Registry
FedEx.. what a great service

Please continue to support an awesome company

Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

At least it looked like he was smiling while he did it.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:24 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Haha I was going to see if anyone had some fun shipping stories this season. I ordered a present for my dad and my GF's dad 3 weeks ago from Amazon, 2 days later my tracking showed Delivery Confirmed, but I had no package at my door. I left a note downstairs seeing if anyone picked it up, then was down in NC for a few days at my parents' place - obviously he didn't get his present. The last day I was there I got an email from amazon that they rec'd my package back at HQ and refunded my money. I ordered the same stuff that Monday hoping to have it by Xmas. they made a delivery attempt this Mon, I asked for redelivery to our receptionist for Tuesday, Tuesday came and went and no package, so I called and USPS said they sent it out for redelivery and it was delivery confirmed!!! I flipped out, she put me on hold and looked around and found my package and couldn't explain how it had been delivery confirmed yet she was holding it in her hands.

THIS IS WHY USPS IS BANKRUPT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

It is still all about the person doing the job- our UPS deliveryman opens the garage or shop- yes he tries to determine where what goes, and puts it inside if wet/rainy/cloudy. Of course we couldn't be more rural... The PO on the other hand seldom gets it right, unless the right person gets it prior to being delivered- which she has even hand delivered stuff she knew I was looking based on labels...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
We use FedEx for work.... Alot, and they are horrible. You wouldn't imagine the shape some of our products show up in from these gorillas

At I'm not talking TV's here, I'm talking $100,000 pieces of equipment. I have no idea why my company still uses them.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Funny, I am just the opposite. I have had horrible experiences with UPS and will only ship FedEx with no issues whatsoever. In 10 years, they have lost one package and another was bent, but I was quickly paid for the merchandise.

Semper Fi!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Due to our Amazon prime account....UPS is at our house a few times a week :-(

Have to say that our driver is AWESOME! Puts it on the porch, and leaves a treat for the dog even if he is not outside.

Last year I had a signature needed package and I missed him by a couple of minutes...ended up with a phone call from him and he was going to lunch at the local McDs...so I met him in the parking lot to get my package.

I have even seen him stop on his route to give Sparky a treat when we don't have a delivery.

I think a lot of your experience has to do with the person that is servicing the "last mile."

Also...to FedEx's defense regarding the video above...you don't know how much of a dick the person with the fence and security system (guessing a HUGE dick) was to the driver over the years...

Current Rovers:
1994 D-90 ST #734
2006 LR3
2016 RRS

Past Rovers:
1997 Disco I
1988 Range Rover 40th Anniversary
1999 Disco II
1995 D-90 ST #2731
1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vitesse
2003 Range Rover HSE
2008 RRS
2013 RRS
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Funny, I am just the opposite. I have had horrible experiences with UPS and will only ship FedEx with no issues whatsoever. In 10 years, they have lost one package and another was bent, but I was quickly paid for the merchandise.
+1 there.
UPS has proven they suck over and over to us.
We use FedEx and they are not perfect but are leaps ahead of UPS for us.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Please continue to support an awesome company

that's because you are rich and have a gate
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Agreed...although the person is at least 70% of it the company has to set the standard. I have used DHL, UPS and FedEx, and FedEx has been the best! I have only had one problem in 10 years and that was with a improperly packaged item!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Another vote for Fedex

I had an ebay purchase inbound from Michigan via UPS. Its a two day zone so I sent the seller an email after 10 days saying I had nothing. He sent the tracking number showing UPS got the package on December 5th. The parcel had been to Maryland 3 times but it kept going back to a sort facility in Pa. It was finally delivered Tuesday the 20th-13 days late. I don't use UPS because they suck from a reliability standpoint and Fedex is cheaper-especially large items via ground.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
The problems worsen over the holidays for all shippers. Consider the part-time seasonal help hired only to be laid off a few weeks later.

Here is my "new" bumper delivered last week by FedEx. It looked if it already went wheeling with both ends punched through the box and the powder coating scraped off.

Regardless, another vote for FedEx.

To the folks in the Bay Area during the late 90s...... do you remember WebVan? They hired the best of the very best drivers. I still use several of those yellow and green crates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	45211  
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I've been waiting for my FedEx shipment of my new catalytic converters for a week at this point. They were scheduled for delivery yesterday but I want/need to get them installed before heading down to Charleston tomorrow, so I called them on Monday night and told them to hold it in Brooklyn...I'd pick it up. They said it was already on the truck for the next morning so they couldn't. I waited here all day yesterday and they never buzzed or anything and I rec'd a delivery exception!!!!! Yes, the buzzer works. I told them AGAIN yesterday to hold the package and I'd be out there this AM. I just called to confirm it's waiting for me before driving out there and they said it's on the f'ing truck!!!!!! WTF?????? All of the shipping companies blow at this point.
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Post Office doing same chit.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/140012355...ylist_id=87937
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Haha I was going to see if anyone had some fun shipping stories this season. I ordered a present for my dad and my GF's dad 3 weeks ago from Amazon, 2 days later my tracking showed Delivery Confirmed, but I had no package at my door. I left a note downstairs seeing if anyone picked it up, then was down in NC for a few days at my parents' place - obviously he didn't get his present. The last day I was there I got an email from amazon that they rec'd my package back at HQ and refunded my money. I ordered the same stuff that Monday hoping to have it by Xmas. they made a delivery attempt this Mon, I asked for redelivery to our receptionist for Tuesday, Tuesday came and went and no package, so I called and USPS said they sent it out for redelivery and it was delivery confirmed!!! I flipped out, she put me on hold and looked around and found my package and couldn't explain how it had been delivery confirmed yet she was holding it in her hands.

THIS IS WHY USPS IS BANKRUPT!!!
Bankrupt!!!! They are from from that, in 2005 they bought Overnight Transportation to form UPS frieght ( they pretty much took over the LTL business ) which hauls heavier and hazmat frieght which small package cannot, for 1.5 billion and they still had 5 billion left in their bank aaccount! Granted they probably have not made a whole lot since then... but trust me they don't lose it... there to big and to cheap!
Having said that... I drive their tractor-trailers from terminal to terminal (UPS Freight), I can't speak for the daytime delivery operations because I work at night. However, I witness certain actions at the docks and so called 20-30 veteran drivers that makes you shake your head.... and it is exactly the case as the other guy said, LOOK AT WHO THEY HIRE.
There is one word to explain it DISGRUNTLED... don't blame the company because...they obvisily would write him up for throwing the package!
People are morons...you have them with common sense and those without...you have people with pride and proffesionalism and those without!
Unfortunatly....these companies see it but can't just take action right away because of company policies and they are protected by HR/and or the Teamsters.
Let's not forget the thing that I see the most, and this is due to the modern society we live in.... that's LAAAAZINEEEEESS!

I have to say...imagine life without these companies.... if you think some of you don't get your package on time now, then you have no idea of the true scale of these operations!

Just for the record.... I do take pride in my work, and you can see who the bad apples are because they are indentifiable by the grease stains on thier uniforms... and I don't mean lubricating grease, that's another story!

Unfortunatly... shit happens, intentionly or not!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0615000526.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	46291   Click image for larger version

Name:	0615110734b.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	46292  

Name:	0615110734a.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	46293   Click image for larger version

Name:	0401110711.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	46294  

Name:	0619000925.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	46295  
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

Ooooohh! My bad, I see it now....time for eye exam!
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:48 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
We ship USPS every weekday, some days 20+ packages. I got a package back in the mailbox two days ago that I mailed to FRANCE two months ago. But otherwise we have a pretty good relationship with USPS. If you expect too much you end up disappointed.

Fedex we do not use anymore because billing issues and they were charging me $12 daily for pickups.

UPS is good but this time of year is rough, honestly if UPS realized how much we spent with the post office I think they would be begging for our business but getting hold of an account rep who gives a shit seems impossible.
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14
if UPS realized how much we spent with the post office I think they would be begging for our business but getting hold of an account rep who gives a shit seems impossible.
Meanwhile there was a rep that hounded me incessantly for a few weeks trying to get me a preferential rate. I kept telling her I couldn't make the volume but she wouldn't leave me alone. I'll go through my notes and try to find her # for you.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Well this guy is screwed -> http://consumerist.com/2012/01/hey-f...tary-base.html
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
Felony charges are retarded.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags