Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Found a D-90, Need Your Help!!!

I found the exact D-90 I have been looking for: It's a 94' Arlis Blue with fiberglass top, 97k miles. It even comes with a soft top. It does have the forward facing back seat. I don't know which tranny though (If reverse is in the bottom right, it's the R-380, right?) They are asking $26,500. If I could trouble some of you to please look it over for me and provide input ASAP. I am heading up there tomorrow morning (Saturday) to look at it.

Go here:
Elite Motorsports
Then click on Inventory at the top, then go to page 2.

Thanks!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Jon_Winningham
Sterling M Archer
1995 AA Yellow NAS D90 #2986

Registry
That would be the R380...

Nice truck...
I would see if they would take a little less than $26k though.
You can tell them that the interior carpet is not correct, and hence hurts the collector quality (easy fix).
1995 NAS Defender 90 AA Yellow #2986: Current
2009 Range Rover Supercharged Black/Black: Current

1993 NAS Defender 110 #375/500: Sold
1995 NAS Defender 90 Soft Top Beluga Black #2556: Sold
1991 Range Rover Hunter Green: Sold
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon Portofino Red #128: Sold
1993 NAS Defender 110 Beluga Black #215/500: sold
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Winningham
That would be the R380...
What do you mean? Can you tell by looking at the pic what tranny it is?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

bottom right is the R380

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Got it, for some reason I thought you were referring to being able to tell just by the pics. Anyone else checked out the pics?

Semper Fi!
Old October 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Looks like a nice truck to me.

Make sure you look at the underbody for rust. There are no pictures showing the underbody on this web page. Looking at how clean the rear cross member is, the underbody may look great. But something to check............

Welcome to the page.......

Flagg
Old October 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

what no bentley flying spur?

i've actually seen this truck at that dealership, i can take a much closer look for you next week as i work about 3 miles away from there.
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
what no bentley flying spur?

i've actually seen this truck at that dealership, i can take a much closer look for you next week as i work about 3 miles away from there.
Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it. I am heading up tomorrow (saturday) to look at it and if I like it I may get it on Monday.

I already pulled the CARFAX on it and it's clean. It spent two years in Germany, so I assume it belonged to servicemember.

I just hope there is a full rollcage under that fiberglass top. It's hard to tell in the pics.

Semper Fi!
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:15 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it. I am heading up tomorrow (saturday) to look at it and if I like it I may get it on Monday.

I already pulled the CARFAX on it and it's clean. It spent two years in Germany, so I assume it belonged to servicemember.

I just hope there is a full rollcage under that fiberglass top. It's hard to tell in the pics.
there should be one!
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

It looks in the pictures like it has a full cage. I can see in one of the photos the brace for the soft top.

Good looking truck...I like the Arles Blue.
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

It looks like there are rear seat belts hanging in the back, so it should have the full cage. Make sure you pull up the carpet in front and check for rust where the bulkhead meets the floor panel. This can be a point of negotiation for you as most of them will have at least some rust there.
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Or maybe not much of a point of negotiation "as most of them will have at least some rust there".

Flagg
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
Or maybe not much of a point of negotiation "as most of them will have at least some rust there".

Flagg
Does this place sell a lot of them? If not they might not know that Still...you're there...you're local...try to negotiate some. With those miles it should be pristine at that price.
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieD90
Does this place sell a lot of them? If not they might not know that Still...you're there...you're local...try to negotiate some. With those miles it should be pristine at that price.
this place hasn't had another d90 in the last year that i've noticed... also it used to be an "eastern's toy store" up until last year maybe...
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The weird thing is that it has been there since August 20th and they originally had it listed for $29k. So I just hope nothing is fishy. Like I said, it has a clear Carfax and it also stated that it did have a transmission service at about 70k miles. I'll let you know how it goes!

Semper Fi!
Old October 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
this place hasn't had another d90 in the last year that i've noticed... also it used to be an "eastern's toy store" up until last year maybe...
I thought the place looked familiar. I remember back in the late 90s that there was some place called Elite or something to that effect that would stock a few 90s along with Bear Valley and Copley. Seems as though Bear Valley has pretty much all but gotten out of the 90 business over the last few years and let Stuart have the monopoly on it - which is fine by me. One stop shop for the rich kids among us (myself NOT included).

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
The weird thing is that it has been there since August 20th and they originally had it listed for $29k. So I just hope nothing is fishy. Like I said, it has a clear Carfax and it also stated that it did have a transmission service at about 70k miles. I'll let you know how it goes!
Just be sure to go over it looking at the corrosion.
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieD90
That was my thinking!
Old October 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Well, I went and looked at it this morning. It was perfect! I crawled all over and under it, pulled up all the floor mats and inspected the oil and coolant. I only found two small rust spots - one under the drivers side door hinge, and one under the rear spare tire carrier bracket. It is VERY clean. It does have the full roll cage. I test drove it for about half an hour, going on the highway (took it up to 75mph) with no issues, took it on a side street and mashed on the brakes, and then ran through all the gears both hi and lo. It does have the R380 tranny with no issues. Does have A/C as well.

I ended up buying it! $26k. I think that is a fair price based on condition and mileage, right? I will pick it up on Monday or Tuesday, so I will post a pic or two!!

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Semper Fi!
Old October 6th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Did you check to see if it had mulitiple drips underneath? If not you are in trouble, it has no fluids in it CONGRATS and welcome to the club! Browse these pages everyday, alot of great advise and some really good guys here.
Old October 6th, 2007, 12:07 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Price is only fair if you are happy and feel good about the deal. Congrats, as I am sure you are happy. It look like a great truck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90