Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm
im looking at the pic of of that blue one in post 1, and if you built that, you suck. i can do "suck" myself, i dont need to pay someone for that. it looks like it was slapped together by a drunk... were you drunk? maybe thats why you dont remember it.
That's the first thing I thought of myself when I saw it..... there's no WAY that ECR built that thing. I mean, Mike might as well call his company OCD Rovers for the attention to detail and how well everything blends together in every ECR rover I've ever seen photos of.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
holy crap Mike... what were you trying to do... rip him off?

Can't believe Creed is still in the business.
Even that part of his story is BS (the fact that we gave him a replacement cost quote), because we don't give any quotes until we go over the truck, so he even made up that part.

I know this is dragging on, but I did find out that the frame is not even galvanized. I told Creed if he is so sure we built it, to look for the chassis #s that are stamped on and then galvanized in on every coil truck that we have ever built and he said they couldn't be galvanized in because the frame isn't galvanized!

Just for giggles... more pictures of said truck:
Attached Images

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Even that part of his story is BS (the fact that we gave him a replacement cost quote), because we don't give any quotes until we go over the truck, so he even made up that part.

I know this is dragging on, but I did find out that the frame is not even galvanized. I told Creed if he is so sure we built it, to look for the chassis #s that are stamped on and then galvanized in on every coil truck that we have ever built and he said they couldn't be galvanized in because the frame isn't galvanized!

Just for giggles... more pictures of said truck:
driven 2000 miles then parked? hes missin some zero's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

This was already said, but I thought I would stress it again. Google this guy, his name has been dragged through the mud several times. He's obviously a little "slippery" to say the least!

By the way, do you remember this one Mike? Series-III hi-cap?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1357 resized.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	16688  
Old December 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
For Sale ECR Rebuild!

$28,499!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0672.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	16690  
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Big sKY

hey tom, nice find. you can't fake that patina. Throw that on top of the arrow chassis from montana and you can have a sweet truck for only $57,000! Or if you like shiny things, for that money you could buy Bart's 110.

Actually the montana truck doesn't look too bad all said and done. But it needs new rims and tires and a different color top. And the galvy stripped of paint and that funky stuff taken off the rear cross. Then it might be a 8-10k truck if its solid and runs well. Is that Don from CO in the one pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1
$28,499!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:13 PM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

I didn't have to read any further than the name "Creed" and the area code 406 to know that this was going to be good
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Andrew! How's the 110 project going?

cheers
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by headdamage
I didn't have to read any further than the name "Creed" and the area code 406 to know that this was going to be good
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Slowly... just dug a 6.2 out of my old suburban for it yesterday and got a good quote on an nv4500 today. Need to assemble the 200tdi for the 90 first though.
Old December 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Go ahead and Google earth me. I have twelve Defenders on my property. It would be a cool pic but mind you one is a 97 ST, one is a NAS 110, and the rest are matchbox toys
Old December 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
By the way, do you remember this one Mike? Series-III hi-cap?
Absolutely. Was originally a RN company truck, then sold to Lloyd Miller who was a local collector. He sadly passed away a few months ago. We put a galv. frame in that many years ago. It was then sold and has sold again in th last few years. Lost track of it after it left our services.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Absolutely. Was originally a RN company truck, then sold to Lloyd Miller who was a local collector. He sadly passed away a few months ago. We put a galv. frame in that many years ago. It was then sold and has sold again in th last few years. Lost track of it after it left our services.
A good friend of mine bought it a couple years ago from a guy in NH. He's on this board occasionally. It looks like he wants to put it up for sale though.... It's still in amazing shape. I don't think much mileage has been put on it at all and it's been stored in doors. If you know anyone who would be interested let me know and I'll pass the word!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
How do you get through to morons??

"
Oh my god....
We didn't work on that truck, nor did we sell it. I know this for a fact.

So that is 2 people in the last 2 weeks that refuse to believe me when I tell them the truck they have wasn't built by ECR.
I'm just amazed that people think I am wrong about these things.

OK, venting over.

I'm still just amazed that people think I'm wrong about this stuff. I wonder how many trucks a year they think we put out? I guess they think it is enough so that we wouldn't recall what we did and didn't build.
Thats the ultimate form of flattery isn't it ? They want the truck to be an ECR product so badly they won't even believe your assertion it isn't your work.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching
Is that Don from CO in the one pic?
That does look like Pendy's buddy Don P.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 3rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

It is Don,

Creed still has his spell over him. He is up there right now trying to get paid for a few months work! I had wondered how Creed would have ended up with a ECR truck. Guess Mike confirms it is not one of his trucks. I think Don had his doubts as well.

Oh the drama-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching
hey tom, nice find. you can't fake that patina. Throw that on top of the arrow chassis from montana and you can have a sweet truck for only $57,000! Or if you like shiny things, for that money you could buy Bart's 110.

Actually the montana truck doesn't look too bad all said and done. But it needs new rims and tires and a different color top. And the galvy stripped of paint and that funky stuff taken off the rear cross. Then it might be a 8-10k truck if its solid and runs well. Is that Don from CO in the one pic?

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
akfisher
robert hall
95 d-90sw

as an interesting aside there is a guy in vancouver bc named richard creed dba pacific custom landrovers who(if such a thing is possible) is even more disreputable than creed evans. the moral of the story, if you hear the words land rover and creed in the same sentence hold onto your wallet and slowly back away.
Old May 19th, 2015, 11:11 PM
xjahx
JAH
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU

Registry
Interestingly, this truck has resurfaced. Now being sold by (Creed) Miles Evans in California. A friend has a coil spring Series iiA on MVY, and this peaked my interest for a project. Then I watched the price be driven up by two "bidders" with 0 and 1 feedback, 100% of all bids with this seller.

Land Rover Other 2 Door | eBay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
buying, series