going to colorado - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:17 PM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Chance-

Actually a friend of mine and myself have the Betty Bear Hut booked for March 14,15, and 16 we will tour out of there for a couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

Mike and Chance,
I would love to make some bc turns with you guys. I've been eyeing Pikes Peak the last few days. Little Italy couloir is filling in and the west side is looking like it may soon be skiable. If an ass wants to show up for some out of bounds with no beacon then I figure we(society)don't need em. I won't go with folks like that and wouldn't expect to be taken along either. I saw a group out on Loveland Pass Saturday p.m. skiing a line 20 meters from a slab that had slid on Friday. The were on a similar aspect and slope angle. Sweeeeeet Duuuuuude!!! I hope we can all hook up on the weekend of the 5th/6th.

BTW the tele nationals are at Copper on that weekend with all kinds of events (tele cross, big air, freeskiing...)
Old January 26th, 2004, 09:35 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally posted by mhansen
Actually a friend of mine and myself have the Betty Bear Hut booked for March 14,15, and 16 we will tour out of there for a couple of days.
We're booked into Jackal for 2/11,12 & 13. We did Skinner-->Betty Bear-->Skinner last year. Getting up to Skinner the first day from Turquoise Lake was definitely a grunt. But what a view! Betty Bear was a nice hut, but don't start the stove in the kitchen or downstairs or you'll get smoked out!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:58 PM
tbmcneill

I'd say Keystone or Vail, then. Again ... only because my pass is no good at Copper. I can get to either place inside of 2 hours (barring no run-in with Colorado's Nazi's .... err, I mean highway patrol). So, either area is great. Vail would be cool IF they have the snow. Cliff hucking to high-speed groomers to bump runs .... whatever your mood, they've got it.

Also, I've got buddy passes at either place you can buy at a discount ...& I'm certain JP could work a similiar deal (probably better) at Vail

... Warren Miller 2 years ago ... I agree with what Plake, when asked what's the one thing he would change about skiing, said, "I'd make it like it was before snowboards."

Its more the 'punk' boarders I don't care for ... No respect, no class .... kinda like the 17 year old with the rice burner civic sporting the neon washer jets and under body lighting kit running 90 in the neighborhood 35 zone. .... Jeez, I sound like my Dad.
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:04 AM
redrover

I have a few comp tickets and several half pricers. So if you let me know ill save them for you all. I dont know what my schedule will be like next week, but either way I will gladly pass on the tickets. We had some snow overnight and will see some additional accum over next couple of days. This morn the temps hung around -10 till early afternoon but should warm later in week. Troy is right Vail has a little of everthing. Its atleast a one day must if skiing in Colo for first time. Anyone see brian deegan fall out of the sky last weekend in Aspen? Oouch that hurts. Think snow JP
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:08 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Troy, you sound like your dad b/c you are a dad

Anyway, I'll meet with you guys anywhere anytime but Thursday. Let me know what ski slope you guys are doing so I can call the ski school and setup an appointment to have them teach the kids.
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:07 AM
tbmcneill

i guess you're right yousef .... she's only 3 months & i've already started to give her the 'dating' talk!!

anyhow, if we both end up going wednesday, we can ride together .... meet at T-Rex parking on 70? You can even drive the new BIG RIG if you want...
T
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:01 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

troy and yousef

sounds like a plan, i will touch base with the two of you when i get to the mile high city. Keystone, right?

martin
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:27 PM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Sorry I could not catch up to any of you last weekend. I was stuck in Memphis all week, and didn't get in till late Friday. Had just enough time for the "honey do's" Saturday, and skied with family Sunday. hope everyone had a great time....the snow was awesome.

Cheers

Mike
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:20 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

back from colorado

After spending 4 hours at the denver airport because of "mechanical trouble", i arrived back to sunny florida last night.
I had a really good time, I met up with Troy McNeill at keystone and did some skiing. I couldnt believe what a incredibly nice guy Troy was. He treated my girlfriend and I with great respect. I did talk to yousef on the phone in colorado, but never got a chance to meet . Then two days into the trip my nextel lost service and no one could call in and I couldnt call out, so i apologize to JP and Mike for not getting in touch. I skied at winter park three days, one at keystone and one at brek.

Art, I went to Tommy Knockers on the way up I70, i cant remember what I had to drink, something booty.

I really enjoyed colorado and its people. I did have some sighting, on the 3rd a LE with lights on top heading towards denver before the idaho falls exit. then on the 4th with troy a arles blue with a rack heading west on I70 after the tunnel. And last I saw a 94 white with a hardtop and rack at the rental offices at the airport in denver on the day that I left
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Martin, sorry I missed you.
I ended up spending my free days sick in bed with the #$%! flu.
Hope you had a good time and enjoyed the microbrew.
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
tbmcneill

I had a good time meeting up with you guys. definately give me a ring if you're ever back in town. i'm glad you guys were able to get some good days of skiing in, too. i'm still a bit envious about how fast you can rip turns ....

now you'll have to come back & check out the summers sometime ...
T
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:10 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Troy, do you mean he was faster than you?
Old February 13th, 2004, 02:24 AM
tbmcneill

yousef-
you have no idea, man. the guy could almost ski down a hill taking turns as fast as i could going almost straight.

i guess that's what growing up in Lake Placid & later working out with the US Ski Team does for you
T
Old February 13th, 2004, 02:03 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

awww.....shucks troy
Old February 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Dang Martin, how those knees holding up?

(us geezers worry about those things)
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Hahaha that funny!

If I was skiing with you guys that's how it would've went.
Ok guys let's do this slope.
We all go down, martin is no where to be seen, I'm still skiing on the same hill, and here comes martin, lapping me once, I go that's not right, few minutes go by, I'm still on the same slope skiing, here comes martin again, that's the second time he did that, then I go I must be dreaming, that could be someone that looks like him, and before I finish that thought, here comes Martin again, lapping for the third time. Seriously that could've happened if I was skiing with you guys, I just like to take my time going down hill. Last year, Troy, Tom Beleicki and I went skiing all the time and those two guy are FAST, they would wait 5-10 minutes for me to meet them at the bottom of the hill
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:01 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

art - the knees are strong, i dont do bumps or powder, thats the thing about east skiing, HARD pack and ice only. It kept my knees in good order. I am jealous of colorado though, trails are wide and no lift lines

yousef - haha, i may have been skiing fast but the altitude killed me, I made five turns and then i had to stop. Troy was a speed demon, i felt bad, he was the one doing all the waiting.

It funny to talk about this when I am sitting in south florida

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado