FS: 1995 Beluga Black Defender - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 21st, 2004, 10:40 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

FS: 1995 Beluga Black Defender

so i got approached by a owner of a 97 arles blue wagon to buy my truck. he wants a 95 stick. he is a car collector and wants to add my truck to his collection
My truck looks as it does in the bio, all options except for the light on the front. Never came around to replacing the PIAAs I sold. So no lights on the front. 36k miles and no issues.
What would be a fair number to take?
I was supposed to tell him today but decided to wait to monday. I may end up selling it on monday, just want to get a idea from the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2004, 10:45 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Your crazy! your 90s awesome!
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:51 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Damn... I should have bought it back I had the chance.
Honestly, the last time you and I spoke about this, I would raise the price you were talking then up about another $10K if he's that hot for it.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2004, 10:56 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

I have talked to fellow employees and they said to sell the truck and run. I have driven the truck maybe 2k miles last year. It sits in storage, and gets driven on saturday nights and sunday days.
I am not pressed for money at all, and like all of us here, we say that we will keep these vehicles forever.
I know what I would like to get, but if you look at eBay and look even here, I am getting good money.
He offered 29800, and i bumped him to 31900, he had a certified check ready today, i couldnt do it and told him to hold off to monday.
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:59 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I don't know the price that you and Chris talked about, but considering your D90 is a celebrity plus all the goodies I wouldn't let it go for less than $35K
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:06 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

$35k seems better. Why sell though? Is he going to use it allot? If you don't need the money I can't see giving it up unless you are planning on building something else up. I would definitely sleep on it.
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

i took in a 1995 with 54k miles a few months back. we paid 19k for the truck. there are a few d90s on here that are going for less and are 97s. i may tell him 35k and tell him take it away. I figure he either bites or walks away. I had a brand new 1995 SW in white then wrecked and totaled it and couldnt wait to get another one. then I found this one and never ever thought that I would come close to selling it. Everyone at work says to sell it and another one will pop up. They say it just a car, haha boy are they wrong
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:26 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Just to honest and clarify, Martian had only mentioned selling and threw a $$ amount out, in passing, on a non-classified" thread way back on the real old, old original BBS and I had inquired to see if he was serious but at the time already owning 3 Rovers, it was just more or less talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:32 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

On a side note, I should actually move this to the Misc section if you dont mind....

Quote:
[/size]
Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

yeah chris go ahead and move to the misc. section. I guess it should be there.
i changed the bill of sale to a higher amount that i wont refuse and signed it, if he excepts he will have the truck monday night. i will know monday.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
1995, 95, ac, fs