Great price on that 97!!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

Thumbs up Great price on that 97!!!

For those who are interested in the NAS 90 I purchased on Ebay for $18,200, I copied this over from the for sale forum as an update.

"I remember that thread from last month when you posted that you were the winning bidder. Care to give us some feedback on how the truck is?

That is a really sweet deal. Good luck with it!"

Here is the ebay url;
My Ebay D90

My Ebay 97 is pretty good, I got it here for $500 bucks more and given what I paid for it I can not complain. It runs and drives fine and is solid into the 80s on the highway.

From my initial inspection i will need to do the following,
-New tires- still debating steel or stock wheels but I think I have settled on 285/16 as the size of choice.
-New Stereo- already replaced thanks to Crutchfield
-Adjust the door latches- already done.
-Find an oil leak from underneath.
-Re-connect the dash harness after a shoddy repair job by Land Rover Denver South-already done.
-Clean replace the carpet-still in process, smells like the guy stored the truck in a horse barn.
-Recover front seats.
-Find out what is loose in the rear suspension.
-Replace one missing rear jump seat.
-Fix the cracked console door.

The body is not as straight as it was from the factory, its not bad by any means but being a former body man I a bit particular. I am Really happy with all the options this truck has like the rack and the winch. I just purchased an ARB for it and am really in the process of customizing the truck to my tastes. I have been trolling the D-90 site for some time and have a pretty good idea of how I want it to look. My long term goal was to build a 110 out of it but I am pretty happy with the 90 and my wife likes the 90 more than the 110. Given that and the cost I will probably hold off if not cancel it all together.
I have removed the stock nerf bars, I am going to replace the sils with rock sliders and again still am undecided if I want steel 110 wheels or the stock mags. The nice thing is the frame looks like new, given what i have read i was a little worried but either this one has had a new frame or that oil leak has kept it fresh as this one looks as good as some of the new vehicles I have owned. Other than one missing jump seat the truck is 100% original.

I have a ton of projects planned for it including lift and the sliders and will do what I can as I can afford. I have a 68 Shelby and an early Bronco that are my other hobbies so I will have to spread the wealth in the garage as my wife, while patient, will put an end to this quick otherwise.

Thats pretty much it, I really love the truck, i transitioned to this from an Audi S4 and while this truck is simply primitive in comparison I would do it again in a heart beat!

Thank you everyone for the help so far and for the future help. This site has been a great resource for me.
Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2004, 05:25 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yeah that was a good deal. Personally I think it would be a shame to chop it up into a 110 but thats my opinion. There are a few wreaks you can pick up for much lower price and since they are already smashed up, would be better donors for a 110 conversion.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 30th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

GT350 or GT500?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2004, 11:55 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman

I agree Chris, the 90 is really growing on me. One of the guys at work has a NAS 110 and thats really what got me started down this path. I probably will just keep the 90 as is.

Paxton Supercharged 350. It hauls, well untill i scattered the clutch and broke my toploader last fall. My parents brought me home from the hospital in it and i expect it will be in the family for ever.
Dennis
Old January 31st, 2004, 12:00 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
awesome
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:55 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Before I really got into LR's, I was into Mustangs (still love Mustangs, just can't afford both). The car I wanted to eventually own was a 68 GT500 in Lime Gold. By the time I could finally afford a nicely restored driver, that damn Gone in 60 Seconds movie just had to come out
Old January 31st, 2004, 10:28 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Chris, check this out:http://www.sandersonsales.com/ New GT 500's (Eleanor)
I always wanted a Shelby but couldn't afford one either so I opted for a 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 because they had the sequential lights like the Cobra's. That was my first car and another vehicle I regret selling.
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old January 31st, 2004, 11:01 PM
howellm70
Michael Howell

Art - funny you mention your xr7 - my girl friends father has the exact same car. It had been sitting out in his shop for the last 20 years without being driven once. A month ago I convinced him to take it out for a spin. We changed the battery and the necessary fluids and started her up with some carb. fluid. Nice driving car - he's thinking about starting a full rebuild. Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along.
Old February 1st, 2004, 02:23 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman

woops double post.
Old February 1st, 2004, 02:23 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman

That was my first car as well, a maroon 67 XR-7 GT, we dragged it out of the weeds out in lakewood brought it home and I hammered and sanded on it for almost a year to get it restored. My dad didn't trust me with the 390 so I put in a 289. I did the shelby drop to it and it handled real nice. Also a car I regret selling.
I am really unhappy with the spread of gone in 60 second clones. I think Shelby is a great guy, but he has really started to go overboard with selling his name. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if my car is an eleanor. I find it absurd the prices those cars get, much more in many cases than an original shelby with true history. Shelby had nothing to do really with the eleanor creation, but he did jump on the boat selling them.
Old February 1st, 2004, 02:58 AM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Cool! Mine was a maroon '68 XR-7 with black interior. It had a 302 with a factory 4 barrel and dual exhaust.
Here's a shot from my last day of HS (May '88) I sold it a year later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mycougar.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	272  
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old February 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

dennis congradulation on the purcase.
I was a bidder on the truck for a little while, but was afariad of the respray. I wasnt sure what kind of damage may have been done. Im still on the look out for a 97 or I may convert my 95 to an auto. I hate the boston stop and go traffic.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Whaoha cool - I had one of those too. My two cars were a 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 and a 1969 Series IIA Rover.

Was white/black, fully restored mint. Damn, wish I had pictures. That was a while ago. I remember tearing by a cop in it at about 120 on the Ventura Freeway right after the big quake of 1994. I guess that makes it ten years ago.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
another good deal on ebay..1997

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31849

I wonder if the reserve is met at this price.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:03 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

It's not a reserve auction so as long as the auction goes to closing, highest bidder will get it no matter what the bid is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:24 AM
januconn92
Jan Jurgielewicz
97 D90 #1477 Green ST

I had to..won the 97' on Ebay

guys, I won the 97' !! I really needed an auto especially with the wife wanting to drive a D90, I will be putting my 94' D90 up for sale (will post here as well !!) next month.

I'll post a report after I get the truck, but it seems clean.
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Good luck with it Jan.
Old February 4th, 2004, 12:11 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Nice... hope its as good as it sounds!

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags