funny! But I don't want to judge ;-) It might not be that uncomfortable if you wore your thong! lol
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
solarguy's Avatar
solarguy
Status: Offline
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales Fl. USA
Posts: 2,030
Registry
Good stuff. I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Oh, it WAS funny! But I don't want to judge ;-) It might not be that uncomfortable if you wore your thong! lol
Sorry Man, my Gigolo days are gone LMAO
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:54 PM
boswalt's Avatar
boswalt
Status: Offline
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 270
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Statistically speaking (FBI statistics) if you are involved in a shooting in the US it will be at night (low or no light) from a distance less than 9 feet and if you are shot it will be with a .22lr. Translation, if you trade rounds even a 9mm kurtz (.380) is bigger and better than the bad guys most common weapon of choice. 9mm Luger is obviously better and a .45 wins that competition hands down (ask a Moro tribesmen if you can find one).
If I can CC a 1911 or an XD 45 I do but if going small a G42 or G43 are the way to go. 6+1 isn't really an issue to me unless there are more than 3 baddies.
I know caliber debate is an Internet staple, but with modern ammo designed around fbi specs, there is almost no difference in soft tissue Penetration between 9-40-45. Shot placement is more important than diameter and a caliber that is more economical allows for more training. I love my .45's but I'd be happiest carrying a high capacity 9mm at work.

------ Follow up post added September 22nd, 2015 02:56 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
I was all about high capacity until a revolver toting deputy told me if you can't hit your target in 6, you might as well throw it at them.

Hence, why I opted for the P7M8 instead of the M13.
Dinasaurs have great pearls of wisdom, usually based on the "it'll never happen to me" mentality.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Famous Land Rover owners Lindy Misc. Chit-Chat 4 June 15th, 2009 08:49 PM
Transfer Case Lever Thread Size? ronward Defender Technical Discussions 4 August 30th, 2004 02:26 PM
Thread hijacking! TwisteD90 Misc. Chit-Chat 19 March 6th, 2004 03:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright