Group buy modern Defender tire cover - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 26th, 2014, 06:11 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Looks nice! Do you have a relative scale/idea of how durable they are? How are they cinched down? Is the logo pressed in or embroidered? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2014, 06:13 PM
sjpin
Scott P
None

I am in for one
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Can you do a second custom run that says:

Too Cheap to go Genuine

Why the hell do you need a tire cover anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
do you want one?
uhhhh no thanks. . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:41 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Can you do a second custom run that says: Too Cheap to go Genuine
Let me find out
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:45 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Man I would love a tyre cover but as I don't have a Defender just a poor old Homeland 90, i'am out. Will just have to get a plain LR one, or bout one those carry on ones?

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Why the hell do you need a tire cover anyway?
UV is a killer on tires...I had to replace all my LR3 tires recently due solely to this issue. My spare - which is obviously out of direct sunlight - is original and still like new.

On the Defender either bonnet mounted or rear mounted not so much (out of the sun). Though I imagine many run them to keep dust/dirt/grime out as well. The fact is most spares really don't get used...but if they start to crack you're replacing it regardless of use or remaining tread life.

On my Series I run a cover on the bonnet spare frankly because of aesthetics....the upside down backside of the tire looks like arse. It's also the original tire cover, with the faded yellow logo from back in the day - and is fairly awesome.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 26th, 2014, 07:07 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
UV is a killer on tires...I had to replace all my LR3 tires recently due solely to this issue. My spare - which is obviously out of direct sunlight - is original and still like new.

On the Defender either bonnet mounted or rear mounted not so much (out of the sun). Though I imagine many run them to keep dust/dirt/grime out as well. The fact is most spares really don't get used...but if they start to crack you're replacing it regardless of use or remaining tread life.

On my Series I run a cover on the bonnet spare frankly because of aesthetics....the upside down backside of the tire looks like arse. It's also the original tire cover, with the faded yellow logo from back in the day - and is fairly awesome.
Thank you for your long winded response on sunlight and Defenders. I now fully get it. I was more mocking how WeBe has had a hard on for a tire cover with Dealership info or some other nonsense since he got a truck. Now he is spending his time to make knock offs. Hopefully Land Rover will send him a cease and desist letter. They should also explain that if he can't afford genuine he probably shouldn't own a Land Rover. Man anyone can own one of these things now. Just ask Chris Snell.

Now I should have a tire cover because I'm too cheap to buy a matching spare.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:16 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
In case anyone is concerned, or probably just Barry, the vendor I am working with has permission from LR to make LR items and actually makes quite a few things for LR that sale as "Genuine". PM me if you need their info and you can find out for yourself.

15 and counting...
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:24 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I'm going to need a letter of authenticty signed by Land Rover management.

------ Follow up post added February 26th, 2014 04:27 PM ------

Can't you just cover your spare in duct tape and write Defender in permanent marker. I bet you could get the cost down to 27.50
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:43 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Thank you for your long winded response on sunlight and Defenders. I now fully get it. I was more mocking how WeBe has had a hard on for a tire cover with Dealership info or some other nonsense since he got a truck. Now he is spending his time to make knock offs. Hopefully Land Rover will send him a cease and desist letter. They should also explain that if he can't afford genuine he probably shouldn't own a Land Rover. Man anyone can own one of these things now. Just ask Chris Snell. Now I should have a tire cover because I'm too cheap to buy a matching spare.
Unless there is an inside joke here, you should probably learn proper English or proof your posts for grammatical errors as the 1% such as yourself don't make such blunders. I don't even know why you bother to grace us with your presence, here with the common folk. Thank you for thinking of us.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:48 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
Unless there is an inside joke here, you should probably learn proper English or proof your posts for grammatical errors as the 1% such as yourself don't make such blunders. I don't even know why you bother to grace us with your presence, here with the common folk. Thank you for thinking of us.
Thank you for going after my grammar. It is usually my first move when I have nothing to add. I really enjoyed making grammar jokes when Defender Pilot would post one of his 50 steering wheels for sale. Ah memories.

No inside joke. I just felt this thread needed some humor. I don't know why I grace you with my presence either.
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Thank you for going after my grammar. It is usually my first move when I have nothing to add. I really enjoyed making grammar jokes when Defender Pilot would post one of his 50 steering wheels for sale. Ah memories. No inside joke. I just felt this thread needed some humor. I don't know why I grace you with my presence either.
So now Im beginning to question if you even belong to the 1% since you cant comprehend the absurd linkages in my retort and all you got out of it was the grammar part. And Im going to need proof of you belonging to the 1% club such as a picture of you with Kanye West, you flashing bills with oversized white glasses in a vintage F-car, or a a selfie in your Gulfstream on the tarmac in any one of the islands in the Caribbean.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up your greatest internet moments such as your quarrel with the steering wheel guy. Perhaps you should link to it to let the new commoners in on the fun.

Commoner 3, Out.
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Can they do one for a 35?
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:25 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Ah I gotcha now that I read it again. Slow witted today. Did you at least get the reference to Chris Snell? It was his greatest line to date.

I'm going to NYC Friday. I'm planning to buy a fake Rolex down on the street in front of Horsey's place. I've been told that if I buy them in quantity you get a better deal. I just need 24 more people. Let me know if you are interested.
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:27 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
No inside joke. I just felt this thread needed some humor. I don't know why I grace you with my presence either.
Barry doesn't your blog need updating? Grace that.

http://www.thebarryrides.com/
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:28 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Did you at least get the reference to Chris Snell? It was his greatest line to date.
I did get and enjoyed this reference...ah, the good old days when only the rich & famous owned Defenders. None of us poor folks.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It does. Its been awhile. Thanks for the free plug.
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
Can they do one for a 35?

I will check with them and see. Anyone else looking for one for 35's?
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
I did get and enjoyed this reference...ah, the good old days when only the rich & famous owned Defenders. None of us poor folks.
At least someone is paying attention. Those were the days. No black people or Jews owned Land Rovers. Obviously I'm paraphrasing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod, defender, tire, cover