Finally, some pictures for all those who asked - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Finally, some pictures for all those who asked

I know I have taken a while but a few people have asked to see a bunch of things a bunch of times so here are a few pics. I am going to wait for the cage to be finished before posting that up because it has taken so long, I just want to get it finished before I show it. So first, for Brett, here is the 6in round speakers mounted in the hard top. It was a tight fit but worked really well since it took no space and allows you to actually hear when you hit 70mph!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seatbelt.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	647  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

And here is the storage bin and the CO2 tank, I have two jump seats on the other side. Trying to level out the weight!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	storage.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	648  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here are teh 6x9's in the bulkhead. There are two amps behind there too. It was a tight fit but I really did not want to waste any space on my stereo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6x9.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	649  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay Randy, here is the motherfu%$&ng fuel fill pip for the custom tank
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hose.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	650  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here is the front Coilover suspension
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	coil.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	651  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

another coilover and a better view of the upper mount
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	coil2.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	652  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here is the front end. Check out the clearance under that diff!! I am not showing the modified radius arms that hold it in place untill I get permission from KC. He might put it together in a kit and I am not sure he wants it on the net. Just to give you guys an idea, it uses up every inch of those 14in shocks with the ease of a rear suspension. That equals over 17in of travel in the front end. And I know this might ruffle a few feathers, but it makes the SG 3 link look like a joke. I have ridden in both and there is no comparison to how this handles both on the road and off. Of course, I am biased, but this is the best thing I have done to this thing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	frontend.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	653  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

And just for bling, one of the roll cage taken from the roof. I will post pictures of the whole thing very soon as I think I am about to be done. Oh man, I can't wait to be done!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nso.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	654  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2004, 12:20 AM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Took you long enough! Jeez I though my clothes were going to go out of style!! Nice looking Tdi Dave. Is the tub carpeted or is that rhino lined? I can't tell from the pictures because everything appears dimensionless in the back. I like the NSO roof emblem too!

DJ
Old May 18th, 2004, 12:33 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Berty
Brett Hurrell
D90 Hardtop 300Tdi

Thanks for the pics Dave. That is looking sweet as a nut!

Is that a Ford 9" ? are you allowed to tell what gearing?
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:02 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Needs more diagonals/triangulation...

Just Kidding. Hopefully you are familiar with some of the classic PBB discussions on failed cages. I'm sure KC is....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...cage+diagonals

Looks sweet.

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks for the nice comments! The tub is all carpeted with good old Home Depot outdoor carpet. It was pretty cheap. I don't have a problem telling anything, the diffs are 9in with 4.56 gears. The rear is a full floater too! I know what your talking about Dave! It cracks me up some times on PBB listening to those guys. When I get the cage done, I'll take some pictures of how it attaches to the body.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I can't believe I almost forgot! Nothing like a $30 steering wheel to really give your truck that special look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	steering.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	660  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Dave,

You completed the whole look with those yellow outlined shifter numbers

I'm a bit disappointed you don't have the cross-drilled racing pedals

Kidding aside, nice job on the truck!!!

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Nice big tach. Good for those drag races
Is that a km/h speedo??
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

That Tach could be bigger. The only thing that kills the life of that 300TDi is high revs and heat. I should use it for drag racing. Ever since I put on that 3in exaust, I can peel out in first and second gear on a dry street with 37in tires.

The speedo is in km. That speedo and the heater motor are the only two moving parts on the whole truck that I have not replaced.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:34 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

when are we going wheeling?
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

When are you getting your truck back and when am I going to get my tie-rod?? Right after that I imagine!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:08 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Got Yellow? or how about Got Rice?

Now I need to go back and read what you wrote

Looks sweet so far. I'm really curios about the front radius arms, if I have to guess on what KC did to it to make the front flex is take the bushing design and add either Johnny joints or hiem but I could be wrong.

On the coil over mounts, do you have a bar that connect both mounts to each other. I see one in the back ground but not sure if it's the one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat