Extremely Delayed Delivery of a 110 from Vendor(Need Advice) - Page 7 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:43 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
How about more details about the lawsuits reportedly filed that Uncle Douglas knows about but ULC doesn't know about...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

And the feces stirring trolls surface..!!!
Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Let me be a little Covey

There is a great difference between a Manager and a Leader

A Leader is the one who makes Things Happen
You ( based on your statement ) failed to be a Leader of your Team to a successful path, you failed to make it happen

A Manager is the person who is there when things happen, it is a reactive position instead of a pro-active position.

I believe David ( ULC ) needs to focus on been a leader instead of been what he is now ..a Great Manager... he is reacting to a fuck up, instead of preventing the fuck up

David, I normally don't do this ( God knows I don't specially for free ) , but if you ever find the need for solid business module advise, feel free to reach out
Reaching out!

Very, very accurate and very difficult to change

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2015 08:53 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post

I am taking that comment re: lawsuits in the levity that I believe it was intended to be read as

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2015 09:00 PM ------

I want to say thanks....and I mean that. The proof is in the pudding but we are already well on our way to getting fully sorted out. The support shown here has been fantastic and it means much to all of us. The negative and pitchforks are helpful as well; a very clear indication of what can happen.

I will be changing how I interact and will speak with Gustavo, I am open to any additional suggestions.... ones that are anatomically possible at least

It was suggested to me recently that I get out to events and meet people; for better or worse I will do so this season. I am fat, bald and a bit irritable but outside of that I can be good to camp with.

As an aside my undergrad is in Medical Anthropology and I have an MFA in Sculpture. How the hell I ever got to owing a shop is a mystery. 100% of my business experience is on the job training. The kind offers and sage advice here might go a long way to sort some things out quickly. One thing we can all agree on is my OJT might need some fine tuning.

The OP is well on his way to being sorted

Adam is fully sorted as well

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:05 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Sure you can call it trolling but the rampant piling on of unsubstantiated shit in this thread was ridiculous. So many started diming them out and then it appears they have rectified everything. As I stated in the other thread my experience was very different eith ULC and based on the number of builds in the shop both times I was there it was obvious they are doing quite a bit of work.

I don't get how slagging them off and making wild accusations can just be passed off as not a big deal and forgot.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:10 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Sure you can call it trolling but the rampant piling on of unsubstantiated shit in this thread was ridiculous. So many started diming them out and then it appears they have rectified everything. As I stated in the other thread my experience was very different eith ULC and based on the number of builds in the shop both times I was there it was obvious they are doing quite a bit of work.

I don't get how slagging them off and making wild accusations can just be passed off as not a big deal and forgot.
Thank you for that. Its the internet, I don't begrudge anyone being an ass or talking crap; we have all done it at one time or another.

I know the score and I believe many others do as well.

Bottom line is the actions of my business opened this opportunity for slagging on me. Had we done a better job this would not have happened and hence no slagging opportunity.

I mentioned above that the pitchforks are good to see once in a while; drives the "point" home

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:21 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Dave got my doors for me. Not sure it is significant like a truck, but it was fine.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
My comment was regarding someone trying to stir up more shit by trying to get these "lawsuits" broadcast on the forum... David admits that he messed up in the past, and I am sure if the "lawsuits " are out there that they are regrettably a result of your past dealings also.. As I mentioned before, how David moves forward from here will make him a man of his word or a man full of shit. I would like to think the latter will not be the case.
Old January 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
This guy has been waiting 8 yrs... http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/urba...ppened.815235/ -Jeff
Eight years ?!
I can both sympathize and not feel so bad at the same time.

Not ULC, but another location. I've been waiting 7 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, and 16 hours for mine to be completed.

I won't say who it is. But the work is exceptional. I've visited the truck several times.
Old January 24th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
This guy has been waiting 8 yrs...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/urba...ppened.815235/

-Jeff
Ouch! that's so mean! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by some named derelict post #25 of ih8mud
They(ULC) seem more concerned with importing Land Rovers and making money on the suckers who will pay WAY too much for rusted out crap.
I thought Cruiser guys were friendly?!

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
JehovahNissi77
Ceyon Woods
1991 200Tdi D110 CSW, Arles Blue

Registry
Update

Update!
David and I have been in contact frequently since the thread was posted, actually he called me that very next day and from what I can tell they have been working on it at a feverish pace ever since. (I have to work on how to actually post pictures in here.) The link below has a few updated pictures at the bottom of the page.
http://www.urbanlandcruisers.com/photos/?album=Ceyon110
After they started repairing/replacing the bulkhead they repaired the front chassis, then decided to the door sills, the door sills lead to the B & C pillars at which point David called and recommended we do the rear bodywork (the cargo floor had some corrosion) and chassis since the vehicle was almost practically torn down at this point. The price quoted seems more than fair especially considering the additional work being done in compensation for the delay. Iíve also been getting very frequent updates.
ULC is currently working the following, most compensated and the rest at decent price:
-Install motor
-Replace bulkhead
-Repair B & C pillars
-Repair front of chassis
-Repair rear chassis (Actually it looks like they are addressing the whole chassis)
-Replace rear door
-Repair body work
-Respray to make everything look uniform(not show car but decent)
I really appreciate Davidís & ULCís efforts in righting the delay and ensuring I have a sound vehicle. I initially was just getting what I hoped to be a running restoration but at this point it looks like most if not all of the immediate deficiencies will be addressed.
My Grandmother used to say ďEvery disappointment is a blessing!Ē After the long delay it definitely feels like more of a blessing to have the repairs underway.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
Fred Lobster
Pete Gerbine, III
1993 110 (#451)

Registry
Great news!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:03 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Well that's good to hear... Effort goes along way...
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Ceyon, your demeanor and attitude shown through this thread is rare and something to be commended for. You didn't throw a fit, call people out, post ridiculous comments, and such, behavior that society says is not only acceptable but all too common these days. As my Dad would say, thats a mark of a true man.

Im glad you and Dave worked through this and hope it ends well.
Old March 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Hardtimes
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE

Registry
Any updates?
Old March 7th, 2015, 03:22 PM
JehovahNissi77
Ceyon Woods
1991 200Tdi D110 CSW, Arles Blue

Registry
Update II

I received a couple of PMs requesting an update. I know and update is overdue, my apolgies.

I expected that this update would chronicle my drive back home from ULC peppered with statements alluding to an incurable case of permagrin but... thatís not this post.

The Defender was not able to be delivered on 27 Feb 2015. Communications went silent the week prior to delivery. I figured they were feverishly working on the vehicle so they could make the delivery date, so I made no inquires trying to keep my excitement at bay. I did make contact the day prior when I told ULC we were on the way down that Friday (27 Feb) to pick up the vehicle.

(I havenít tried posting pics to the board yet but if you go to the following link you can see the vehicle: http://www.urbanlandcruisers.com/photos/?album=Ceyon110).

ULC repaired the front end in preparation to install the replacement bulk head and motor. (Pictures sent to my e-mail and posted on their site). They also decided to do the front and rear door sills as compensation for the delay. As they began prepping the rear door sills I received several e-mails showing the status of the work and the vehicle being stripped down followed by a call. The recommendation was to make repairs to the cargo area and clean up the rear frame since the vehicle was stripped down practically to the frame (see pics in link above). It appeared to make sense, and I was assured there would be no change the 27 Feb deadline. We negotiated a price and I authorized the additional work. A deposit was made to continue the work as I donít ever really expect to get anything ďfreeĒ.

The day prior to delivery I received an e-mail back with a picture of the 110 not much different than the picture I received a week prior. The delay was reportedly caused by parts that needed to be delivered from the UK to complete the rear body work on the vehicle. The picture sent showed interior repairs being done to the second row floor.

I officially requested a refund last Tuesday on the condition that if the vehicle was finished in two weeks I would pay the deposit and money required for the additional work on delivery. ULC agreed and stated that they were having issues finding reliable technicians.

So to warp up Iím waiting on a refund and still waiting to see if ULC can come through one more time.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:14 AM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

Wow unbelievable story. You have a lot of patience but finishing this project in two weeks is almost impossible .

Don't want to give you more bad news but also don't want this to become a bigger disaster for you either. I have a hard time to believe this is a 1986 Land Rover. Doors, interior trim, vents in the roof, washer on wind screen shows more like a late 80's or early 90's truck. As this was imported before the crash on Defenders, it made it in to the country. I would never even try to import this as a 1986 truck.

Others can jump in and hopefully for you they can say that I am wrong and with good arguments I am more then happy to admit to that.

I wish you all the best.
Old March 9th, 2015, 01:42 AM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
The actual "Epic Fail"

David - Just epic.

It is a given that some people will screw you over given the chance. You have taken it to a new level, and I cannot believe that you are still on this forum, or that anyone here still deals with you.

I can tolerate many levels of douche, but you...
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:13 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JehovahNissi77 View Post
I expected that this update would chronicle my drive back home from ULC peppered with statements alluding to an incurable case of permagrin but... that’s not this post.

The Defender was not able to be delivered on 27 Feb 2015. Communications went silent the week prior to delivery. I figured they were feverishly working on the vehicle so they could make the delivery date, so I made no inquires trying to keep my excitement at bay. I did make contact the day prior when I told ULC we were on the way down that Friday (27 Feb) to pick up the vehicle.
It is often that when you get into a restoration project that it takes much much much longer than one anticipates.

Do you think it is worth asking in the overall allocation of shop resources, what resources are dedicated to completing this work?

What parts are on had to complete the work?
What parts need to be ordered to complete the work?

What is the next task, who is working on it and when do you estimate that the task will be completed?

In a production shop, it is easy to get bogged down on a job and like laying posts for a fence, when the first post is delayed, you can't put up the next fence section until the next 2 posts are in place. One delay and the calendar slips for every project.

I am not defending David/URBAN, just saying that unless "you" have taken on this type of work before and gotten behind yourself, it is hard to understand the feeling of being trapped and overwhelmed by having a shop full of work and 2 guys out with the flu sort of thing or worse, they get jobs somewhere else and leave you hanging with no progress to show.

The real question is do you have faith that this 110 will ever get completed, at least while you are young enough to enjoy it and if not, it might be time to cut your losses and move your project somewhere else, where ever that is????

Then their are the complications of what constitutes your project... is it just your 110 - $X work completed = $X paid - $X work done = $X refund... or is it your 110 - $X work completed - $X parts purchased for your project - $X paid - $X work done = $X refund.

You need to be able to work all of this out with David and then where will you take it when you actually go get it?
Over to Luke, down to Steve, Shayne, up to Brian, Lanny, over to Trevor... and when will they be able to do the work???

I am sorry for your debacle, good luck and hopefully all these issues I bring have already worked out in your favor.

If not think hard, weigh your options, and make calculated decisions and for Gods sake don't let your bad dealings with one shop give you an attitude for dealing with another shop that is trying to help you.

I know some shops that deal with bad attitudes by moving the project outside, then call the owner, hand them a check, and get to work on the next project and never look back. The owner has to tow or trailer the whole mess away with no where to take it. I am not saying you are like this Ceyon, just don't be...
Again best of luck!

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:19 AM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Ceyon, do you have a garage?
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:28 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Looks like that truck needed to be pulled and set before it ever had hands laid on it. A veritable "George Washington's hatchet" if ever there was one. I would say that the best course of action is to get out from under it and any money that you can recover, do so. Get legal aid if necessary.
Let the shop owner figure out how to get the coin out of this truck in some way other than having you as the banker. There's easily two or three months more work to be done on that thing. At shop rate, you'll be bled dry before you ever put your foot on the skinny pedal.
This is why these things cost money. Thinking that buying one for cheap and "fixing it up" will save any is hopeless fantasy. Perhaps you were led down the primrose path, perhaps not. Buying one that runs and drives is the best and only way to go. Hard lesson learned.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, advice