Old August 6th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinlessFrank View Post
Try a gravely 2 wheel tractor....Swiss army knife of tractors.
I have a pair I'd like to sell with attachments if you know anyone looking...

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2014, 09:02 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Doug do you have either a 30 inch rotary attachment or a sickle bar you'd let go separately? Been looking for either to go on the front of the rider for throwing hate on the ivy

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old August 6th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have a 30 and two 40's but no sickle bars. Let me think about that 30, that is what I tame the jungle with.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Thanks I'll keep looking. They come up every so often. They are either too expensive or too rusted.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old August 6th, 2014, 10:23 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Kubota L225 diesel. Bought new in 1974 by my Grandad. I got it when I bought my grandparents house with 7 acres. Still running strong. Bush Hog, box blade, and tiller for garden duties. If I ever buy another tractor it will be a Kubota.
Old August 12th, 2014, 06:33 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry

Old August 14th, 2014, 11:42 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

woops sorry :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
This is either Clay's fault for starting this thread or it's an example of Karma. I looked at a couple of tractor websites last night thinking what if I had to replace mine today.

As my wife is now reminding me - I make projects for myself in an effort to save time. Most recent case in point such said tractor of mine came with a beautiful 54 inch deck. Well thinking I would like to navigate (I tried 3 times to spell menuever and went with navigate) through my trees. So I go and buy a 44 inch used deck. Get new belts and go to slide the deck under and the front square shaft wont go into the female receiver shaft on the 44 deck. AAAAA.

ok all is not lost, I can pull the old pulley and shaft drive off the 54 inch deck and use it on the 44 right. wrong it has a different back spacing.

Well most all is not lost - lets pull the 44 inch deck pulley and put it on the 54 inch gear drive. pound pound pound.

Well f*Uk it wait until harbor freight opens and get a puller. Most is lost but still some is saved.

Got puller and end up bending the 44 pulley I need into what looks like a oreo cookie soaked in milk and given to my 1 year old.

Ok pull the 54 inch deck pulley off the drive because I want the 66 hour drive. Taco Tuesday on the MFer to come off.

All is lost. Took everything to a machine shop and will pay them to have the fun that I had for free.

------ Follow up post added August 14th, 2014 11:44 PM ------

Where to I get a set of the tires - tractor supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post

Old August 15th, 2014, 03:57 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Admit it, you just want to shop at a place called TRACTOR supply company.

I got mine at the local...

tire store
Old August 15th, 2014, 04:16 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
Admit it, you just want to shop at a place called TRACTOR supply company.

I got mine at the local...

tire store
Enjoy frequenting the one local to me. Great place for grade 8 hardware, marine grade heat shrink crimp fittings, commercial strength sprays and related knick knacks. We need to get the word out -- their stock is the 9th worst performing in the SP500 this year.
Old August 15th, 2014, 08:16 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Stopped by my parents on the way up to NH and my old man has a Bolen that he wants to get rid of. It has a crazy snow thrower attachment that would work about perfectly for my driveway. I saw it in action a few years ago and it throws! Might have to go back up and grab it before someone offers a few bucks for it. It started right up after sitting for months. Sorry didn't grab a pic.
Old August 15th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Put all the new parts on my tractor. Wow new blades do make a difference. Don't tell the Rover, it will want new parts too......

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:34 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

LOL at the tire tracks in the yard.
Old August 16th, 2014, 07:47 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
As my wife is now reminding me - I make projects for myself in an effort to save time. Most recent case in point such said tractor of mine came with a beautiful 54 inch deck. Well thinking I would like to navigate (I tried 3 times to spell menuever and went with navigate) through my trees. So I go and buy a 44 inch used deck. Get new belts and go to slide the deck under and the front square shaft wont go into the female receiver shaft on the 44 deck. AAAAA. ok all is not lost, I can pull the old pulley and shaft drive off the 54 inch deck and use it on the 44 right. wrong it has a different back spacing. Well most all is not lost - lets pull the 44 inch deck pulley and put it on the 54 inch gear drive. pound pound pound. Well f*Uk it wait until harbor freight opens and get a puller. Most is lost but still some is saved. Got puller and end up bending the 44 pulley I need into what looks like a oreo cookie soaked in milk and given to my 1 year old. Ok pull the 54 inch deck pulley off the drive because I want the 66 hour drive. Taco Tuesday on the MFer to come off. All is lost. Took everything to a machine shop and will pay them to have the fun that I had for free. ------ Follow up post added August 14th, 2014 11:44 PM ------ Where to I get a set of the tires - tractor supply?
Wait, you pulled a 54" deck for a 44"?? Don't you know that is just the reason to buy another mower? Unless of course your property is all trees. I would probably thin the trees before swapping decks, haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac