Extremely Delayed Delivery of a 110 from Vendor(Need Advice) - Page 13 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:32 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? Yes Jews eat yams but THIS Jew hates yams like Bryan Williams hates the truth.
He meant hams.
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
He meant hams.

And this is what happens when you throw out a race comment.... explanations for days...
SMH
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:51 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdread View Post
And this is what happens when you throw out a race comment.... explanations for days...
SMH

Now whenever someone says yam, I'm going to think of bacon. You have broadened my association.

mmm, bacon.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
In full disclosure (and warning) I just filed a 5 figure credit card dispute against the sum total of work I had done at ULC. I know David was trying to make things right, but it was just taking too long and I was afraid I'd be at the back of the line of creditors with their hands out. If my cc dispute turns out to be the wrong venue, I'll look more into that GA Magistrate $15,000 claim link. (thanks for posting that.) My truck is back in the shop again in Houston (2nd round) replacing the wiper motor that was supposed to have been replaced (overloaded and blew all my relays) AND replacement of the battery management system as its worked like crap from day one!
Good luck to all my fellow ULC brothers.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 07:17 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Michael, my cc dispute was settled and finalized a few days ago. Thank you to the forum members who contacted me with this advice. I feel badly for everyone including ULC. Good luck.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:34 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Did I miss something..did ULC file for bankruptcy..???
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

...edited, sorry. That's a scary word.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
I really feel like there should be a sticky warning individuals to never purchase trucks from US sellers advertising a truck that is overseas. You know the type: "This truck will be in the US in 4 weeks, pay us now."

There's scamming by intent and scamming by default. The practice of US companies "pre-selling" trucks that are overseas before they come to the US is incredibly risky, and is actually a huge headache for the community when the deal goes bad. This turns otherwise honest businesses into criminals.

This whole thread is just one big warning against the practice. I really feel that Defendersource should just prohibit this type of selling practice altogether.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:44 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Just to put it out there I believe my rover is the arlens blue D90 that the OP mentioned in his post today. David has been working on my rig to finish the last remaining details and has kept in contact with me these past several weeks.

Honestly I am relieved that he is now personally working on my truck because my level of confidence in his resolve to finish it is extremely high. I know a lot of people are having issues I just wanted to mention that there has been progress on my build.

I hope to pick up my truck in the next several days, honestly he has addressed several concerns of mine in a very short timeline and has gone through the build and provided me with details of unfinished tasks and updated me as they were completed.

Needless to say I will have a long inspection of the truck and will share my experience when it is returned. Right now I truly believe it to be an honest restoration that, though delayed, will be worth the wait.

FWIW my agreement with David was for a basic rebuild with no bolt-ons, I believe to date he has satisfied all of our original build requirements and while my build will need final details done by me I am more than happy to address the finishing touches on my truck (as that was our agreement).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	116774  
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:34 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
Just to put it out there I believe my rover is the arlens blue D90 that the OP mentioned in his post today. David has been working on my rig to finish the last remaining details and has kept in contact with me these past several weeks.

Honestly I am relieved that he is now personally working on my truck because my level of confidence in his resolve to finish it is extremely high. I know a lot of people are having issues I just wanted to mention that there has been progress on my build.

I hope to pick up my truck in the next several days, honestly he has addressed several concerns of mine in a very short timeline and has gone through the build and provided me with details of unfinished tasks and updated me as they were completed.

Needless to say I will have a long inspection of the truck and will share my experience when it is returned. Right now I truly believe it to be an honest restoration that, though delayed, will be worth the wait.

FWIW my agreement with David was for a basic rebuild with no bolt-ons, I believe to date he has satisfied all of our original build requirements and while my build will need final details done by me I am more than happy to address the finishing touches on my truck (as that was our agreement).
You've been super patient man!
Ironically, this long delay may have worked in your favor because this winter has been one of the harshest on my vehicles I can remember. You'll have a brandy new D90 to roll into spring with.
What's better than that!
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:44 PM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
I just read this entire thread and let me say; The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Good luck everyone.
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:03 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
You've been super patient man!
Ironically, this long delay may have worked in your favor because this winter has been one of the harshest on my vehicles I can remember. You'll have a brandy new D90 to roll into spring with.
What's better than that!
True, the winter has certainly been easier to wait through then last summer
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyboyUpstate View Post
I just read this entire thread and let me say; The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Good luck everyone.
And hookers...
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:13 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Ceyon:
Any news?

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:37 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
Ceyon:
Any news?
Dave is online and reading this thread now.
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Dave is online and reading this thread now.
Stalking?

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 10th, 2015, 01:54 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Just left urban with my 90.

Truck is easily at 99% the shop sent out 2 trucks today and there are 2 more right behind it.

My experience at camp Urban was overwhelmingly positive; I encourage everyone on this thread to visit the shop if they're in Atlanta.

You can count me among Urbans satisfied customers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-727807341.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	117995  
Old April 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:

Truck is easily at 99% the shop sent out 2 trucks today and there are 2 more right behind it.

My experience at camp Urban was overwhelmingly positive; I encourage everyone on this thread to visit the shop if they're in Atlanta.

looks nice!
Old April 10th, 2015, 02:27 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:

You better bring it to HH on thursday

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old April 10th, 2015, 02:52 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Quote:
I encourage everyone on this thread to visit the shop if they're in Atlanta.
I was in Atlanta a while back and called about some seats they showed in stock on their website. I asked about coming by to see them in person and they wouldn't let me. They said something about them being in a different warehouse or something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, advice