Father found guilty of murder due to mods - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 19th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Staci V
2000 DII. Death by fallen tree
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
However, the ruling still worries me as an enthusiast, because I fear that it could easily be twisted and used as a 'precedent' to convict any one of us on this board in a similar situation, even if we had only done something as mundane as changing the shocks, or tires. Am I the only one worried about the more far reaching possibilities of this?
No you aren't the only one. It is a slippery slope. Right now I only have a DII, but have future plans of a 90 and a Rangie classic. I am so overzealous about maintenance, but in the eyes of non-enthusiasts I can see their looks of even just my Disco.

Strawberry Abita beer........mmmmm I love seasonal beer time!
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen
Originally Posted by JimC
The Sun is pretty tabloid-ish, so I'd take it with a grain of salt, but I can say for sure that this all makes me want to run out to my truck, check all my torque values, and put a little dot of yellow paint on all the fasteners.
I was going to add this.... The Sun is the king of tabloid, they'll make a story out of thin air, but nevertheless, the bloke and his ex? wife are hardly making an adult stand by slating each other on the www.

He's even got his own two websites now, one aimed at "the memory of his children" and the other taking potshots ar the missus.

Waste of air, the pair of them!

Old December 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow
The Sun is pretty tabloid-ish

BBC has the same story

The bastard was stood atop of his truck shouting for help to save his children, three people dived in to try, without them more could of died, he was only interested in saving himself

3rd low and BOOT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat