G-Town Sighting/Bike Diary - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 13th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Haston
Christopher Petite
97 D90 SW

G-Town Sighting/Bike Diary

Rding home last night, and then again into work this morning, I passed the same yellow 90 with a fiberglass top and full length RN galvanized roofrack parked on K Street under the Whitehurst Freeway. Anyone on board? Looks like a well used and well loved truck.

As an aside, I had another interesting commute this morning--totally wiped out on the smallest strip of ice and have the dreaded road rash as my consolation. In the last 18 months I have 1) hit a deer at night in the rain at 21 mph 2) popped out of my pedals when jumping a curb (for those keeping score, I did not stick the landing) and 3) been vomited on while passing a Volvo suv stopped in morning traffic, right in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial. This is my eighth year of riding 20-30 miles day on my mountain bike. It was nice to see a Rover just a few hundred yards after my latest mishap.

H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2010, 03:46 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

I commute on my motorcyle all year round (25 miles each way) and have had people spit at me, cutoff, thrown cigarettes at me but NEVER vommited!!!! Got side swiped once by a young oriental girl in NJ (whadya expect) and she never got out of her car to see how I was doing..... LOL .... I wanted her to play nurse but .....
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Haston
Christopher Petite
97 D90 SW

Just to clarify, the vomiting was not a malicious act on the vomiter's part. It was pure comedic timing, where I happened to be blowing past just as she began to blow chunks out the window. Truth be told, it was more a grazing blow than a direct hit. And, fortuantely, it was pouring out so I felt suitably cleansed by the time I reached my office since I was sure to hit every puddle on the last mile of my ride. I thought I had experienced just about everything on a bike, both good and bad. There's always room for something new.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting