Eyes in Northern California - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 27th, 2014, 06:07 PM

1980 Series III 109 Diesel

Eyes in Northern California

Just want someone to look at a series iii 109 - bid ends Monday on eBay. I just left Cali and on my way to Chicago for a work meeting or I'd do it myself. Help a girl out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Squaretyre
Landan
94 d90

Registry
Are you the one interested in that truck in Felton CA posted couple days back?
Old September 27th, 2014, 07:42 PM

Yes. Yesterday. Thought I'd use some different lingo so maybe someone would respond. A rather mean spirited closed bunch in here I've discovered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM

Have you read some of the posts on here? Come on... I agree blast someone trying to pass off a bogus rover but those not in the inner circle are pretty much treated pretty harshly. "Do your research." "You posted in the wrong forum" with explicatives. Well, some of us are trying to research - and don't want to pay the markup to the inner circle who are trying to corner the market on bringing trucks in and reselling for a hefty profit.

I'm just waiting for my blasting for posting twice.
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Squaretyre
Landan
94 d90

Registry
There is a member from Boulder Creek who frequents, not far from Felton and as so small odds are he passes through daily. I'd have to look up name as traveling myself, but if he doesn't chime in or post personally to you let me know and I'll have a friend swing by if possible. I grew up in Ben Lomand, next town over.
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:23 PM

I would thank you a 1000 times over and pay a visiting fee!
Old September 27th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Squaretyre
Landan
94 d90

Registry
No need for that, I'll still need to ask. Can you send me a copy of link or way to contact? PM me if more comfortable and see what can do.
Old September 27th, 2014, 11:37 PM

Like I said, ripping up my profile, saying I'm easily offended -- by rudeness. I'm on the East Coast - Florida Keys which doesn't make things easy in a vehicle search.
Old September 27th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
Have you read some of the posts on here? Come on... I agree blast someone trying to pass off a bogus rover but those not in the inner circle are pretty much treated pretty harshly. "Do your research." "You posted in the wrong forum" with explicatives. Well, some of us are trying to research - and don't want to pay the markup to the inner circle who are trying to corner the market on bringing trucks in and reselling for a hefty profit.

I'm just waiting for my blasting for posting twice.
Who are these "inner circle" people? What kind of beer do they drink? If one of them drinks Bud Lite then I know who he is. Now if they drink that fancy dancy IPA beer then that opens up a whole cast of suspects here. This inner circle profiteering bullshit has got to stop! Probably the evil Coke brothers looking for more evil profits.
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
It kept me up all night but I figured out who a couple more members (along with the Bud Lite drinker) of this "inner circle" are. I think they are into pork bellies and OJ futures as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Randolph-And-Mortimer-Duke.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	103797  
Old September 28th, 2014, 02:10 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Who are these "inner circle" people? What kind of beer do they drink? If one of them drinks Bud Lite then I know who he is. Now if they drink that fancy dancy IPA beer then that opens up a whole cast of suspects here. This inner circle profiteering bullshit has got to stop! Probably the evil Coke brothers looking for more evil profits.
We do have the exclusive NYC Boost Club and the............ ok, thats all I can come up with. I guess it comes down to members who have offered help to other board members vs members who have not contributed anything but ask for favors like they have. Plenty of new people get plenty of help here but then again honey attracts better than vinegar. Newbie can keep fighting or play nice and wind up in somebodies circle of friends. Did I just sound like a kindergarten teacher?
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:13 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
We do have the exclusive NYC Boost Club and the............ ok, thats all I can come up with. I guess it comes down to members who have offered help to other board members vs members who have not contributed anything but ask for favors like they have. Plenty of new people get plenty of help here but then again honey attracts better than vinegar. Newbie can keep fighting or play nice and wind up in somebodies circle of friends. Did I just sound like a kindergarten teacher?
NYC boost club is open to anyone ... We are an inclusive bunch not exclusive!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Yea, but you have to sell your soul to join. Much like communism. Hmmm, Im seeing a connection.

-Jeff
I'm pleased to say your application to join is being processed and you should receive as response very soon!

Hopefully NYC Boost club HQ opens next weekend .. Jimmy and I are doing the site survey.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat