Finally - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 13th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Mark,

Congrats. Nice color choice! I like yellow the best but couldn't see me driving a yellow car everyday.

When I bought mine it didn't have A/C - I bought a new kit from Mike at West Chester Land Rover for $1350.00 and had it iinstalled at West Coast Rovers here in Irvine. It cost about $750 to have the kit installed. So far it has been a waste of money. I haven't used it at all. I am hoping during the hot months it will come in handy - but in order for it to be effective I have to put the top back on which I don't want to do.

Give me a call sometime and we can meet up. I am thinking about trying to get a So Cal D-90 get togehter sometime in late Aug - early Sept.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Just an FYI, the PO of my 90 said he would use the AC to blow on his legs when it was real hot and he had the top off stuck in traffic, personally I think it is kinda odd to have AC in a convertible, but some people think I'm kinda odd. I think it would be a better investment to see if you could get new seats that have heaters / AC built into them installed. Then you could have the best of both worlds with the top off.
Old July 13th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefffff
Have to go with CVC too. I have AC in my 94 ST and never really use it. With the top off and the windows out, provides enough breeze to cool me down. Never been to California though, might be a different story. Here in Virginia, its humid hot.
Yet another person agreeing about the A/C. I've got it and never use it. I've thought of pulling it and selling it to get money for more upgrades. I live in Texas where summer highs are never below 90 degrees and with the surrey top I'm quite comfortable. The only time I ever wish for it is in traffic which thankfully I rarely run in to. When I need to go run errands I have the option of the D90 or the 99' Mustang w/AC. I almost always pick the Defender.

So, who wants to buy a used AC?
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2006, 11:53 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Talking

Hey Guys,

I know this is a fairly old post, but I thought I would share anyways.

I purchased my Yellow 94 D-90 off Ebay a few months back. I remember when I saw one for the first time, back in the mid 90s, I didn't know what it was at first but I knew I had to evenutally have one. It wasn't until this year, sad I know, that I finally stepped up my efforts. I ran across one in the papers advertised at a LR dealership. It was a red 94 with a boatload of miles on it, or atleast to me it seemed like it had quite a bit of miles. The body had a few dings and dents, it was in need of care. It drove strong, they were asking around $22k for it, but my gut told me to pass on it.

That right there was the beginning of the end for me, I had to have one! As I always did, I was perusing Autotrader and Ebay and ran across 'the one'. I contacted the guy, who was down in Alabama, he and I settled on a price before flying down. I bought a one way ticket that Friday, got there around 10AM and was on the road by Noon. I drove straight from Huntville, Alabama up to Michigan, it rained all through the top part of Kentucky and half of Ohio. (I had the badger top w/o the windows on the whole trip.) Got into Michigan to show my family and friends and the next day headed back down to Columbus, Ohio (newly transplanted there with a new job).

The truck is everything I've ever wanted and more. 2 weeks into ownership, I had it thoroughly inspected by Eric of www.trailhead4x4.com. He's based out of Cleveland and only about an 1.5 hours away. He looked over the vehicle and gave it a clean bill of health. No leaks, and the combustion seems great! He says he can't believe it even had 53k miles on it.

The only modes I've done so far is swapping out the battery for a Yellow Optima and I'm in the process of replacing those paper woofers they call speakers. I also purchased a red Optima too, for a dual hookup. I would like the gutter kit from Badger, a hardtop, as well as a laundry list of other upgrades. Anyone know where I can pickup a pair of Hella lights at a reasonable price? And which ones to go with?

You guys mention not using the air much, I have to agree, it's rare that I use mine now, however, when I drove out of Alabama it definitely came in handy!

It's funny telling people that I flew down to pickup a car I purchased off Ebay...they look at you as if you're nuts. LOL
Attached Images

Old September 4th, 2006, 12:37 PM
scot
Scot Yount
95 Coniston Green D-90 SW

Ok..I'll bite. If you got the truck in Alabama, are from Michigan, and now living in Ohio...why does the truck have a Texas license plate?
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot
Ok..I'll bite. If you got the truck in Alabama, are from Michigan, and now living in Ohio...why does the truck have a Texas license plate?
LOL...those are the pictures that I have from when the truck was listed on Ebay. Jonathan Morgan (the guy I bought the truck from, also a D-90 member) bought the truck from a British guy who lived in San An, Texas a month before.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

http://www.rallylights.com/

I've bought lights from these guys. Very helpful. And they do parts and pieces. I don't know if they are the cheapest but they are reasonable for sure.

Your truck looks good Ade.
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
http://www.rallylights.com/

I've bought lights from these guys. Very helpful. And they do parts and pieces. I don't know if they are the cheapest but they are reasonable for sure.

Your truck looks good Ade.
Thanks for the info! I'll check them out.

I appreciate the kind words...I'm very happy with the D-90, I wish I would have gotten one sooner.
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
x2 on the rally lights

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat