Getting out - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Getting out

My love affair with Defenders is over and I will be selling off my trucks and parts hoard over the next several months.

Truck 1

97 Coniston Green SW, 146,000 miles, Maine truck but with ďsolidĒ frame according to my mechanic. A photo is in my registry but I plan to bring it back to stock, replace all three doors, paint it, and sell it on eBay for a fortune. However, I will sell it before the transformation if someone here wants it and offers a fair price.
It currently has an electrical issue where engaging the high beam switch blows the 30 amp headlight fuse in the engine compartment. I had a bunch of rust repair work done recently and I suspect a wire may have been nicked/cut somewhere in the process. Unfortunately, my mechanic and I have parted company and I havenít been able to (nor ever will be able to) resolve this myself. Wiper motor is hinky and occasionally wonít turn off. Hood release cable continually annoys me despite several replacements. Body could use paint and there is a small crease in the left rear quarter panel. Headliner sags a bit around the alpine windows. This is not a garage queen nor is it a POS. I can take photos but its best to come see it in beautiful York, Maine (about an hour north of Boston.)
I have removed the SD roof rack and will be removing the Rockware winch bumper and winch, sliders, swing away tire carrier, skid plates, diff guards, and replacing the steelies and TrxUsí with freestyles and BFG ATs. I will be including NOS side steps, sills, front bumper and brush guard, white NTO front doors, and a rear door from a 2011. I bought this in 2007 and it has been off road a total of one time (a pretty good full day workout with Bill Burke) and runs very well.
Very recent work includes new galvanized rear crossmember, new galvanized fuel tank cradle, new fuel flex lines at tank, new fuel pump, new rear rotors, calipers, pads, brake lines, brake fluid. Repair corrosion at driverís side kick panel and footwell, passenger side kick panel and footwell, new galvanized inner and outer footwells. Remove and replace worn and damaged rear suspension. Remove and replace front suspension and front shock towers (galvanized.) Fabricate and install battery box repair section, paint and waxoyl.

Iíve posted this in the chit chat section because I donít have a set price in mind. I would prefer to sell it here to someone who has helped me out in the past. If youíre seriously interested, PM me and weíll see if we can set up a time to check it out. Feel free to send your friendly Rover guy whoís passing through over to see it as well. Also, feel free to chime in with what you think itís worth but if you want a response to a question, send me a PM.

Truck 2

94 AA Yellow ST, 23X,000 miles, was Tommy Mooreís truck and I think Jon Albitzí at one time. Currently in pieces in mechanicís shop undergoing a frame swap. Soon (hopefully) will be enroute to another shop for completion. If itís done this fall, Iíll be back on with more details. Otherwise, itíll be springtime. Iíve promised the new mechanic that he will get the project so it is not for sale as is. I know, not much to go on but if youíre in the market for a 94 AA ST, I figure itís better to know that this coming than not.

Parts hoard

I would prefer that some enterprising individual with a trailer would be interested in the following heavy stuff: 2009 Limited Edition SD roof rack, Rockware front winch bumper, Warn 9500 winch, ARB front bumper, Warn 10000 winch, Rockware catalytic converter skid plate, Southdown front skid plate, Equipe front/steering skid plate, and other armor. Mantec swing away tire carrier, Southdown sliders, various seats, leather heated and others. 5 Coniston Green steel wheels, 5 black NATO steel wheels with Interco TrxUS MTs (one is a spare and pretty crappy.) Probably more heavy stuff around as well. I will not ship any of this stuff. Lots more goodies coming depending on which truck sells first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Wow Gary- hard to imagine as you have had the addiction a while!!
Shoot me a complete list of bits and price and I may make a trip north- need to grab some stuff in NH anyway...
Hope everything is okay and you are just changing venues...
All the best!!
Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
sounds like your ex-mechanic is an idiot and has ruined it for you. GLWS

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
price & pics - then post in For Sale section??
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
sounds like your ex-mechanic is an idiot and has ruined it for you. GLWS
Not at all; he's a great guy. I've just had enough.
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Sue the guy, or have Ron do it for you... Keep the rovers... Zero chance you will remain "Clean" from the Rover addiction, it becomes part of you.

Sorry to hear about the sale.

Old January 30th, 2014, 02:36 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Both trucks are sold so I've got tons of stuff to sell. If you're looking for anything specific, send me a PM.
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
PM sent
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:57 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Sorry for the confusion; I have already sold the following items from the original post and will start new for sale threads for my other stuff.

2009 Limited Edition SD roof rack
Rockware front winch bumper
Warn 9500 winch
ARB front bumper
Rockware catalytic converter skid plate
Equipe front/steering skid plate,
Mantec swing away tire carrier,
leather heated seats,
Coniston Green steel wheels,
5 black NATO steel wheels with Interco TrxUS MTs
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:29 PM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Can you post, or send a pic of the bumper?
Lynchie296@gmail.com
or text to
603 2three6-9nine5zero
Thanks. What is the next obsession....hobby?
Old January 30th, 2014, 03:56 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Sorry Dennis; the bumpers are gone and I'll start another post later this week for some of the other stuff. Bought an old farmhouse in the boonies and will be trading my Defender affliction for a John Deere affliction.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:23 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Best of luck with that Gary. You know if you ever need a Land Rover fix you are welcome to borrow one of my fleet. One of them even sounds like a John Deere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:27 AM
richross
rich rossmassler
1995 Defender 90 SW (387/500)

Registry
can u post pics of the steel wheels?

or email to me?

richross@aol.com
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:38 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Sorry, wheels are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richross View Post
can u post pics of the steel wheels?

or email to me?

richross@aol.com
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 ůriginalť

Registry
DAMN IT, the D90 board picked you clean before I got here.

If anyone is interested I will be headed up past York this weekend and could stop and RURR items back to RI. Not sure what is even left from the hoard...
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:56 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Got a bunch of stuff for sale in the parts section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
DAMN IT, the D90 board picked you clean before I got here.

If anyone is interested I will be headed up past York this weekend and could stop and RURR items back to RI. Not sure what is even left from the hoard...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat