Extremely Delayed Delivery of a 110 from Vendor(Need Advice) - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:06 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I had a cruiser guy @ Uwharrie tell me two years ago that the reason Urban switched to rovers was because the cruiser community had cut him off for similar dealings.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:14 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Little birdie said that they are being investigated by the Feds at the moment..vin tampering.... Get your truck and push it out of there as fast as possible.. And take some cardboard boxes to pick up the remnants... While you still can...
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:16 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Man, this just sucks. Ceyon, I think you are taking the extremely high road by not mentioning the vendor. The vendor alluded too by others should respond here, regardless of if he is, or isn't, the entity.

Responsible--fess up and get it fixed right, and right away.

Not responsible--let us know.

There seems to be very little support for the vendor and a lot of good support/advice for Ceyon. The kids deserve their Rover Vacation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:26 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Is this a joke? I'll call ULC in Atlanta tomorrow and speak with one of the girls again. They said nothing of any of this.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:38 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Is this a joke? I'll call ULC in Atlanta tomorrow and speak with one of the girls again. They said nothing of any of this.
The "girl" is his wife...

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:57 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

So when she said she'd mail me my $1600 back it could be an "if" not a "when"..awesome! Twilight zone type stuff going on for me in the year 2014. Hmmm...let me find a silver lining in this..I'll have to get back to you with that ...
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:04 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Three forum members have had refund checks bounce

Dividing Creek Imports

Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:06 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
My few experiences with ULC have been positive so it sounds hit or miss, heavy on miss for others.

And my experiences were small dollar parts.

Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:16 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I asked her to just put it back on my card and she kept saying check. I'm calling back tomorrow. I may have to go visit the shop...son of a gun. Lovely! This has to be a joke...some sort of newbie hazing?? jeeze fml
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

What the frick is going on?!

I try to do my due diligence prior to financial transactions of any kind and saw the negative feedback on Dave/ULC. I still chose to do business with him as I was somewhat local and never had any issues. He was always very helpful, including assisting a stranded Roverite on a Saturday. If the OP would have asked me, I would have recommended Dave in a second....

This all is very disappointing to me and hope that if true, Dave does the right thing by all his customers. Sad to hear this for all parties involved, especially customers due their paid products. Good luck, OP.

Wow.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:40 PM
fireball
Ben
Shopping!

FWIW, I almost bought a truck from Dave a few months ago. This one, which is apparently still for sale, not that it matters: http://urbantrucksforsale.com/listin...er-90-rhd-csw/

I consider myself fairly adept at the interwebs and decent with the search tool but never read anything like this about David, Dave, ULC, Urban Land Cruisers, etc. I think those in the know might be doing the community a bit of a disservice by being vague.

I did find some negative comments on ULC during my search and when deciding to do business with them, but mainly over communication issues and nothing of this magnitude. Perhaps this has all come to light/blown up in the past few weeks, but just want to say that I'm not surprised that folks decided to do business with him.

A few months back he was posting up pretty regularly, some pretty cool hard to find parts, etc.

Hope everyone gets this sorted out.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:56 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

And some of you guys wanted me to mail my Tdi back to this guy. I am so glad that it's not in a crate somewhere between Boston and Atlanta right now.

By the way, I tried to google for a photo of Dearborn just to see what this guy looks like if I ever ran into him... this is all I could find:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...d-dearborn.jpg

(Not kidding, thats really the only photo of him that seems to exist)
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientmechanic View Post
And some of you guys wanted me to mail my Tdi back to this guy. I am so glad that it's not in a crate somewhere between Boston and Atlanta right now.

By the way, I tried to google for a photo of Dearborn just to see what this guy looks like if I ever ran into him... this is all I could find:

Thats hilarious regardless of how you feel!

Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:58 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

And I thought that Professional Bobby got screwed over by ULC when they promised delivey of a complete R380 Stumpy and clutch kit within a week.
The stumpy came a week late and it took more than a month to get the belhousing and clutch assembly.
Bobby never did get the special bolts to fasten the belhousing, clutch pin, and feet for the release bearing.
Bobby paid for parts he never got from ULC.
Granted it was only about $25 worth of kit, but he still never got all his parts and there was a general lack of commitment by ULC or the slightest concern to resolve Bobby's issue and make things right.
A partial refund for the missing parts was requested, but never materialized.
After reading this thread, it makes his bad experience look like pristine service.
After all Bobby did get most of his parts.

This community is small and word travels fast and lasts forever.
That's why I have never understood why someone like ULC would burn so many bridges.
In short order they will become "land locked" without a customer base.

Quote:
That's why it was suggested (by some of us) you either take your engine down to UCL to swap it for a good runner, or keep it and fix it on your own.
You choose wisely, Adam.

I hope you get your 110 Ceyon.
There is a likely road trip in your future if you can't work things out, but you shouldn't wait too long.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:09 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:

Not really. Not that it matters, but he's in his waxoyl thread here as well.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:12 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Didn't see that one come up in google image search. 5 minutes was already too long to spend on the task
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:15 PM
Contractor
Will
1969 IIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
What the frick is going on?!

I try to do my due diligence prior to financial transactions of any kind and saw the negative feedback on Dave/ULC. I still chose to do business with him as I was somewhat local and never had any issues. He was always very helpful, including assisting a stranded Roverite on a Saturday. If the OP would have asked me, I would have recommended Dave in a second....

This all is very disappointing to me and hope that if true, Dave does the right thing by all his customers. Sad to hear this for all parties involved, especially customers due their paid products. Good luck, OP.

Wow.

This is pretty much where I am.

I am in deep with David......not as deep as others, but thousands and thousands.

My experience so far is great and I have nothing bad to say.........But, I would be a liar if I told you I was not scared shitless right now.......David needs to at least come on here and state his case.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:29 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
from the waxoyl thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dearborn.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	111808  

Dividing Creek Imports

Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:42 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Several members of this board have already filed suit. Pick up whats left of your truck asap.
Knowing that. Yes. Get a flatbed tomorrow, take it and run.

If the price is $7500, it may not be a bad price for a non-runner. But maybe walk in there with $5k cash and see if they'll settle the argument that way. (Assuming the $5k INCLUDES your already paid down payment.)

------ Follow up post added January 22nd, 2015 06:51 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor View Post
This is pretty much where I am.

I am in deep with David......not as deep as others, but thousands and thousands.

My experience so far is great and I have nothing bad to say.........But, I would be a liar if I told you I was not scared shitless right now.......David needs to at least come on here and state his case.
Just a guess, but I would bet the dude is in way over his head. Takes care of the customers he thinks he can, but is so buried that he is doing NOTHING for others. Including basically robbing them blind.

KVT anyone........?
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:54 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Not really. Not that it matters, but he's in his waxoyl thread here as well.
He needs teflon not waxoyl to get out of this.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, advice