Extremely Delayed Delivery of a 110 from Vendor(Need Advice) - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:54 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Seems more like the second coming of Creed Evans

Except it can't be, because Creed Evans is attempting a comeback of his own right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:19 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Well....I just got wind of all this.

I have not read through the many pages but my gut reaction is this is more or less accurate. I just arrived JFK from the UK and will be in the office tomorrow.

I will read through and reply tomorrow but a few solid points:

As far as I know no lawsuits anywhere and no "pending" either

Many projects well off track, that is a given and it sucks and I truly am sorry.

We are not going out of business, the opposite as we keep growing and growing and it wont seem to stop. That is the bottom line issue.

We are honest and intend to do well. The vast majority of the time we do. Yes there are serious issues but they are being worked on non stop and improvements are being made.

We do not lie or steal. The OP has a very valid issue and is more or less correct. What has been left out is we already offered a full refund due to the time issues. He chose to continue the project.

I have been out for a week with limited internet access in Hell, UK (Burton Angus). I was under the impression his particular issue was taken care of in my absence, apparently not.

Bottom line: No one is losing any money, refunds have been made,and will continue to be made as needed, I hold full responsibility for all of these issues but those of you who know me understand some of the larger issues we have been dealing with. We are solid, solvent and not only intend to but will honor all of our commitments.

The lynch mob is out; perhaps there is some need for that and I don't quibble with anyones need to bitch about us especially where there is just cause. I would ask that some consideration is taken in this. We do great work, have grown well out of control and are suffering that but we are also fixing that at the same time.

David

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:22 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
The "girl" is his wife...
Mark why would you say that?

We have Shopi and Shamim in the office. Neither are my wives

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:24 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I had a cruiser guy @ Uwharrie tell me two years ago that the reason Urban switched to rovers was because the cruiser community had cut him off for similar dealings.
Interesting, that obviously explains the 20 + Cruiser we have on hand.

What vested interest do you have here in that Doug?

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:25 PM ------

Quote:
Three forum members have had refund checks bounce
One check was not honored.... not bounced. We were broken into. We had used an old account check to pay the customer. It was not honored but not due to funds due to the bank being confused.

It was sorted out immediately and in no way was out fault

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:27 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
So when she said she'd mail me my $1600 back it could be an "if" not a "when"..awesome! Twilight zone type stuff going on for me in the year 2014. Hmmm...let me find a silver lining in this..I'll have to get back to you with that ...
I spoke with the shop on Tue and told them to make one payment to you immediately and another set for next week. From what I see on line that was accomplished and was done so immediately

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:28 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

So why are there many years of threads and posts of this nature across several forums? Good luck, I for have learned not to trust to your business practices...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:29 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
from the waxoyl thread
In my own defense I have lost 70 lbs since then

I would ask anyone who wants to to call or come to the shop. We have 20,000 sq ft of crap.

Yes we are overwhelmed, yes we fuck up and it is not acceptable. I seriously do not believe that anyone who has met me face to face or have a real phone conversation would tell you I am a thief, liar or any such thing.

All we can really say is we grew too fast. We were not able to keep up. We have stopped the vast majority of the issues and plan to fix what is left. Give us the chance to continue what we are doing and to keep making people happy; yes it has been bumpy, yes it is my fault but this thread makes it seem as if we are the evil Land Rover shop; that is just not accurate.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:36 PM
JehovahNissi77
Ceyon Woods
1991 200Tdi D110 CSW, Arles Blue

Registry
Thanks for the good advice everyone. This is not the response I was hoping for. I was hoping I was just being paranoid and I should "hang in there for a bit". I'll be making a few calls tomorrow including another attempt to the vendor hoping to get someone other than the receptionist. My wife is suggesting a road trip. When I did talk to him a few months ago I really wated to believe he would make good on his promises but there is nothing in writing beside my invoices. I should know what my weekend looks like mid morning tomorrow after I've made some calls and go from there.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:38 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongosd2 View Post
So why are there many years of threads and posts of this nature across several forums? Good luck, I for have learned not to trust to your business practices...
Because many of the issues have continued over long periods of time. You need to make your best decision and I don't blame you in any way for not wanting to be involved with us. I just don't see it as accurate.

18 years in business.... very far from perfect but we are established, solid and determined to do the right thing.

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:42 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JehovahNissi77 View Post
Thanks for the good advice everyone. This is not the response I was hoping for. I was hoping I was just being paranoid and I should "hang in there for a bit". I'll be making a few calls tomorrow including another attempt to the vendor hoping to get someone other than the receptionist. My wife is suggesting a road trip. When I did talk to him a few months ago I really wated to believe he would make good on his promises but there is nothing in writing beside my invoices. I should know what my weekend looks like mid morning tomorrow after I've made some calls and go from there.
I am not sure what was said or not said when you called the shop, as I mentioned I was in the UK for the last week in the middle of no where .

Lets talk tomorrow. Apparently the work being done vs what you know is done is not correct. I fly to Atlanta at 6am arriving at 9:30 or so at the office. I will call you asap.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:43 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Another business at that North London address

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky...18084694883700

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:44 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Sounds like my guess was right.

If we are to take you at your word, then what needs to happen, is you need to stop taking business and take care of business.

You should probably be calling people to get their vehicles out of your way so you can take care of the projects you are already started on.

I would love to see a business do well and recover, so I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you got to fix this if you want anyone to ever take you seriously again. Yes, whether you know it or not; yes, you are going out of business -- if you keep going down this road.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:46 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
, The OP has a very valid issue and is more or less correct. What has been left out is we already offered a full refund due to the time issues. He chose to continue the project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JehovahNissi77 View Post
We eventually had a conference call after a few months at which point I requested my deposit back. The vendor stated I could not get my deposit back as the vehicle was imported for me and I owned it. (No, I don't have a title, just receipts with the corresponding invoices.) The vendor stated that the only way I could get my money back was if he sold the '110 on my behalf, at which point money would be returned to me.
Rightio then.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:47 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Another business at that North London address

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky...18084694883700
Hmm...wish I knew them

In the UK you have a registered address and a trading address as a business. The address listed is the registered address and we are required to list it when listing the LTD company publicly. We use a Companies service that provides the address and mailing box/service.

If in doubt go to Companies House and search out our number

We have trading addresses in both Evesham and Burton Angus.

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:50 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
Sounds like my guess was right.

If we are to take you at your word, then what needs to happen, is you need to stop taking business and take care of business.

You should probably be calling people to get their vehicles out of your way so you can take care of the projects you are already started on.

I would love to see a business do well and recover, so I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you got to fix this if you want anyone to ever take you seriously again. Yes, whether you know it or not; yes, you are going out of business -- if you keep going down this road.
Thank you. You are 100% right and that is what we are doing and and have been doing for 6 months.

You are right about going out of business....if things don't change we will.

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 10:51 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
Rightio then.
Not accurate

I am heading to bed. Let the pitchforks start again in the AM. I will be on the phone with Ceyon as soon as I can get to the office form airport.

Anyone else with an issue please call me....PM me here and I will give you my mobile number...

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:07 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

18 years of excuses…seems you may be in over your head
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:12 PM
JehovahNissi77
Ceyon Woods
1991 200Tdi D110 CSW, Arles Blue

Registry
David,
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. I will put it on the calandar for 0930 in the morning. Shamim has been nothing but pleasant to talk to but looking forward to getting this resolved.
S/F
Ceyon
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:49 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post

Mark why would you say that?

We have Shopi and Shamim in the office. Neither are my wives
David, I apologize if I was wrong about that fact. I thought your wife handled the front desk. Small matter and nothing implied in my remark.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
What the frick is going on?!

I try to do my due diligence prior to financial transactions of any kind and saw the negative feedback on Dave/ULC. I still chose to do business with him as I was somewhat local and never had any issues. He was always very helpful, including assisting a stranded Roverite on a Saturday. If the OP would have asked me, I would have recommended Dave in a second....

This all is very disappointing to me and hope that if true, Dave does the right thing by all his customers. Sad to hear this for all parties involved, especially customers due their paid products. Good luck, OP.

Wow.
My 0.0000002 cents... I was the stranded Roverite that Sam is referring to (or maybe one of the ones). I was a thousand miles from home needing a tdi alternator and Sam was kind enough to "take us in" and help me track this alternator down. A few calls were made and several folks on this forum helped out and Dave came from out of the blue, drove several miles to meet us and hands me a brand new tdi alternator without even wanting to get paid until I get back home to Jersey. Needless to say, I am forever grateful for that experience and to everyone involved.

That being said, this is indeed disappointing. I agree that Dave is definitely in way over his head and hopefully does right to all that he left hanging. Especially to the OP. I must say I would be less patient than him.

Looking forward to the results of this adventure.

Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I have had a positive experience with ULC when I bought my Skankey trailer from them. I had concerns about overspray on the paint when it was refreshed but to my relief it was all good (I'd still be at the door...just sayin).
Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

OK, well there you have it right from the horse's mouth. Even David Dearborn suggests that no one do business with him!
Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:40 AM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientmechanic View Post
OK, well there you have it right from the horse's mouth. Even David Dearborn suggests that no one do business with him!
Not quite what I said!

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2015 09:46 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
David, I apologize if I was wrong about that fact. I thought your wife handled the front desk. Small matter and nothing implied in my remark.

Fair Play

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Please allow me to paraphrase what you have said. All the other filler is just excuses. The below is all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcruiser
...my gut reaction is this is more or less accurate.... Many projects well off track... there are serious issues... refunds have been made, and will continue to be made... we have grown well out of control and are suffering... Yes we are overwhelmed, yes we fuck up... we grew too fast. We were not able to keep up... many of the issues have continued over long periods of time... You are right about going out of business...
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
atlcruiser
david
many

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientmechanic View Post
Please allow me to paraphrase what you have said. All the other filler is just excuses. The below is all that matters.
Is there as point on your pitchfork?

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

I've made my decision not to do any more business with ULC or even pursue what I feel I am owed because I have no confidence in a resolution. I paraphrased your own statements into facts... removed empty promises and excuses. Facts are what people should make decisions by. I'm done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, advice