Experience with Urban Land Cruisers? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:51 PM
CircuitTested
Scott
1986 Defender 90

Experience with Urban Land Cruisers?

I recently started a restoration of a ROW D90 and have been making my way through the various parts distributors and was wondering what the general consensus was on Urban Land Cruisers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

oh boy...
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
They are fantastic. Did a headgasket on my friends TDI and got it running like a top. Was just there last week and they have TDI powertrains everywhere and more work than they can handle. They can only put a fraction of what they have on their website due to resourcing.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Mtanzania
Frank
1994 D1 300tdi - Sold :-(

You won't go wrong with urban
Old May 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
atlcruiser
david
many

Thanks guys....

You can imagine what my opinion is!

Truth is we have been struggling to keep up. It has been a tough road the past year as we have doubled in size and more than tripled in volume.

We had a few... maybe more than a few... issues in the not too distant past. We are pushing hard to get past those issues and move forward. We have experienced a solid outpouring of support and critique, especially from those folks who we are currently working with. The patience is greatly appreciated.

There is a new staff in place and we seem to be getting a handle on things, I know we sure are trying!

The biggest issue overall has been ability to supply both work and parts in a timely fashion. The issue has been me personally. I have been the choke point on all this crap. Our new staff is being trained and encouraged to keep in my office and let them do their jobs!

If you have and a negative experience I take responsibility for that. Pls contact me and let me try to resolve it.

We really appreciate the support and feedback both good and bad. Our plan is solid, the quality of our work is great. As we get our infrastructure to equal our size we will get more and more smoothed out.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old May 24th, 2014, 10:06 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Always been good to me. Kept my tdi disco on the road.
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
I met with David several weeks ago to take a look at his place and look in on a long standing project.

Davis is a quality and supremely competent guy with a big heart. As happens with many small business owners, he has learned some hard lessons from taking on too much work and being spread too thin. I believe he is in a great spot and is in the process of sorting this things to have a great organization.

His organization is not perfect, but I am comfortable saying that if he accepts your project, he will do a great job.

Just my $0.02
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:56 PM
sjpin
Scott P
None

They have been good to me and I will continue to buy stuff from them. David's great. Sometimes he is slow to respond due to being busy, but he always comes through in the end.
Old May 24th, 2014, 01:01 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamkraig View Post
I met with David several weeks ago to take a look at his place and look in on a long standing project.

Davis is a quality and supremely competent guy with a big heart. As happens with many small business owners, he has learned some hard lessons from taking on too much work and being spread too thin. I believe he is in a great spot and is in the process of sorting this things to have a great organization.

His organization is not perfect, but I am comfortable saying that if he accepts your project, he will do a great job.

Just my $0.02

I agree with Kraig. David is working to get caught up with all the work he currently has in house. My build is coming along and he wants to make sure im happy with the final outcome. I will be posting photos of the project but many of his projects are on the ULC web site.
Old May 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Abu Buckwheat
Malcolm
2005 Defender 110 TD5 Station

I visited Dave and took a look in on their operations while I was in Atlanta a couple of months ago. Let me tell you I have been to LR shops the worldwide ... Nene Overland, Foley's, Nakatenaga, Ex-tec, Entreq, Saluki Motorsports, Shumachers of Nairobi and even a shop that does Iranian Faux-fenders from Pakistan and one place in Bali that specializes in mud trucks. What I saw was a dedicated LR shop packed full of Defenders. Every bay was full of cars I couldn't get enough photos of. Their backlog is a sign that there are SO FEW Defender garages out there in the USA. I mean there is a real need for more shops as the cars come into the country. I like their dedication to rovers. I don't even know if I saw a Land Cruiser there! We need a master sticky that lists all of the garages all over the states. Say what you will but Dave's clearly is a big player in the South. Its not like the 100 ex-Mods sitting in his lawn doesn't give them some serious credibility.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat