Extremely Delayed Delivery of a 110 from Vendor(Need Advice) - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

David did reach out to me today about my 200Tdi referenced in this thread and we have reached an agreement that I feel is fair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Agreed, Adam revisited and I tried to not be an ass.... and apologized for when I was an ass

Thank you for that

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I don't have a dog in this fight... But it sounds like as David said, this has been a kick in the ass to him and it sounds like he is doing his best to make things right, I'm guessing how these threads and disputes are resolved will be the so called litmus test to his character, both as a business man and a person....hey, we all fall down, but it's how we get back up and brush ourselves off is how we define ourselves as a person.. I say we give him a chance to make things right..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:45 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I've heard multiple stories today of making amends and making things right. That says something there.

Dave, good luck getting your business back on track. You have all the assets you need to be stellar, just give it more hands on, hire some more competent people, make sure every customer is kept happy even if it means compromise and be honest about what your shop can manage in workload. Quality vs quantity is a good way to turn this thing around.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:49 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

It is no cake walk to work on demanding peoples projects, do it perfectly, and come out smelling good.
Generally it's "this took way too long and cost too much".

I am in agreement with Shayne and David for that matter...

To have enough character to make things 100%, will go further than anything else to redefine ULC as a first class operation instead of a place where you may or may not get a square deal.

To reach a fair agreement with Adam is just one big milestone and surely the beginning of more of the same.

Most Excellent!

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:58 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

I appreciate the comments; positive and negative.

The op and I have spoken three times today and have resolved the time schedule.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:01 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
I appreciate the comments; positive and negative.

The op and I have spoken three times today and have resolved the time schedule.
That's really all that is important in this entire thread
Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:03 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Well...that and there 70 lbs I lost....

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:06 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I've heard multiple stories today of making amends and making things right. That says something there.

Dave, good luck getting your business back on track. You have all the assets you need to be stellar, just give it more hands on, hire some more competent people, make sure every customer is kept happy even if it means compromise and be honest about what your shop can manage in workload. Quality vs quantity is a good way to turn this thing around.

^^This

FWIW, I run a small business and had some quality issues a year or so back when I began delegating some responsibilities. In fairness, I probably delegated the wrong responsibilities (stuff that was difficult and that I didn't like) instead of delegating the appropriate tasks to the appropriate people based on their ABILITY. I found that I'm not a great manager of people.

One thing Mark said need to be highlighted and repeated...."give it some more 'hands on'"
He's right on here. Be careful with growth before you're ready. Bigger isn't better it's just bigger sometimes. You don't need an international presence, shopful-o-rovers and 20 more waiting in line.

I know you haven't asked David, but that's my reaction to all of this. I've heard all the stories good and bad regarding ULC, and not just over the D-Source. I can't tell you how to run a business (especially a import/restoration/parts business, because I wouldn't know where to begin with my backround), but I know how things work. I respect the fact that you're responding in a responsive, constructive and non-defensive manner. I know others who probably wouldn't have been so humble or receptive, so kudos. Now, let's move on and let the rebuilding begin.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:47 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Wow Jackie.... Every now and then you come out and absolutely floor me with a very succinct post...I agree...
Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:51 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Wow Jackie.... Every now and then you come out and absolutely floor me with a very succinct post...I agree...
Old January 23rd, 2015, 04:52 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Odd how he always has those posts a few minutes after happy hour has begun.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:01 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Odd how he always has those posts a few minutes after happy hour has begun.
HA!, Right, except they are usually full of a bit more piss-n-vinegar when I've actually been tipping a few back.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:02 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Well said Jackie:

Let's see how many problems Dave can fix in a week. Give him that time to make major changes and amends.

I'd be happy to see this thread go quiet. I hope for positive progress and concord between ULC and his customers.

With focus and hard work it's amazing how much can happen quickly.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
come-on mate!
you win hands down in the speak before you think category!
Kidding man! all is good. It's nice to see a thread come full circle on this board. Now that's something you don't see every day.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:13 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

What the flying **** you talking about Jackie??? oh , yeah.....thanks man..
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:31 PM
JehovahNissi77
Ceyon Woods
1991 200Tdi D110 CSW, Arles Blue

Registry
Thanks everyone for your input, advice, offers and PMs. Spoke with David today. We set a primary pickup date based on my schedule (16 Feb) and alternate pickup date (27 Feb) based on his for delivery of the vehicle. I pushed for the earlier date as it coincides with a holiday that will not require me to take time off work. The 27th is when he realistically thinks it will be completed and I am good with either just knowing solid targets are set.

I think this is a turning point for the shop. There are some intermittent deadlines also so I'll keep everyone posted.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:06 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Let me be a little Covey

There is a great difference between a Manager and a Leader

A Leader is the one who makes Things Happen
You ( based on your statement ) failed to be a Leader of your Team to a successful path, you failed to make it happen

A Manager is the person who is there when things happen, it is a reactive position instead of a pro-active position.

I believe David ( ULC ) needs to focus on been a leader instead of been what he is now ..a Great Manager... he is reacting to a fuck up, instead of preventing the fuck up

David, I normally don't do this ( God knows I don't specially for free ) , but if you ever find the need for solid business module advise, feel free to reach out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
^^This

FWIW, I run a small business and had some quality issues a year or so back when I began delegating some responsibilities. In fairness, I probably delegated the wrong responsibilities (stuff that was difficult and that I didn't like) instead of delegating the appropriate tasks to the appropriate people based on their ABILITY. I found that I'm not a great manager of people.

One thing Mark said need to be highlighted and repeated...."give it some more 'hands on'"
He's right on here. Be careful with growth before you're ready. Bigger isn't better it's just bigger sometimes. You don't need an international presence, shopful-o-rovers and 20 more waiting in line.

I know you haven't asked David, but that's my reaction to all of this. I've heard all the stories good and bad regarding ULC, and not just over the D-Source. I can't tell you how to run a business (especially a import/restoration/parts business, because I wouldn't know where to begin with my backround), but I know how things work. I respect the fact that you're responding in a responsive, constructive and non-defensive manner. I know others who probably wouldn't have been so humble or receptive, so kudos. Now, let's move on and let the rebuilding begin.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:13 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm glad to see David attempting to right some wrongs. That goes a long way (at least in my book). We are all human, and sh*t happens....and there is a difference between intentionally being malicious, and inadvertently causing harm. I believe with David it was the latter. We can all be quick to jump down people's throats (human nature), and I'm not excusing any behavior, but we need more vendors that care about these trucks - not less. If wrongs can be righted with members here on the board, it's a step in the right direction.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:19 PM
javelinadave
-
-

If this is the Defender Source version of AA I want to state that my name is Dave and I am a Roverhaulic. It dominates my life, it controls me and I need help.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread subject.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, advice